Edge Transport

Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Edge Transport

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Now this wasn't so painful was it 2RGJ looked at the Triangle website,not much info on that tho What truck do you get,and are you driving team
In all honesty i havent seen their website. Im hinting i would like the Volvo,its a new one,though Steve{trainer} is saying i may get a Freightliner,its lovely,massive inside,i still want a Volvo.the Triangle trucks i have seen are in great condition,Steve has told me "with Triangle you get to pick up extra little loads where the first is $25",then the next ones are $100 each time,some drivers dont want that as they see it as multi drop work,so Steve picks up the extra work and earns more cash.i guess its the same with Edge,though its each to their own.i have spent over an hour on these threads,i should have gone down the gym.your right its not too painfull.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:47 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
In all honesty i havent seen their website. Im hinting i would like the Volvo,its a new one,though Steve{trainer} is saying i may get a Freightliner,its lovely,massive inside,i still want a Volvo.the Triangle trucks i have seen are in great condition,Steve has told me "with Triangle you get to pick up extra little loads where the first is $25",then the next ones are $100 each time,some drivers dont want that as they see it as multi drop work,so Steve picks up the extra work and earns more cash.i guess its the same with Edge,though its each to their own.i have spent over an hour on these threads,i should have gone down the gym.your right its not too painfull.
Sounds great. Good luck
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Well 4 weeks into the job with Triangle,{part of Edge}superb,im on my first trip on my own,i went to Mountain Iron,Minnisota,i dropped off a load of Plastic pipes,then headed north to Ontario,loaded up 3 huge wheels a van and a little welding truck,that is going to Cranbrook in BC.no rushing about,the pay is 41cents a mile,you can earn a good wage if you want,the company expect you to hit 12000 miles a month,that is a doddle,i went on a trip with another driver last week,we went to Broken Bow OKlahoma,then upto Sapulpa near Tulsa then back to Saskatoon,i think that was near to 3000 miles in 4 days.the driver i was out with then took a job down to Douglas in Arizona.We also get paid for loading/unloading,tarping and picking up extra loads,the snow has arrived,it started on Sunday,still the snow is better than rain.So i am enjoying the job immensly,no worries,no regrets. Gremmie how is it going with Westcan,3 drivers have applied fo work with Edge,How is KB33 doing.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

I am so glad your enjoying life in Canada - All the very best for the future.

Take Care and Drive Safe

Karla x x x
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:08 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Good news, RGJ.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

I am now back in Saskatoon,i am completely chinned,i went from minnesota to Ontario to BC to Sendre near Red Deer back to Saskatoon,On sunday im off to Sioux Falls south Dakota,in Ontario i had an empty flat bed trailer,i was doing no more than 4 MPH,down the smallest of hills,upon looking in my right side mirror,my trailer was side on,hit a wall and bounced back onto the road.
I almost **** myself,my excuse is snow,stacks of it.

Karla whats happening,i remember you putting Canada on hold,if you need any info please ask. Did you attend an interview with seimans some time ago.i think i read one of your threads.apologies if im wrong.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I am now back in Saskatoon,i am completely chinned,i went from minnesota to Ontario to BC to Sendre near Red Deer back to Saskatoon,On sunday im off to Sioux Falls south Dakota,in Ontario i had an empty flat bed trailer,i was doing no more than 4 MPH,down the smallest of hills,upon looking in my right side mirror,my trailer was side on,hit a wall and bounced back onto the road.I almost **** myself,my excuse is snow,stacks of it.

Karla whats happening,i remember you putting Canada on hold,if you need any info please ask. Did you attend an interview with seimans some time ago.i think i read one of your threads.apologies if im wrong.
Turn off the Jake brake
Old Nov 26th 2007, 2:48 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Turn off the Jake brake
Why would the jake lock the trailer up?
Although, it is very good advice. Saw a few trucks last winter runnin down hill on jakes. Crazy people.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I think he probably meant the Jake locked the drive wheels, causin the trailer to break free. So turn it off, or use it in stages ''carefully'' lol
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:02 pm
Whatacomplete Member

But the man with the green coat said he had an empty flat trailer. I can't see anyone running down a hill on jakes with an empty trailer on ice. And even if someone did, they wouldn't lose the back of the trailer, they'd lose the back of the tractor. I doubt he'd need to look in the mirror to know his tractor was in the wall.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

This requires an explaination from the man himself
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Why would the jake lock the trailer up?
Although, it is very good advice. Saw a few trucks last winter runnin down hill on jakes. Crazy people.
It can in some cases cause the trailor to "Step out" but seldom,as you say the truck would tuck in before the trailor would go. But as he was only doing 4mph the jake wouldn't cut in any way my original statement wasn't ment as a diagnoses of his accident it was just a tip. Should he happen to suffer a similar accident he could try very lightly pulling the trailor brake,this should pull the way ward trailor back in line.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,yeh regarding the traiter,the hill was nothing,a yanke truck was 20 ft in front of me,we were approaching a stop sign,i was in first gear the engine was slowing the truck,it didnt feel right,i looked in the mirror,and the empty trailer was side on,my jake/retarder wasnt on,as we all know its not a good idea to use in such bad condtions.this week has been a flippin nightmare,last sunday i stopped in fargo,on Monday i dropped a load in sioux falls then back upto fargo,i picked up a load of small pipes,it had to be tarped,i have never done that,at 1615hrs i started,within 25 minutes 1.5 foot of god dam snow fell,50mph wind,im on top hanging on for my life,the front tarp went for a burton.i lost my teddy bear:curse:,went to the office,"thats it ive had enough" the customer says,wots up,i tell im to go outside,F***ing hell he says,i tried for 4 flippin hours,i binned it till tuesday,that load went to abbottsford,BC,yeh man the cokahalla-spelling,Gremmie you are spoilt the scenery is superb,once tipped at abbotsford,i dropped into Vancouver,2 hours to do 30 miles,i left Vancouver on friday,stopped in Golden til saturday,then got back to saskatoon on Sat night,knackered.My truck is in the workshops,im in no rush to get back out.In the last 2 weeks i have 2 days off.The only thing i dont like at the moment is TARPING,i hate it!!.i look forward to your advice.Gremmie are you living in Kamloops.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

It can in some cases cause the trailor to "Step out" but seldom,as you say the truck would tuck in before the trailor would go. But as he was only doing 4mph the jake wouldn't cut in any way my original statement wasn't ment as a diagnoses of his accident it was just a tip. Should he happen to suffer a similar accident he could try very lightly pulling the trailor brake,this should pull the way ward trailor back in line.
Good evenig to you gremmie,all this trailer brake stuff,i have never used this gear before,i have taken on board the comments mentioned,would it be an idea to slighty apply the trailer brake as well,from what happened i am well aware now,i do learn,i feel it was a cheap way of finding out,can you imagine if a car or even pedestrians were on the side.as i mentioned i was hardly moving.I stopped at a scale around the corner,i was chatting to the operator there,ref the incident,he said it happens all the time there,that did cheer me up a little,though i would still like to know what i done wrong.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Good evenig to you gremmie,all this trailer brake stuff,i have never used this gear before,i have taken on board the comments mentioned,would it be an idea to slighty apply the trailer brake as well,from what happened i am well aware now,i do learn,i feel it was a cheap way of finding out,can you imagine if a car or even pedestrians were on the side.as i mentioned i was hardly moving.I stopped at a scale around the corner,i was chatting to the operator there,ref the incident,he said it happens all the time there,that did cheer me up a little,though i would still like to know what i done wrong.
You done nothing wrong,
your trailer was braking better than your truck thats all,its wheels probably locked slightly and thats why it steped out of line,no big drama.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.