Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Passed the airbrake test today

Passed the airbrake test today

Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

taff trucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passed the airbrake test today

Thats the airbrake test out of the way, now to concentrate on the road test.

My only observation on the test was about 5 questions that were not specific to the answers. Spoke to the guys at the test centre and they agreed and told me there is a new test paper due out anytime now using actual wording from the Manual to eliminate the confusion.
I like to think I am a fairly intelligent person and have a good understanding of english and if I could not interpret the questions what chance does that give our european counterparts?

Off now to treat myself to something nice to eat

Happy Taffy
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passed the airbrake test today

Originally Posted by taff trucker
Thats the airbrake test out of the way, now to concentrate on the road test.

My only observation on the test was about 5 questions that were not specific to the answers. Spoke to the guys at the test centre and they agreed and told me there is a new test paper due out anytime now using actual wording from the Manual to eliminate the confusion.
I like to think I am a fairly intelligent person and have a good understanding of english and if I could not interpret the questions what chance does that give our european counterparts?

Off now to treat myself to something nice to eat

Happy Taffy
Good Lad well done and congrats.

Get your cell phone number to Greg and get out with him at every oppertunity what ever the time as he somtimes leaves early doors. He is a fantastic guy and if you keep asking him Q's will teach you a lot.

Ask him to tell you the "Hitting the Moose story" when he worked elsewhere.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

peterlee_flyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Good Lad well done and congrats.

Get your cell phone number to Greg and get out with him at every oppertunity what ever the time as he somtimes leaves early doors. He is a fantastic guy and if you keep asking him Q's will teach you a lot.

Ask him to tell you the "Hitting the Moose story" when he worked elsewhere.
Well done, Steve. Now the fun really begins! You'll turn green with envy when you see how easily Greg changes gear, while your fighting with the gear lever and stripping teeth from the gearbox. I've never heard the "moose" story, but the one about how he lost his finger is worth hearing!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

taff trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterlee_flyer
Well done, Steve. Now the fun really begins! You'll turn green with envy when you see how easily Greg changes gear, while your fighting with the gear lever and stripping teeth from the gearbox. I've never heard the "moose" story, but the one about how he lost his finger is worth hearing!
Thanks Guys

Firstly, Dave, how you feeling? any better, if you need anything let me know.

I will put those two questions top of my list for Monday. We were out together yesterday afternoon, Greg makes it look soooooo easy! I bet I'll show him how not to do it though!!!

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel on the road.

Steve
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by peterlee_flyer
Yeh that is quite funny forgot that one!!!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by taff trucker
Thanks Guys

Firstly, Dave, how you feeling? any better, if you need anything let me know.

I will put those two questions top of my list for Monday. We were out together yesterday afternoon, Greg makes it look soooooo easy! I bet I'll show him how not to do it though!!!

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel on the road.

Steve
Thanks for the offer of help much appreciated, the Long Haired General has things well under control but thanks anyway.

Just burning chest now everytime I cough getting wrid of all the crap but feel better day by day.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:48 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hurrah !!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yipeeeee...
Old Nov 8th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

well done another step to the open road
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well it aint exactly rocket science is it now