Any Trucking Info please

Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Smith66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Trucking Info please

Hi
Wondered if someone could give me some info please. My husband would like to work in Canada and, well we dont know where to start I have been reading this forum for quite a few months, and looked at some of the companies.
Is it best to go through a company or one of the immgration services, as most of you out in canada or in the process just wondered if you could give me some advice, basically what you did what you learnt etc
etc.
Also how much money would you need to take with you roughly, as I did read some where that the spouse cant work for 6-12 mths, how much is it to rent, buy cars etc etc

Thanks
Jo

Last edited by Smith66; Jan 6th 2008 at 1:25 pm. Reason: added more questions
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Any Trucking Info please

Originally Posted by Smith66
Hi
Wondered if someone could give me some info please. My husband would like to work in Canada and, well we dont know where to start I have been reading this forum for quite a few months, and looked at some of the companies.
Is it best to go through a company or one of the immgration services, as most of you out in canada or in the process just wondered if you could give me some advice, basically what you did what you learnt etc
etc.
Also how much money would you need to take with you roughly, as I did read some where that the spouse cant work for 6-12 mths, how much is it to rent, buy cars etc etc

Thanks
Jo
Jo,

Welcome to the site:

I am one who is dead against the immgration middle people types who are just out to take funds with the view of a job and deliver little in return.

Therefore, others will answer the Q? you asked I am sure, so check back....
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:23 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
etc.

Thanks
Jo
Hi Jo.
A lot of the trucking companies will help you with the immigration process.
I went over to Canada in July '06 to work for Kindersley and they told me how to do everything, sorted out my LMO etc etc. I believe most companies do this.
As for how much money you need, I went over on my own so can't really help you there.
Have a look here http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada. Lots of info.
Good luck,
Koog.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
etc.

Thanks
Jo
Jo Welcome.

First of all (without sounding cheeky towards you) your questions regarding moving to the second largest country in the world are a little wide and difficult to answer as every province is different. They even have thier own provincial rules and regulations regarding just about everything. Taxes, house prices, wages, cost of living, scenery, all vary and alot more besides depending on what province your in:

Ave house price in British Columbia = $350.000
----- " -------- in Atlantic Provinces = $140.000

Company wages also differ from area to area.

Therefore as a family the best thing that you could do is research Canada and decide on an area that you would like to & could afford to live. This would include every aspect you could think of then spend some dosh and go on a visit tying it in with some interviews with companies pre-arranged.

MY advice would be to rent self catering and go and live as you would from day to day - shopping, cooking etc etc and see how you like it.

The first day we were there on a vist we spent 4 hours in a supermarket !!!
Also Priced up everything we would need to replace electrical wise ( Washer, Dryer, fridge etc etc).
Went viewing houses.
Met with other ex-pats already there (very kindly arranged by them)
Went round car dealers and got prices and business cards with websites

You said your husband wants to WORK in Canada ??

Do you mean work or do you want to emmigrate eventually as this will make a BIG difference as to your plans etc.

We will be taking everything which includes ALL our money as we don't have any plans to return.

Any more info drop us a line.

Cheers Dave
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
etc.

Thanks
Jo
For some one who's been reading this forum for some months now you havent found out much I just wonder why some of us even botherd posting all the info in the first place at the top of the forum and in WIKI.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gremmie
For some one who's been reading this forum for some months now you havent found out much I just wonder why some of us even botherd posting all the info in the first place at the top of the forum and in WIKI.
Hello You,

Thought you had deserted us.

It can be quite annoying when people don't even reply to say thanks when you give quite a reply posting but hey ho never mind. I think from now on unless they ask a specific not covered question I'll just refer them to old postings with the info contained.

How have you been mate?

Still OK?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi sorry Dave

You are quite right I should have replied sooner as I have been meaning to reply to say thank you, but my husband has been in hospital taken quite ill, sorry not been on my pc, so my apologises and thank you for your info-I will have a look in the wiki didnt know what that was

J
I didnt mean to upset anyone-other things on my mind
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi sorry Dave

You are quite right I should have replied sooner as I have been meaning to reply to say thank you, but my husband has been in hospital taken quite ill, sorry not been on my pc, so my apologises and thank you for your info-I will have a look in the wiki didnt know what that was

J
I didnt mean to upset anyone-other things on my mind
Hey Dude No problem...hope he is on the mend.

If you want to know anything just ask OK we don't really bite just grumpy old men.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi
thanks he is a lot better, doing ok - thanks again will keep reading through the posts gathering info, have a good evening
J
Old Jan 14th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hello You,

Thought you had deserted us.

It can be quite annoying when people don't even reply to say thanks when you give quite a reply posting but hey ho never mind. I think from now on unless they ask a specific not covered question I'll just refer them to old postings with the info contained.

How have you been mate?

Still OK?
Doing pretty dam good Davie....when do u finally get out here and make the place unsafe
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

julieandchris will become famous soon enoughjulieandchris will become famous soon enough

do you have to be so rude to people grebbie, they were only asking for advice I dont think they were asking for attitude but hey youve been in canada for 6 months and you have all the answers dont you!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by julieandchris
do you have to be so rude to people grebbie, they were only asking for advice I dont think they were asking for attitude but hey youve been in canada for 6 months and you have all the answers dont you!
Firstly the name is gremmie,at least have so much descency. Secondly i dont claim to know every thing, Thirdly i dont have an attitude,where as you obviosly do.... having reread most of your 31 posts 80% of them are either slagging me ,slagging West can or slagging any one who is thinking of working for them. So who has the attitude,??? YOU, and its a bitter and twisted one. So pack in the personal insults and add some constructive info for once on this forum as you did back in 2004 !!!!! giving other users helpful tips and info. Yeh you got bitten by WBT, so whats with the pesonal vendetta against me ???
I and a few others spent hours putting links and info up here to aid others,,where is your contribution ????? 2 or 3 posts back in 2004. Nuff said
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

julieandchris will become famous soon enoughjulieandchris will become famous soon enough

For 1 thing grebbie just read your first post on this topic and you will see where I am coming from about the attitude! As for constructive comments I just told people the facts about westcan(saskatoon terminal) and theres probably 40 plus drivers out there with the same experience,I private messaged alot back in the day with people asking me questions about westcan so I think I probably helped a few. I dont tend to comment much now as I am just a westcan hater in alot of peoples eyes so why bother, but it just pisses me off when someone comes on and asks a few questions and they get slated, perhaps there not as good using a pc as you are and did'nt know how to go back and read other threads! Its not a personal attack but reading alot of your threads over the last 6 months you seem to be a know it all pig headed arrogant man(nothing personal) just my opinion....xxx.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:35 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

DAVE LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED.....
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pete d
DAVE LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED.....
oops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.