Canada Truck Driving

Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:05 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Truck Driving

Sorry I have to agree with Gremmie - when you emmigrate a lot of work is involved, from resaerch to planning to - well everything.

NO-ONE has it all done for them and unfortunately you are coming across as a person who wants that. (You state in your first post that there may be a company online that could "sort it all" after just an email.

First place to go would be the CIC website (not sure but I think that may be up to date )

We all had to do it, and the majority of us asked specific questions to clarify points that we didn't quite understand.

One big piece of advice "People help those who help themselves".
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadaTruck
We can get this conversation till ever - but that is not the purpose. I don't want to make you pissed off or angry... so sorry if u understood me wrong.
Ok, So I browse all the threads and I will paste what I have understand.
Your father will need to speak GOOD, not pidgeon English. I've used the links supplied on here & E mailed/phoned the companies I'm interested in.

He will need to do a recce trip to attend interviews at his/your own cost. He will need money to support himself before he starts work.

Many Eastern Europeans I meet on the road are no problem, some are a pain in the ass, many are thieves (they take all the toilet fittings from the showers in truckstops for example). The common misconception they all have is that we (the English) are rolling in money. We're not. Eastern European companies have really ****ed our international transport market by cut throat rate cutting. With many Brits already in Canada he will need a thick skin. If he has a good job already he is better off staying where he is.

I hope this is simple enough for you, although not what you wanted to hear.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Your father will need to speak GOOD, not pidgeon English. I've used the links supplied on here & E mailed/phoned the companies I'm interested in.

He will need to do a recce trip to attend interviews at his/your own cost. He will need money to support himself before he starts work.

Many Eastern Europeans I meet on the road are no problem, some are a pain in the ass, many are thieves (they take all the toilet fittings from the showers in truckstops for example). The common misconception they all have is that we (the English) are rolling in money. We're not. Eastern European companies have really ****ed our international transport market by cut throat rate cutting. With many Brits already in Canada he will need a thick skin. If he has a good job already he is better off staying where he is.

I hope this is simple enough for you, although not what you wanted to hear.
Spoken like a true Britt and rascist eastern Europeans steel the bog seats, and no britt trucker ever trashed a bar or truck stops amenities wake up pal britts are just as bad as any other,if not worse.. Eastern Euro companies screwed up the international transport market, come on pal Hungerocamion, Pekas, CSSA and god knows what they were all called,we tried blaiming them for every thing 25 years ago we were wrong
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Gremmie:
You have just shown the zero knowledge you have of European transport. I have spoken the truth from sometimes bitter experience.
Go out into your garden, dig a hole, then climb in....

"I speak my mind,if you dont like it,dont read it"

RING ANY BELLS???
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Gremmie:
You have just shown the zero knowledge you have of European transport. I have spoken the truth from sometimes bitter experience.
Go out into your garden, dig a hole, then climb in....

"I speak my mind,if you dont like it,dont read it"

RING ANY BELLS???
Why should i dig a hole You tar all East europeans with the same brush,which is rascist. ive seen more damage done by Britts than any other nationality, which ive wittnessed... Britts trashing a bar in Irun SP. Fights at customs in Aosta IT, Near riots at the Sealink shipping desk in Calais, britts arrested in marseille, the only ones that came close were the Dutch
9 times out of 10 if you were broken down the East Euro drivers would stop and help not the britts
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

lenny1197 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well hi all, go easy on me my first post!!! I have done alot of research and been reading all the post on trucking in Canada. Finally went to the Emigrate Expo in London early this year for some good advice i would say.
There a few Company's which names pop up for being good and i kinda get the processes involved and what to do. The main question really is why has no body gone owner driver, or why hasn't any body advertised to go as a double man team.
As for running my own haulage company in UK with trip ranging from deliveries to St Petersburg Russia and weekly runs to Slovakia Ive had ups and downs like most haulage contractors.
I would love to here upto date info on these company and good advice wouldn't go a miss, planning a recce in july/aug to Calgary. Cheers guys and gals
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lenny1197
Well hi all, go easy on me my first post!!! I have done alot of research and been reading all the post on trucking in Canada. Finally went to the Emigrate Expo in London early this year for some good advice i would say.
There a few Company's which names pop up for being good and i kinda get the processes involved and what to do. The main question really is why has no body gone owner driver, or why hasn't any body advertised to go as a double man team.
As for running my own haulage company in UK with trip ranging from deliveries to St Petersburg Russia and weekly runs to Slovakia Ive had ups and downs like most haulage contractors.
I would love to here upto date info on these company and good advice wouldn't go a miss, planning a recce in july/aug to Calgary. Cheers guys and gals
I know of 1 one Brit that has gone O/O since gaining PR status and he seems to be doing OK thus far. As for team driving,well its not for everybody,and bare in mind they run 24/7 here for 10-14 days or more its just non stop, no nights out to see and do something just go go go.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

LOL im not even gona click on those
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

jeffturners post has been reported as SPAM so don't quote it or click on the links upon which HE or THEY will recieve monies for.

If you just hover over the links without clicking on them the URL will show up in the bottom left of your screen showing pharmacy & drug sites.

Tosser must think were stooopid

Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
jeffturners post has been reported as SPAM so don't quote it or click on the links upon which HE or THEY will recieve monies for.

If you just hover over the links without clicking on them the URL will show up in the bottom left of your screen showing pharmacy & drug sites.

Its been zapped into oblivion, as has the poster
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dang what have we missed, explain
Old Mar 27th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Dang what have we missed, explain
Nothing mate just a spam posting with links to sites trying to get you buy things like medicines but pretending to ask about truck driving in Canada.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its been zapped into oblivion, as has the poster
TAR....
Old Mar 27th 2009, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nothing mate just a spam posting with links to sites trying to get you buy things like medicines but pretending to ask about truck driving in Canada.
Well quite a few drivers take Medi's whilst on the road, it might have been a good service
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

hahhaa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.