Got an Interview with H&R

Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

pocket rocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got an Interview with H&R

Be gentle I'm new to the forum.

I have an interview with H&R her in the UK?

Any advice?

Me and my girlfriend are looking at the big move over to Canada, AB.

I have read a few bad comments but on looking at other forums they seem to have "Got their act together".

Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2012, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got an Interview with H&R

Originally Posted by pocket rocket

Any advice?

I have read a few bad comments but on looking at other forums they seem to have "Got their act together".

Thanks
best of luck with them they dont have the best reputation on this forum for looking after forigen workers very well but each to their own. the best advice is to be yourself tell them why you want to move to canada i.e its something you always wanted to do and why you want to work for their company as that will be 1 of the first questions they ask they will want to know what your expectations are what you see yourself doing in 2 years i.e been happy and settled working for their company and earning good money things like that. questions you might want to ask them is will they help you with permant residancy what they pay ie basic salery or payed by the mile if so waiting time is it paid and if there is no work and your away from base do they still pay you as they used to pay by the mile and the saying if the wheels dont turn you dont earn has a lot of meaning what benifits they offer ie dental medical life insurances, what they expect from you ie someone who is reliable and will get the job done in time they may ask you what you expect from them ie to be treated as a person not a number with regards to the job do you have to pay for your own training ie canadian class 1 and air brakes or do they pay it and expect you to pay it back as with some companys they will pay for it and recoup it back of you when i was offered my job with another candian company it stated in my work contract they would pay it. if i can help you any more feel free to pm me! all the best
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

fergie171 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice?

Thanks
ive just completed an interview with lyndon on tuesday and ive been offered a job,"got an email yesterday"..ive spoken to a few drivers who still work there and some who moved on after gaining pr.they didnt have a bad word to say about the place,its not much different from any uk/euro based company..they want you to work end of,
a driver had a problem down on the mexican border and all i saw was h&r personnel running around trying to get it sorted.that showed me another side to the already tarnished name of the company..they were doing something to help the driver...thats good in my books...my friend who works for hughsons said that $1000 a week is ok,my friend who is still working there(at h&r) said he is averaging $1200 a week. ive still got interviews set up in saskatoon for monday, but the job offer from H&R is on the table... i wouldnt be afraid to work for them...
Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fergie171
ive just completed an interview with lyndon on tuesday and ive been offered a job,"got an email yesterday"..ive spoken to a few drivers who still work there and some who moved on after gaining pr.they didnt have a bad word to say about the place,its not much different from any uk/euro based company..they want you to work end of,
a driver had a problem down on the mexican border and all i saw was h&r personnel running around trying to get it sorted.that showed me another side to the already tarnished name of the company..they were doing something to help the driver...thats good in my books...my friend who works for hughsons said that $1000 a week is ok,my friend who is still working there(at h&r) said he is averaging $1200 a week. ive still got interviews set up in saskatoon for monday, but the job offer from H&R is on the table... i wouldnt be afraid to work for them...
So fertile, your already out in Canada. What visa are you on? You had anymore interviews
Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:17 am
Just Joined

So fertile, your already out in Canada. What visa are you on? You had anymore interviews
Sorry damm auto correct fergie
Old Aug 18th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

im in medicine hat at the moment, heading over to saskatoon for another 2 interviews before flying back to the uk on tuesday..... ive been here for 2 weeks on holiday and managed to sort my interviews into my agenda...alls good.... my mate just got a job with hughsons transport in lethbridge..they have lmo and are doing interviews over the phone or skype if you have it...there looking for brit drivers ...good luck
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

im in medicine hat at the moment, heading over to saskatoon for another 2 interviews before flying back to the uk on tuesday..... ive been here for 2 weeks on holiday and managed to sort my interviews into my agenda...alls good.... my mate just got a job with hughsons transport in lethbridge..they have lmo and are doing interviews over the phone or skype if you have it...there looking for brit drivers ...good luck
Good luck mate. Please let me know how you get on. I will deffo look at other companies and keep my options open
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck mate. Please let me know how you get on. I will deffo look at other companies and keep my options open
I work for H&R, be prepared to be away for weeks & work. If you are single you will love it. If you want to be home regularly or even every weekend, you won't be.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alandoug
I work for H&R, be prepared to be away for weeks & work. If you are single you will love it. If you want to be home regularly or even every weekend, you won't be.
hi alan
ive accepted h&r job offer....just waiting on formalities...will be based in moose jaw when im legal to work.....expecting to start training in october
Old Sep 8th 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

hi alan
ive accepted h&r job offer....just waiting on formalities...will be based in moose jaw when im legal to work.....expecting to start training in october
Thought you were going to Timeline?

I went to PEI when I first came out, which I really liked. Great place to live. In time I got a trip across to Calgary... Ontario? Bloody fantastic drive. Then I entered Manitoba, it got flat, like so flat it makes Holland look mountainous! Saskatchewan is the same. From Calgary you can see the Rockies, a couple of hours drive from Lethbridge. Some of the best scenery anywhere, great skiing in winter.

My point? If you're on your own & on the road - no prob. With a family? Western Alberta might be a nicer place for them to live?
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alandoug
Thought you were going to Timeline?

I went to PEI when I first came out, which I really liked. Great place to live. In time I got a trip across to Calgary... Ontario? Bloody fantastic drive. Then I entered Manitoba, it got flat, like so flat it makes Holland look mountainous! Saskatchewan is the same. From Calgary you can see the Rockies, a couple of hours drive from Lethbridge. Some of the best scenery anywhere, great skiing in winter.

My point? If you're on your own & on the road - no prob. With a family? Western Alberta might be a nicer place for them to live?
timeline had no lmo at the time...troy called me and asked me to reconsider my move to h&r , which i did...there lmo came through on thursday...ive informed h&r and global immigration that i didnt want to proceed with there job offer......im now moving over to saskatoon in october to start my training with timeline logistics......
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:08 am
Just Joined

timeline had no lmo at the time...troy called me and asked me to reconsider my move to h&r , which i did...there lmo came through on thursday...ive informed h&r and global immigration that i didnt want to proceed with there job offer......im now moving over to saskatoon in october to start my training with timeline logistics......
Hi mate, what did they offer that was better than h&R. Got my interview next week
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

43c a mile plus 1c for keeping truck clean which is in effect 44c a mile...hr is offering 40c..big difference i think...
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

4c per mile is diddly squat.How about benefits,paid loading/unloading,layovers,and especially with Timeline are you paid for tarping?
That said,you've made a good choice as the shifts are better and you'll be a name not a number,best of etc....
Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
4c per mile is diddly squat.How about benefits,paid loading/unloading,layovers,and especially with Timeline are you paid for tarping?
That said,you've made a good choice as the shifts are better and you'll be a name not a number,best of etc....
4 cents a mile is $120 pw based on 3000 miles pw. Before tax, flat work will pay more cpm than fridges or boxes. H&R pay $25 every pick & drop.

Did you check out Searcy if you like flat work? Would give you a like for like to compare it to?

Best of luck anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.