Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Eco Downturn has even halted my new position - Bummer...

Eco Downturn has even halted my new position - Bummer...

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Eco Downturn has even halted my new position - Bummer...

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
So next time you ask for advice or tips regarding coming to Canada, would you not be happier knowing the info came from a reliable source ?????

Rule number 1 of fight club, dont follow advice down to a T about emigrating from someone, you dont know, on a public disscussion forum !! come on gremmie, even i know that

What i mean is, whats it to any of you if he is acctually a liar?! why do you care so much. I dont?! If hes lying, then hes got the guilt to live with himself...

But i dont see any reason he'd have to lie.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:34 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

As ive said before, if he proves me wrong ill eat as much humble pie as he can dish out,,Oh and half the other peeps on here think he,s BSing, from the PMs ive recieved...
and none of the people who PM'ed you know any more about him than me or you know, do they. All speculation.
Maybe he is lying, I don't know and neither does anyone else on here, but if you call someone a liar everytime they don't do something the way we think it should be done, people will stop telling each other about what's going on for fear of being accused of bullsh***ing.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Rule number 1 of fight club, dont follow advice down to a T about emigrating from someone, you dont know, on a public disscussion forum !! come on gremmie, even i know that

What i mean is, whats it to any of you if he is acctually a liar?! why do you care so much. I dont?! If hes lying, then hes got the guilt to live with himself...

But i dont see any reason he'd have to lie.
hang on curt

I have read many posts by him having a real pop at other peoples ratioale for their decisions, and he is not even out there doing it!!!

And he does not even keep it to this forum.

When the guy has done it in that country, he/she then has the right to give a factual answer to someone elses opinion, thats fair.

But his responses are nearly always quite aggressive and demeaning... can you blameothers for reacting that way.. Ok maybe not aggressive but def far too assertive....
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scooby109
hang on curt

I have read many posts by him having a real pop at other peoples ratioale for their decisions, and he is not even out there doing it!!!

And he does not even keep it to this forum.

When the guy has done it in that country, he/she then has the right to give a factual answer to someone elses opinion, thats fair.

But his responses are nearly always quite aggressive and demeaning... can you blameothers for reacting that way.. Ok maybe not aggressive but def far too assertive....
Koogar

I do agree with you

But we all have to realise that when we post a reply, what we write may not be read they way we intend,,, its not the same as a verbal conversation.

So maybe he needs to learn how to converse in text speak..

Liars are always hung by their own petard in the end,,, is he one??? No idea but polite opinions welcomed.. strident one are always feared
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:42 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scooby109
Koogar

I do agree with you

But we all have to realise that when we post a reply, what we write may not be read they way we intend,,, its not the same as a verbal conversation.

So maybe he needs to learn how to converse in text speak..
Maybe so Scooby.
All I'm trying to say is that we don't want this place to turn into a name calling kangaroo court where we decide who's lying and who isn't.
If that happens, people will stop coming on here and none of the new guys will learn anything.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by koogar
Maybe so Scooby.
All I'm trying to say is that we don't want this place to turn into a name calling kangaroo court where we decide who's lying and who isn't.
If that happens, people will stop coming on here and none of the new guys will learn anything.
point well and truly taken....

see a previous thread of mine

treat as we want to be treated etc

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WE ALL WERE A NEWBIE ONCE... Our or rather your advice and counsel will be valued if given without judgement
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Maybe so Scooby.
I agree whole heartidly koogs, but read all he,s written,nothing fits..
And arent the newbies entitled to factual info,the like of which i gleened from your reports 2 years ago,,
You,ve read just as many accounts of immigration succes and failure stories on BE as i have, do any bear any resemblence to BW,s account, " Oh bummer jobs fallen through" "stuffs in a container, i,ll pick it up when i,m on holiday"
" kept my UK job open incase i didnt emigrate"
But what the hey,just call me sceptical
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:21 pm
Whatacomplete Member

I agree whole heartidly koogs, but read all he,s written,nothing fits..
And arent the newbies entitled to factual info,the like of which i gleened from your reports 2 years ago,,
You,ve read just as many accounts of immigration succes and failure stories on BE as i have, do any bear any resemblence to BW,s account, " Oh bummer jobs fallen through" "stuffs in a container, i,ll pick it up when i,m on holiday"
" kept my UK job open incase i didnt emigrate"
But what the hey,just call me sceptical
I understand what you're saying Graham and, as I've said, I don't know either way. I guess I'll just believe him unless I learn otherwise.
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not sticking up for BW. He's an adult and I'm sure he can give as good as he gets.
What bothered me was, think about it from a newbie view, first time visiting the forum, they get onto the trucking forum and just click on the first thread at the top. They're all excited about the possibility of starting a new life in Canada and the first thing they read is a bunch of people they don't know knocking the verbal sh*t out of someone else they don't know.
Now, it wouldn't bother me and I'd probably try to work out what was going on and join in, but something as simple as that could be all it takes to scare them off of asking a question and we'd never even know they'd been there.
You and me are in the same position now as far as this forum goes. I come on here because I enjoy the banter and see if I can help some people out with my (now somewhat rusty) knowledge of truck driving in Canada. It really wouldn't change my life or yours if this thing just disappeared over night. But to guys who are just starting to look at the idea of Canada, what they first read here (even though it shouldn't) might just sway them one way or another.
I can be just as much (if not more) of a tit as the next bloke, posting pictures of men in lingurie giving it to 4x4s etc, and I wasn't having a go at you directly Gremmie, but it just seems that we can get a bit carried away sometimes, expecting everyone reading what we write to already know we're just a bunch of gobby pricks, and I just wouldn't want us to inadvertantly change someone's mind about Canada before we've even met them, so to speak.
Anyway, I'll put me soapbox away now and you can all go back to calling eachother t*ats.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats it Koogs
Get it off your chest!
I can appreciate what you say and I remember when I first posted on here and felt that I was getting a negitive vibe. However I have always tried to introduce myself to all newbies and made them feel as open as the forum should be. Treat others as you expect to be treated my mom says (usually after a clip around the lug!)
I constantly check to see who is on and view the ones I do not recognize. I believe the more posters on here the better this forum becomes.
Everyone has their view and that has to be appreciated right or wrong in others eyes!
Oh! I went off on one their aye!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Just goes to show how much notice I take ... I thought he was already in Canada

Anyway Koogs who you calling a Tw@t ...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:58 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by kb33
Anyway Koogs who you calling a Tw@t ...
I started a thread on the subject last month.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584078
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats noted
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:31 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by dinger24
Thats noted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.