Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Class 1 License Exchange AB to NS

Class 1 License Exchange AB to NS

Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

kduk2191 will become famous soon enough
Default Class 1 License Exchange AB to NS

Does anyone know, once you've got your class 1 ticket can you exchange it between provinces. I've searched the provincial sites, only seems to cover car licenses.
I want to live in Nova Scotia but the training is a 12 week program. Seems a tadge excessive. I would prefer a 4-6 week course i've found in Alberta.
Not much point if you can't swap the license though.
Cheers
kduk
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Class 1 License Exchange AB to NS

Originally Posted by kduk2191
Does anyone know, once you've got your class 1 ticket can you exchange it between provinces. I've searched the provincial sites, only seems to cover car licenses.
I want to live in Nova Scotia but the training is a 12 week program. Seems a tadge excessive. I would prefer a 4-6 week course i've found in Alberta.
Cheers
kduk
Question where do you live now and do you hold an Alberta Class 1.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Cheers
kduk
Hi

Yes you can but they may make you have another medical, I have just swaped mine from a saskatchawan to Alberta and had to have another medical $150.00. Even if you have just had a medical you will have to have another one in the new province you move to.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply's.
I am currently in Devon,UK. We are moving in early Mar10. I don't have my AB class 1. I don't won't to do the 12week course in NS to get the license, I think it's too long. CCA in AB was recommended in one of my forum searches, they offer a 4-6 week course.
Cheers
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply's.
I am currently in Devon,UK. We are moving in early Mar10. I don't have my AB class 1. I don't won't to do the 12week course in NS to get the license, I think it's too long. CCA in AB was recommended in one of my forum searches, they offer a 4-6 week course.
Cheers
Do you have an English class 1 then
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

No english Class 3