Driver Training

Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ardara is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Driver Training

Hi all
I have been researching class 1 training companies across Canada and I am looking for some advice.

I have found 3 week courses for about $5000 at Donovans in Edmonton and a 12 week course at Castlegar MTI for about $14000.

The latter have said I will definately secure a job on completion of the course .

They have also stated that no-one will employ me to drive a truck if I pass my test in a short time with another company because of my lack of experience.

I am not expecting to find a job driving class 1 trucks from the start, I am perfectly willing to drive smaller trucks to gain experience and confidence.

What do you think
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driver Training

Originally Posted by Ardara
Hi all
I have been researching class 1 training companies across Canada and I am looking for some advice.

I have found 3 week courses for about $5000 at Donovans in Edmonton and a 12 week course at Castlegar MTI for about $14000.

The latter have said I will definately secure a job on completion of the course .

They have also stated that no-one will employ me to drive a truck if I pass my test in a short time with another company because of my lack of experience.

I am not expecting to find a job driving class 1 trucks from the start, I am perfectly willing to drive smaller trucks to gain experience and confidence.

What do you think
Your info is a bit skant to be able to help.
What truck driving expeirence do you have to date, where, with what and when. How old are you, where do you intend to live in canada..
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

And if that was no help look at the answers we gave you last time you asked last year http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575597
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

My Canadian Class One cost $1900 and took 2 weeks

But they dont teach you how to reverse (back up ) Super B's
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how it is in Canada but down here even after you take your test and pass you still have to have written proof of at least 2 years experience driving the same class of vehicle before they will employ you.

$5K for a driving course is a total rip off by the way

Why don't you just find a job driving small trucks (F350's or similar) the company may have some larger vehicles and be willing to put you through a test for larger vehicles after some time.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
My Canadian Class One cost $1900 and took 2 weeks

But they dont teach you how to reverse (back up ) Super B's
Thanks for the answer, would you mind telling me the company you used?

What is a superB and have you mastered the reversing yet?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I don't know how it is in Canada but down here even after you take your test and pass you still have to have written proof of at least 2 years experience driving the same class of vehicle before they will employ you.

$5K for a driving course is a total rip off by the way

Why don't you just find a job driving small trucks (F350's or similar) the company may have some larger vehicles and be willing to put you through a test for larger vehicles after some time.
Thanks for the answer,

I will think about your advice and look into driving small trucks and working my way up to class1's before I spend a lot of money on training.

I appreciate the insight of professionals like yourself and kb33
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

I appreciate the insight of professionals like yourself and kb33
Ha Ha LMAO

No mention of Gremmie

Amature
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Thanks for the answer, would you mind telling me the company you used?

What is a superB and have you mastered the reversing yet?
http://www.ccatruckdrivertraining.com/

Erm no I haven't ....

This is a Super B

Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Ha Ha LMAO

No mention of Gremmie

Amature
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
Dave ... I dont understand why would there be a mention of Gremmie ?

Old Feb 28th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Dave ... I dont understand why would there be a mention of Gremmie ?

Awww and poor Gremmie can't even defend himself as he is having slices of meat carved off him!!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Awww and poor Gremmie can't even defend himself as he is having slices of meat carved off him!!
IS HE!!

I'm sure when he's back on here we will suffer for our jovial comments...he'll make sure of it.

Bit of a harsh Honeymoon that tho aint it....
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
IS HE!!

I'm sure when he's back on here we will suffer for our jovial comments...he'll make sure of it.

Bit of a harsh Honeymoon that tho aint it....
Yeah go easy on the old lad .. He's in Hospital for 3 days having skin grafts Talk about .."Dont know your ar$e from your elbow "

Seriously mate hope all goes well or as done
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:19 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Yeah go easy on the old lad .. He's in Hospital for 3 days having skin grafts Talk about .."Dont know your ar$e from your elbow "

Seriously mate hope all goes well or as done
ooohhhh kb thats not nice!!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Geordielass
ooohhhh kb thats not nice!!

You changed your username ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.