Canada Truck Driving

Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

CanadaTruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada Truck Driving

Hi guys.I am writing from the name of my father because he is on the way somewhere in Europe as Im writing now.... I write to all of you for a little help.
My father is a 44 old Bulgarian who lives and works in Greece as a truck driver.He has more than 15 years experience in truck driving in Europe and Middle East.
He has this dream for a very long time .... to be a truck driver in Canada, and it is not for the money I think because he gots a pretty good salary now ...around 2700 Euro after taxes - maybe because of the types of the truck or something else I dont know really what is his purpose to want so much to drive and live in Canada.
But what he need is an information how he can go and start to work in Canada?
If he makes an agreement with a company online and they hire him is all the documentation for living and working be made for him?
Or what he has to do to fulfil his dream ?

Thanks a lot in advance .
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canada Truck Driving

Originally Posted by CanadaTruck
Hi guys.I am writing from the name of my father because he is on the way somewhere in Europe as Im writing now.... I write to all of you for a little help.
My father is a 44 old Bulgarian who lives and works in Greece as a truck driver.He has more than 15 years experience in truck driving in Europe and Middle East.
He has this dream for a very long time .... to be a truck driver in Canada, and it is not for the money I think because he gots a pretty good salary now ...around 2700 Euro after taxes - maybe because of the types of the truck or something else I dont know really what is his purpose to want so much to drive and live in Canada.
If he makes an agreement with a company online and they hire him is all the documentation for living and working be made for him?

Thanks a lot in advance .
Before you get slated for not bothering to do some research on your own I'll save your bacon...

Read here first

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489605

then go thru the rest of the Trucking section looking for info as it is all there already.

Failing that come back with questions.

HTH
Old Mar 8th 2009, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Before you get slated for not bothering to do some research on your own I'll save your bacon...

Read here first

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489605

then go thru the rest of the Trucking section looking for info as it is all there already.

Failing that come back with questions.

HTH
I did't want to make any informational threads I just wanted a fast reply from a person who is known of all the information collected by the years or has experience with this type of situation. How am I supposed to believe in things that are from 2007 or 2008 ...or I have to look in the whole constitution of Canada to see the law point how it should be solved.
Anyway thanks...
Old Mar 8th 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Is there a problem just to say few things from your own experience or from the things you've learned during the years ? or should I check threads from 2007 and go trought the constitution?
thanks anyway
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I think Davie is saying that you should read the threads and it will answer most questions you have. If there are questions after that then people on here will answer them
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

The 'search' function is good if you want to know about a particular subject...chances are it has been covered before...but if not, post your questions and the experienced peeps will be sure to help you.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Yes I could browse through 600 comments, but the problem is that they are from 2007 and I can not count them as reliable on the fast developing world that we are living in ....
And as for search engines , everybody that knows how to launch the computer knows about google.com ...... but where the problem is - It will take me a month to collect all the information from the constitution, forums , emigration agencies, truck companies and so on. So I was hopping that here are good wiling people who can help me with my situation with 3 fast sentences.
If there is somebody that can spend 5 minutes from his time for me I will be very grateful.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I could browse through 600 comments, but the problem is that they are from 2007 and I can not count them as reliable on the fast developing world that we are living in ....
And as for search engines , everybody that knows how to launch the computer knows about google.com ...... but where the problem is - It will take me a month to collect all the information from the constitution, forums , emigration agencies, truck companies and so on. So I was hopping that here are good wiling people who can help me with my situation with 3 fast sentences.
If there is somebody that can spend 5 minutes from his time for me I will be very grateful.
So you are a free loader that cant be botherd and is to lazy to do his own research,why should we help some one that is not willing to help himself. You get a big from me and thats all.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
So you are a free loader that cant be botherd and is to lazy to do his own research,why should we help some one that is not willing to help himself. You get a big from me and thats all.
What's the purpose of the forum ? To ask a question and then an "ALL-KNOWN GUY" to tell you google it, and be a player?.... or should I look for an information in the forum that it is from 2007 ??? I am sure that for 2 years too many things have changed especially for the last 6 months (finance crisis) . So what I understand under "forum"(it's a greek word - it means a place where people meet and discuss things and help each other) or at least from "internet forum" is where you can get a quick answer (resolve) to your problem from people who have an information about the thing and it will not take them a month just for 5 sentences that you are in a very bad need of .. and not from the whole other information ....and maybe tomorrow will come a guy like me with the same question and he will find the Topic and see the answers.... but the answers from the situation NOW (2009) not from the past (2007).
I hope u understand me... if u are not wiling to help just say , I will try with emigration survices at least there people are payed for giving information and will not play the ALL-KNOWN
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

What's the purpose of the forum ? To ask a question and then an "ALL-KNOWN GUY" to tell you google it, and be a player?.... or should I look for an information in the forum that it is from 2007 ??? I am sure that for 2 years too many things have changed especially for the last 6 months (finance crisis) . So what I understand under "forum"(it's a greek word - it means a place where people meet and discuss things and help each other) or at least from "internet forum" is where you can get a quick answer (resolve) to your problem from people who have an information about the thing and it will not take them a month just for 5 sentences that you are in a very bad need of .. and not from the whole other information ....and maybe tomorrow will come a guy like me with the same question and he will find the Topic and see the answers.... but the answers from the situation NOW (2009) not from the past (2007).
I hope u understand me... if u are not wiling to help just say , I will try with emigration survices at least there people are payed for giving information and will not play the ALL-KNOWN
Just so you know, ive helped 100 s of people on here and answerd 1000s of questions,but only to those that show some willingness to help themselves,so be a good boy do some homework, then come ask ya questions.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

But what he need is an information how he can go and start to work in Canada?.
Canada is a big country. Does he know which part he wants to go to?
Can he speak english?
Obviously he needs a job first before he ''can go and start to work in Canada''

Has he sent any C.V's to any companies he's interested in?
Some people take trips, to a particular province, and call carriers who are recruiting, or visit them in person to arrange interviews etc just to make their presence known.

Well, I think thats the question people get annoyed at most. I think he needs to do a bit of research for himself. What works for some people might not work for others.
Almost everything on this section of the website is still how things work today, doesnt matter if its from 2007. Read it anyway.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

I did warn you by saying I'd save your bacon before coming back to ask more questions & that others would not be so sympathetic to the amount of self research you have done... Hey Ho

but the answers from the situation NOW (2009) not from the past (2007)
You asked for Basic info not info relevent to the current ecconomic "Financial" situation and if you had read the recent threads or even the one I gave you "The Sticky" on the front page this would have answered your original questions well enough & then you would have been more aware of specific questons you wanted to know

Work Permits / PNP / PR / Wages / Time frame / vehicles / Loads / Routes / Companies Good & Bad etc etc etc

but the problem is that they are from 2007
Crap

You wanted a lazy 3 sentence answer:

Get a job (which means going throught the normal procedure for gaining employment... Think how you would do that??)

Apply for Work Permit

Fly to Canada & start work.

Canada is the 2nd largest country in the World so where would he want to live and work.... only you can answer that by researching the country.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

We can get this conversation till ever - but that is not the purpose. I don't want to make you pissed off or angry... so sorry if u understood me wrong.
Ok, So I browse all the threads and I will paste what I have understand.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

CanadaTruck, your first question was answered politely by Davie Mac and you came back with attitude, then you answered your own question..

Is there a problem just to say few things from your own experience or from the things you've learned during the years ? or should I check threads from 2007 and go trought the constitution?
thanks anyway

but where the problem is - It will take me a month to collect all the information from the constitution, forums ,
if you can not be bothered why should anybody else.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the problem lies with that nobody could possibly answer all of your questions in a few lines and 5 minutes. We have been researching for about 12 months and there is still tons of stuff we need to find out.

If you ask a specific question, you will have more replies than you could shake a soggy stick at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.