I've contacted dozens of companies and not one has
Replied I know things are different since
The change of lmo to lmia but I think it's time to give up
On that new life
I will give it one last try in January with the express entry
If that does not work I won't be trying again
Old Nov 19th 2014, 9:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrated

Just checking, but you have looked at other visa options? You seem to only have mentioned your truck driving, but that's unlikely to result in a visa at the moment so why not look at PNP's where no job offer is required, or a study permit, or does your spouse/partner have a job that's more in demand?

Also, you've say you've contacted dozens of companies, how have you done that? As I'm sure you're aware if you've read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki, sending emails is highly unlikely to result in anything, so have you been over there and job hunted in person or picked up the phone?

There are over 50 routes to a visa for Canada, if you've looked at all of them then fair enough, but don't give up just yet if you haven't!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 19th 2014 at 9:54 am.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

If you're prepared to give up already then maybe Canada isn't for you . To make the move work you really have to want it to otherwise you'll be bailing at every hurdle , and believe me between where you are now and becoming a resident of Canada there are lots of them .
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

It is true that now is not easiest time to come to Canada. In 2006 there was a welcome mat for long-haul truck-drivers when compared to the way things are in 2014. But the country still needs more truck-drivers and they aren't going to breed a whole generation of new ones any time soon.

The pendulum will have to swing back the other way and immigration will have to become easier for drivers. After all, it wasn't drivers who caused the knee-jerk reaction that messed things up in the first place. My advice is to keep your finger on the pulse, get all your ducks in a row and be able, at the drop of a hat, to jump-in feet first when you get a chance to put your foot in the door.

Almost all the British drivers that I know who have recently come to Canada have found jobs by coming over on recce trips. Turning-up at haulage company in person; when they have a string of driverless trucks parked against the fence, will always get you an interview, a tour of the premises and a whole load of forms to fill in. Lots of driving jobs are being filled by East Europeans and Asians but transport companies do prefer drivers who have English as a first language; so Brits do have a trump card there.

Any way; Winter time is not the best time to come over. It's an ice-covered negative-camber learning curve. But best of luck for the spring.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

The trucking companies have been telling the government for years that there will be even more of a shortage of drivers in the next few years due to drivers leaving thru retirement .So unless the companies vastly improve the wages and conditions (which is a foreign idea to them) I cant see where all these new drivers are coming from unless its foreign drivers.You will just have to play the waiting game and a recce trip is a very good way of securing a visa and job,I did a recce trip.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Jimmyb1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

stay strong. we've been trying for 8 months now. many companies want to hire but they can't NEVER GIVE UP.......
Sended 400+ emails to different companies and found 3 who are willing to hire me and they got the LMIA. so it's decission time for us now east or west LOL.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimmyb1978
stay strong. we've been trying for 8 months now. many companies want to hire but they can't NEVER GIVE UP.......
Sended 400+ emails to different companies and found 3 who are willing to hire me and they got the LMIA. so it's decission time for us now east or west LOL.

Hi Jimmy seeur inbox.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

darrenreeves is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the job offers I will try express
Entry in January the companies
That have offered you work are they
Looking for more drivers
Old Dec 1st 2014, 2:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrenreeves
Good luck with the job offers I will try express
Entry in January the companies
That have offered you work are they
Looking for more drivers
Express Entry is unlikely to make any difference, as trucking isn't a skilled job, so you wouldn't qualify as a Skilled Worker etc, and you'll still need a LMIA or PNP nomination to work and be eligible for EE.

As above, how have you been job hunting?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that Schroeder Freight who operate from a base just south of Winnipeg are to have some LMIAs in the New Year. But only if someone on their staff can work out how to apply for them. They are not the best payers and have a lot of old worn out units but it could be a foot in the door; especially for a single person who could get by on a smaller pay-check. They have a lot of European and Israeli drivers at the moment but I know their despatchers prefer people who have English as a first language.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lou
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Schroeder have always got a "we are hiring" sign up.Checked their website,yeah they dont pay too good but their yard is close to the border! If they get LMIAs go for it because looks like the twp for drivers are scarce .
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep will go for mostly anything at this point, I think if trucking companies are going to start getting lmias it will be in janurRy fingers crossed big time!
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou Skannon
I have heard that Schroeder Freight who operate from a base just south of Winnipeg are to have some LMIAs in the New Year. But only if someone on their staff can work out how to apply for them. They are not the best payers and have a lot of old worn out units but it could be a foot in the door; especially for a single person who could get by on a smaller pay-check. They have a lot of European and Israeli drivers at the moment but I know their despatchers prefer people who have English as a first language.
The problem is with these Co's that presently have a LOT of Europeans or TFW's from anywhere is, the chances are they won't be getting anymore LMIA's anytime soon because of the 10% limit within a couple of years.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Schroeder have always got a "we are hiring" sign up.Checked their website,yeah they dont pay too good but their yard is close to the border! If they get LMIAs go for it because looks like the twp for drivers are scarce .
That "we are hiring sign",Its' one full side of a 53ft trailer,Are they making a point that they need driver's.

On the highway from Emerson to Winnipeg there Driver's wanted is the third one in about 70 mile's!!!!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.