Any Trucking Info please

Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:29 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Trucking Info please

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
oops.

Grebbie upset someone?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:44 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smith66
Hi
Wondered if someone could give me some info please. My husband would like to work in Canada and, well we dont know where to start I have been reading this forum for quite a few months, and looked at some of the companies.
Is it best to go through a company or one of the immgration services, as most of you out in canada or in the process just wondered if you could give me some advice, basically what you did what you learnt etc
etc.
Also how much money would you need to take with you roughly, as I did read some where that the spouse cant work for 6-12 mths, how much is it to rent, buy cars etc etc

Thanks
Jo
Don't let all these nasty people put you off, just throw them their ball back and they'll be on their way.

The question you asked has various answers which have been discussed over and over but I totally understand that it's as new and exiting to you as it was to me once we decided to come to Canada.

Once your husband has got back on his feet, please read the WIKI threads and search through the other threads on this trucking forum. I know it takes a long time but it is a worthwhile process.

You need to think about the province you want to move to as they do not all have a truck drivers programme. I have included the link for the Saskatchewan Long Haul Truckers Programme which is the only one I can really commnet on as that is where we are. My OH works for Yanke whose main office is in Saskatoon but we are based in Regina.

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/Def...7-70a7366de4c4

I cannot work until the we start the PNP process so we only have one wage coming in, we are renting I won't discuss money openly but will pm you if you want me to. We do not have dependant children so the one wage is fine until I start work. We rent a fully furnished cabin, pay our utilities, keep a gas guzzler on the road and still enjoy ourselves. We have spent some of our savings but it is our choice to start buying beds etc for when we eventually buy our own place.

As to using an agent - we didn't have to Yanke took us through every step to ensure we were completing the forms correctly and all we did was sign the forms and send the money.

I hope this has been useful but really this is just my opinion and each of us on this site has gone through a different process so its back to you I'm afraid. Good luck in whatever you decide
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Smith66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks Lorna for your info, as you said its so much to read and take in, and I will start to read through wiki as I didnt realise that was there, our daughter is in her last year at school so wont probably do anything till next year but just wanted to gather as much info as I could, when I need any further info I will pm you.
We have started to look at PEI but think we will try and get out for a holiday before we make up our minds
thanks again
Jo
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:06 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks Lorna for your info, as you said its so much to read and take in, and I will start to read through wiki as I didnt realise that was there, our daughter is in her last year at school so wont probably do anything till next year but just wanted to gather as much info as I could, when I need any further info I will pm you.
We have started to look at PEI but think we will try and get out for a holiday before we make up our minds
thanks again
Jo
That makes sense. Mind you we didn't do a reccie we just made the break and arrived here and their not getting rid of me know even if they wanted to. There are a few drivers and their families on BE that are now living in PEI and I am sure they will give you help if you need it. Look out for Loafy and Chris12 and I am sure there are others that I can't think of at this moment. Have a look at their thread and I am sure you will see the names of the families who are already there.

Good luck
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
That makes sense. Mind you we didn't do a reccie we just made the break and arrived here and their not getting rid of me know even if they wanted to. There are a few drivers and their families on BE that are now living in PEI and I am sure they will give you help if you need it. Look out for Loafy and Chris12 and I am sure there are others that I can't think of at this moment. Have a look at their thread and I am sure you will see the names of the families who are already there.

Good luck
We're going !!!!!

smith66

I have a word document I made up about our recce when we want it if you PM me (send me a private message) your email address I'll send it to you.

Kerry / Loafy / Chris12 are the main families there who post on here and they will be only too glad to help. Especially ref education side of life. Their kids are younger but should still be able to give you a heads up.

If your daughter wants to goto college once there then Holland College is the main one in Charlottetown who offer a wide range of studies.

Anything else just ask,

Cheers Dave
Attached Thumbnails Any Trucking Info please-dscf0201.jpg   Any Trucking Info please-dscf0030.jpg   Any Trucking Info please-dscf0071.jpg   Any Trucking Info please-dscf0284.jpg   Any Trucking Info please-dscf0134.jpg  

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Dave
I have sent you a pm -the pics look great especially the beach!!

Jo
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

sarah73 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're going !!!!!

smith66

I have a word document I made up about our recce when we want it if you PM me (send me a private message) your email address I'll send it to you.

Kerry / Loafy / Chris12 are the main families there who post on here and they will be only too glad to help. Especially ref education side of life. Their kids are younger but should still be able to give you a heads up.

If your daughter wants to goto college once there then Holland College is the main one in Charlottetown who offer a wide range of studies.

Anything else just ask,

Cheers Dave
Hi
I would really apprecite it if you could send me the imformation of your recce trip to PEI.
Would it be ok if i sent you my email address too?
Its just that we are currently sorting a trip to PEI very very soon, so any help would be great.
Thanks
Sarah
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sarah73
Hi
I would really apprecite it if you could send me the imformation of your recce trip to PEI.
Its just that we are currently sorting a trip to PEI very very soon, so any help would be great.
Thanks
Sarah
Yes no problem will send it onto you.

-------------------------------------------------

Been trying to send it but email gets rejected can you Pm me it again please and I'll have another go.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jan 24th 2008 at 11:14 am. Reason: add info about email rejection
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sarah73
Hi
Thanks
Sarah
Done Sarah

Please check both email addresses hope the document will be of some use to you.

Dave
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Dave
I have sent you a pm -the pics look great especially the beach!!

Jo
Which beach did you mean ????

The last one on the right is the Maldives just put it in for a laugh.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

sarah73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Done Sarah

Please check both email addresses hope the document will be of some use to you.

Dave
Dave

Received!
Thankyou again.

Sarah
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

My OH nearly decided to change province

Rosie
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dave
yeah did mean the beach on the right, could see myself on the beach - oh well it still looks a nice place lol

Jo
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:33 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

It's not even a very good photo of me