Edge Transport

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edge Transport

Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
Hi guys,yeh regarding the traiter,the hill was nothing,a yanke truck was 20 ft in front of me,we were approaching a stop sign,i was in first gear the engine was slowing the truck
This would also give the same effect as the jake,it didnt feel right,i looked in the mirror,and the empty trailer was side on, An empty trialor meanders far more easily than a loaded one, a snow rut or the camber on the road could stear your trailor of linemy jake/retarder wasnt on,as we all know its not a good idea to use in such bad condtions.this week has been a flippin nightmare,last sunday i stopped in fargo,on Monday i dropped a load in sioux falls then back upto fargo,i picked up a load of small pipes,it had to be tarped,i have never done that,at 1615hrs i started,within 25 minutes 1.5 foot of god dam snow fell,50mph wind,im on top hanging on for my life,the front tarp went for a burton.i lost my teddy bear:curse:,went to the office,"thats it ive had enough" next time try putting a couple of staps on the load and then drive into a more shelterd spot,away from the wind,,if poss!!!!the customer says,wots up,i tell im to go outside,F***ing hell he says,i tried for 4 flippin hours,i binned it till tuesday,that load went to abbottsford,BC,yeh man the cokahalla-spelling,Gremmie you are spoilt the scenery is superb,once tipped at abbotsford,i dropped into Vancouver,2 hours to do 30 miles,i left Vancouver on friday,stopped in Golden til saturday,then got back to saskatoon on Sat night,knackered.My truck is in the workshops,im in no rush to get back out.In the last 2 weeks i have 2 days off.The only thing i dont like at the moment is TARPING,i hate it!!.i look forward to your advice.Gremmie are you living in Kamloops.
Ive moved to manitoba,,i enjoy my job much better now,driving fridges and dry vans,,,tankers wern't my thing
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Good evenig to you gremmie,all this trailer brake stuff,i have never used this gear before,i have taken on board the comments mentioned,would it be an idea to slighty apply the trailer brake as well,from what happened i am well aware now,i do learn,i feel it was a cheap way of finding out,can you imagine if a car or even pedestrians were on the side.as i mentioned i was hardly moving.I stopped at a scale around the corner,i was chatting to the operator there,ref the incident,he said it happens all the time there,that did cheer me up a little,though i would still like to know what i done wrong.
Applying the trailor brake is a bit dodgy!!!! but should the trailor step out,be very very gentle with the trailor brake,not the foot valve, just the trailor hand valve. The effect is that she pulls her self straight-er.????

Thank god no one was on the pavement eh
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:34 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Applying the trailor brake is a bit dodgy!!!! but should the trailor step out,be very very gentle with the trailor brake,not the foot valve, just the trailor hand valve. The effect is that she pulls her self straight-er.????

Thank god no one was on the pavement eh
From what the dude with the technicoloured coat was saying, he had an empty trailer, there was snow on the ground, he was braking downhill and his trailer slid onto the footpath (not using 'pavement' as that means the road in Canada).
I'd imagine his trailer slid out because his trailer wheels were locked. If that's the case, pulling the trailer brake wont help because the wheels are locked anyway. The only way to get the trailer back is to let the brakes off, which isn't a good idea when you're 20 feet behind another truck. Presumably there was a camber too.
If you ever think there's a real danger of this happening, just throw snow chains on one of your trailer wheels. Snow chains aren't really that hard to put on once you've done it a couple of times and it's 5 minutes well spent if it saves your life, or that of someone on the footpath.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koogar
From what the dude with the technicoloured coat was saying, he had an empty trailer, there was snow on the ground, he was braking downhill and his trailer slid onto the footpath (not using 'pavement' as that means the road in Canada).
I'd imagine his trailer slid out because his trailer wheels were locked. If that's the case, pulling the trailer brake wont help because the wheels are locked anyway. The only way to get the trailer back is to let the brakes off, which isn't a good idea when you're 20 feet behind another truck. Presumably there was a camber too.
If you ever think there's a real danger of this happening, just throw snow chains on one of your trailer wheels. Snow chains aren't really that hard to put on once you've done it a couple of times and it's 5 minutes well spent if it saves your life, or that of someone on the footpath.
Once the trailor had stepped out,applying only the trailor brake and not the foot valve can then help to get the trailor back,it's pretty much a last resort thing tho..
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:12 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Once the trailor had stepped out,applying only the trailor brake and not the foot valve can then help to get the trailor back,it's pretty much a last resort thing tho..
Not if the trailer wheels are already locked, which is presumably why it slid onto the footpath/into the wall in the first place.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:50 am
Just Joined

billy ray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey have any of you guys seen or heard any thing from 2royalgreenjackets,wasn't he going to SK and Edge trans ??? Would be nice to know whats happend to him, did he even come over ???
Hello Lads I am new to this site, not too sure how it works yet?.. and am trying to get a job out there with a good comapny who don't take the micheal out you and doesn't cost the earth to get there to work for them .... Please Help

Oh and was wondering if that Roya Green Jacket lad was up at WainWright a few years back as was in the forces myself and went Rock Climbing in the rockies with a bunch of them including a big Maorie lad nemed Tooa not sure how he spelt it .. there was also a Punchie Full Screw called Bob something

all the best

happy days
Colin
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Ive moved to manitoba,,i enjoy my job much better now,driving fridges and dry vans,,,tankers wern't my thing
Well i hope this new avenue you have ventured down works for you.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by billy ray
Hello Lads I am new to this site, not too sure how it works yet?.. and am trying to get a job out there with a good comapny who don't take the micheal out you and doesn't cost the earth to get there to work for them .... Please Help

Oh and was wondering if that Roya Green Jacket lad was up at WainWright a few years back as was in the forces myself and went Rock Climbing in the rockies with a bunch of them including a big Maorie lad nemed Tooa not sure how he spelt it .. there was also a Punchie Full Screw called Bob something

all the best

happy days
Colin
Hi there colin,yes i was in Wainwrght a few years ago,ref Bob,i know Bob,his bark is worse than his bite,he was funny guy,dry sense of humour,ref the Maorie guy,if he is the 1 im thinking of i know his cousins,Tony and Toke.my brother will know more of Tooa, i work for triangle,no probs with them,the staff are great,i have had my ups and downs,tarps flying off,hitting walls,and some others,its best not to say on here as we have some very odd balls reading on this site,keep that to yourself colin.i am happy here,6 weeks into the job,i cannot say anything bad,sling your questions to me,if i cant answer them i shall find out for you.i paid a total of 65-work permit,70-medical,and a few pounds here and there,i can help you with the paperwork.Just ask. cheers Colin.Phil
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:54 am
Whatacomplete Member

Hi there colin,yes i was in Wainwrght a few years ago,ref Bob,i know Bob,his bark is worse than his bite,he was funny guy,dry sense of humour,ref the Maorie guy,if he is the 1 im thinking of i know his cousins,Tony and Toke.my brother will know more of Tooa, i work for triangle,no probs with them,the staff are great,i have had my ups and downs,tarps flying off,hitting walls,and some others,its best not to say on here as we have some very odd balls reading on this site,keep that to yourself colin.i am happy here,6 weeks into the job,i cannot say anything bad,sling your questions to me,if i cant answer them i shall find out for you.i paid a total of 65-work permit,70-medical,and a few pounds here and there,i can help you with the paperwork.Just ask. cheers Colin.Phil
Odd balls Phil?
I promise not to tell Erwin what you get up to
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Odd balls Phil?
I promise not to tell Erwin what you get up to
i was asking Kevin if he knows you,also one of the guys Steve,he frightened me i was going out on a training trip with him,my first thoughts were,cowboy bots,blue jeans,he pulls out a banana,and says im not eating this.i nearly died,i spoke to {Kevin Newman i think.}well as per norm the joke was on me.

any way last week i was in Calgary,i had a prob with my gears,the fitter says "take your truck to Kindersley" so i went to Kindersley,im looking all over the place,i stop at a garage and ask,no joy, i ring up the workshops,i ask them "where about are you" they tell me,i say "im in kindersley,no im in Kindersley,the Town." they meant Kindersley yard in Calgary,now then Koogs how the hell am i suposed to know that. i can guarantee you now,evey trip i do something goes pearshaped.yeh its funny,the staff laughed,still the job is ok.i havebeen looking out for erwin,cant find him,im off to idaho on saturday,doing coveralls.im looking forward to it.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:41 am
Whatacomplete Member

i was asking Kevin if he knows you,also one of the guys Steve,he frightened me i was going out on a training trip with him,my first thoughts were,cowboy bots,blue jeans,he pulls out a banana,and says im not eating this.i nearly died,i spoke to {Kevin Newman i think.}well as per norm the joke was on me.

any way last week i was in Calgary,i had a prob with my gears,the fitter says "take your truck to Kindersley" so i went to Kindersley,im looking all over the place,i stop at a garage and ask,no joy, i ring up the workshops,i ask them "where about are you" they tell me,i say "im in kindersley,no im in Kindersley,the Town." they meant Kindersley yard in Calgary,now then Koogs how the hell am i suposed to know that. i can guarantee you now,evey trip i do something goes pearshaped.yeh its funny,the staff laughed,still the job is ok.i havebeen looking out for erwin,cant find him,im off to idaho on saturday,doing coveralls.im looking forward to it.
Well, you were only 4 and a half hours away mate....lol.
If you ever need to go to Kindersleys yard in Calgary, go South on Deerfoot (highway 2), come off onto Barlow Trail South, straight through the lights at the top of the ramp, past the Roadking truck stop and keep going South until you hit Glenmore Trail. Turn Left onto Glenmore and then right at the next lights (Manchester Auto Parts on the corner). Through the first set of lights and Kindersleys yard is on the left just before the railway tracks. The workshop there is a company called 'Larry J Fleet'. I know some of the Edge drivers drop trailers in that yard sometimes, so it might be handy to know for you. There is a quicker way is you're coming from the East on TCH1, along 1a and down 52nd st, but the first one is easier until you know your way around Calgary.
Sweetgrass is ok, if you've never crossed there before. Through the radiation arch and into the inspection shed usually. I used to stop at the flying 'j' at Great Falls (120 miles south of the border) if I had enough time left. If not, I'd stop at the Town Pump in Shelby (around 35 miles South of Sweetgrass). If you've already been down there, sorry for telling you what you already know.
Where you going in Idaho?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Well, you were only 4 and a half hours away mate....lol.
If you ever need to go to Kindersleys yard in Calgary, go South on Deerfoot (highway 2), come off onto Barlow Trail South, straight through the lights at the top of the ramp, past the Roadking truck stop and keep going South until you hit Glenmore Trail. Turn Left onto Glenmore and then right at the next lights (Manchester Auto Parts on the corner). Through the first set of lights and Kindersleys yard is on the left just before the railway tracks. The workshop there is a company called 'Larry J Fleet'. I know some of the Edge drivers drop trailers in that yard sometimes, so it might be handy to know for you. There is a quicker way is you're coming from the East on TCH1, along 1a and down 52nd st, but the first one is easier until you know your way around Calgary.
Sweetgrass is ok, if you've never crossed there before. Through the radiation arch and into the inspection shed usually. I used to stop at the flying 'j' at Great Falls (120 miles south of the border) if I had enough time left. If not, I'd stop at the Town Pump in Shelby (around 35 miles South of Sweetgrass). If you've already been down there, sorry for telling you what you already know.
Where you going in Idaho?
Hi Koogs,we are off to Pauls,Idaho.10 trucks off carrying Coveralls,we done the job today,10 Dec,1 truck broke down at Boulder,we went on.Now i am at the J in Ogden,Utah,i have a pick-up at wells cargo {2 x Trailers} 1741 west,{Help} i Will call the customer tomorrow.Im then taking that upto Nisky,Sparrow Drive.

Thanx for your directions,i got the truck into our yard at saskatoon.

Im still doing OK with the job,its just the Tarping im not looking forward to,dont get me wrong,im OK to do it,its the 15 foot in the air with no harness on,tarping slippery pipes,im very health and safety,im here to do the job,will the bosses be expecting me to take dangerous risks.!!

I have met up wth some decent guys,all from the lackies group-EDGE.Do you know TIM, top guy. he used to be Wincanton,over Bristol way.

Your right Koogs,it is very slippery,we were running along the 86 toward Burley last night,this Fed ex, went hurtling past,i couldnt see a thing,the snow he kicked up.i lost the road and just guessed,i braked,but had to be careful as one of our trucks was behind me.

Coming into a scale tonight south of Heyburn on the 84,the ice,i tried to brake,i had nothing,the slip road to the scale is so short,anyway i kept my trailer in line,experienced driver!!

Koogs i dont know why you dont come back and give it a go.Yeh right!your to wrapped up with your slippers on.Thanx for your advice,and your number,i promise not to leave it on toilet doors.With my role im learning all the time,odds are i will most probably call you. Cheers.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Just got back today,to find out that the boss has pre loaded our one and only flat deck for Florida for me
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Just got back today,to find out that the boss has pre loaded our one and only flat deck for Florida for me
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mickey Mouse for Crimbo.. you just wanted an excuse to go see him didn't you.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:01 am
Just Joined

HappyHaitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evenig to you gremmie,all this trailer brake stuff,i have never used this gear before,i have taken on board the comments mentioned,would it be an idea to slighty apply the trailer brake as well,from what happened i am well aware now,i do learn,i feel it was a cheap way of finding out,can you imagine if a car or even pedestrians were on the side.as i mentioned i was hardly moving.I stopped at a scale around the corner,i was chatting to the operator there,ref the incident,he said it happens all the time there,that did cheer me up a little,though i would still like to know what i done wrong.
Hi 2RGJ, I think one of my ex-army buddies may be working for Triangle with you. Terry Horsfall is his name. Any ideas?
I'm just about to go out to work for Challenger in Cambridge Ontario. Had a job offered with Yanke, but the latitude difference may have been a deciding factor!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.