Got an Interview with H&R

Old Sep 20th 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got an Interview with H&R

Originally Posted by fergie171
43c a mile plus 1c for keeping truck clean which is in effect 44c a mile...hr is offering 40c..big difference i think...
depends how many miles you get !!!
Oh how the blind are so easily impressed by $$$$ 44cent is OK, but how much for each pick & drop ?? its all the little extra's that count and add up.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:26 am
Just Joined

adrianmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pocket rocket
Be gentle I'm new to the forum.

I have an interview with H&R her in the UK?

Any advice?

Me and my girlfriend are looking at the big move over to Canada, AB.

I have read a few bad comments but on looking at other forums they seem to have "Got their act together".

Thanks
Hi,

I also have got a interview next March in Leicester or Birmingham,had the email this morning !!

good luck,
Old Dec 18th 2012, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fergie171
hi alan
ive accepted h&r job offer....just waiting on formalities...will be based in moose jaw when im legal to work.....expecting to start training in october
Hi,

I am hoping to come out next year with H&R, the reason i applied for them is that it sounds as if they help you sort everything out and when you do something as big as this you need all the help you can get,hence joining this website,

my circumstances are easy, i am married ,no kids and will be coming out on my own for the first 12 months with my wife coming over periodically until i've sorted stuff out.
moving isn't a problem for us as we have lived in Italy previously ,let me know how it is going.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

The paperwork side of your move isn't difficult ,I did it for myself , wife and two kids , a german shepherd and a 20 foot container . Why pay someone else thousands when you can do it properly yourself ? Most of the guys on here did likewise , so called "immigration consultants" are nothing but parasites .
Your most important decision is to pick the right company for you , and choose somewhere to live that suits your needs and lifestyle .
Old Dec 19th 2012, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adrianmk
Hi,

I am hoping to come out next year with H&R, the reason i applied for them is that it sounds as if they help you sort everything out and when you do something as big as this you need all the help you can get,hence joining this website,

my circumstances are easy, i am married ,no kids and will be coming out on my own for the first 12 months with my wife coming over periodically until i've sorted stuff out.
moving isn't a problem for us as we have lived in Italy previously ,let me know how it is going.
I work for H&R, they sort your TWP etc.... But you need to do your own accommodation if you intend to have a home other than the Sandman.

Visits cost a lot from UK, your wife will get an open TWP when you land in Calgary, if you ask for one. ?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Got an Interview with H&R

Originally Posted by alandoug
I work for H&R, they sort your TWP etc.... But you need to do your own accommodation if you intend to have a home other than the Sandman.

Visits cost a lot from UK, your wife will get an open TWP when you land in Calgary, if you ask for one. ?
Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting back on this,can you tell me straight what it is like for H&R.

i am someone who is not scared of working hard,i want big mileage and to see Canada & USA,this is what they advertise,so tell me is this what i will get.

there are mixed messages on these forums regarding different views,i shall be on my own with no ties at the weekend's so availability should not be an issue.

If you could give me any insight to the job i would really appreciate it.

merry Christmas, me and the wife are off to Morocco for 2 weeks .
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting back on this,can you tell me straight what it is like for H&R.

i am someone who is not scared of working hard,i want big mileage and to see Canada & USA,this is what they advertise,so tell me is this what i will get.

there are mixed messages on these forums regarding different views,i shall be on my own with no ties at the weekend's so availability should not be an issue.

If you could give me any insight to the job i would really appreciate it.

merry Christmas, me and the wife are off to Morocco for 2 weeks .

You will have to take your truck, airbrake & theory tests first. Should take about 10 days, after that you will do 2 mentor trips, 1 to the US & 1 over the Rockies. Then orientation, be patient during orientation it can be tedious at times.

Your head will be swamped with all the fuel stops & macros at first, but it does all fall into place.

If you stay out, you'll be ok. You should reckon on about 3 weeks at a time. You prove you can work well & get there on time, your despatcher will respond. All the guys except 1 who I did orientation with are still here, that is from July. They are good with time off, taking passengers & trying to help you. The trucks are all late Freightliners with auto boxes. You need to be proactive & plan to be available at the right time, don't be afraid to chase your despatcher if you need to, run like you are an Owner driver. If you watch the clock & don't like long hours, don't bother with H&R.

There are many who like H&R & many who don't. They can drive you round the bend at times, but this is transport....

I drive with my Mrs so we run super single or team, depends on the load. Our experience has been good & we intend to stay.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Got an Interview with H&R

You will have to take your truck, airbrake & theory tests first. Should take about 10 days, after that you will do 2 mentor trips, 1 to the US & 1 over the Rockies. Then orientation, be patient during orientation it can be tedious at times.

Your head will be swamped with all the fuel stops & macros at first, but it does all fall into place.

If you stay out, you'll be ok. You should reckon on about 3 weeks at a time. You prove you can work well & get there on time, your despatcher will respond. All the guys except 1 who I did orientation with are still here, that is from July. They are good with time off, taking passengers & trying to help you. The trucks are all late Freightliners with auto boxes. You need to be proactive & plan to be available at the right time, don't be afraid to chase your despatcher if you need to, run like you are an Owner driver. If you watch the clock & don't like long hours, don't bother with H&R.

There are many who like H&R & many who don't. They can drive you round the bend at times, but this is transport....

I drive with my Mrs so we run super single or team, depends on the load. Our experience has been good & we intend to stay.

Happy new year Alan,

Thank you for the info,much appreciated,i think if i am successful i should slot in fine........roll on March 18th.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

How about an update of how you're doing with H&R Alan?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mickfly
How about an update of how you're doing with H&R Alan?
Hi Mickfly,

i take it that there have been some developments ?

Have you had previous experience with them your self,
They seem to be the only company around who will support people through the process from Interview to licence to starting?

I have a question or two for you

If i get the job in March,will my visa allow me only to work for them or if things dont work out can i carry on with another company say after 3 months or must i stay until i get PR.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

pocket rocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mickfly,

i take it that there have been some developments ?

Have you had previous experience with them your self,
They seem to be the only company around who will support people through the process from Interview to licence to starting?

I have a question or two for you

If i get the job in March,will my visa allow me only to work for them or if things dont work out can i carry on with another company say after 3 months or must i stay until i get PR.
Hi mate, I have a job offer from the last intake but had to wait until March 2013 as I'm not ready to go yet. The work permit is for that firm only. If you want to go elsewhere you would have to apply for a new twp would would mean going back to blightly.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi mate, I have a job offer from the last intake but had to wait until March 2013 as I'm not ready to go yet. The work permit is for that firm only. If you want to go elsewhere you would have to apply for a new twp would would mean going back to blightly.
Hi

Thanks for that

so are you going over this march?

my interview is march 18th, i dont know how long it would takes from the interview to see if i get the offer.then i suppose it takes a few weeks to get the visa sorted etc...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for that

so are you going over this march?

my interview is march 18th, i dont know how long it would takes from the interview to see if i get the offer.then i suppose it takes a few weeks to get the visa sorted etc...
Well I was offered the job about a week after the interview, but be prepared for the question..."When do you want to start" I was shocked that it was going to be such a quick turnaround. I think it very quick for them to get the temp permit
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Well I was offered the job about a week after the interview, but be prepared for the question..."When do you want to start" I was shocked that it was going to be such a quick turnaround. I think it very quick for them to get the temp permit
that quick is ok for me as long as the paperwork is all sorted,are you going over in march then.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

that quick is ok for me as long as the paperwork is all sorted,are you going over in march then.
I waiting on an email for the date. But was told towards the end to beginning of April. They told me they have a new intake every few months so be prepared.

Sounds like you ready to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.