Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Your guesses for cost of a 4 mile ambulance ride

Your guesses for cost of a 4 mile ambulance ride

Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Your guesses for cost of a 4 mile ambulance ride

In 1973 I was retrospectively charged 40 quid for an emergency ambulance journey from the M6 to Lancaster infirmary. Using a calculator that seems to be about 410 quid today. From a dim memory it was a distance of around 5 miles I think.

Completely away from your topic Trixie but it swooped the memory right back into my mind of how shocked I was . I can't remember how many weeks wages it was.

Given the topic , I'm going with outrageous. In the $$thousands.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 16th 2013 at 3:48 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No idea...but last year hubby saw an emergency doc in Toronto for chest pains. As we left we were told the bill was eighty nine. Eight nine hundred I thought...not eighty nine thousand surely? Nope $89 CDN.
Don't you just love it? As for ambulances: 5 times for kidney stone attacks in Canada...total cost per ride...nada. Once by air ambulance...total cost. Nada.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Don't you just love it? As for ambulances: 5 times for kidney stone attacks in Canada...total cost per ride...nada. Once by air ambulance...total cost. Nada.
My daughter collapsed with kidney stones at her office in Toronto...as you say no out of pocket costs at the point of service. Same would apply in the UK.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:11 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter collapsed with kidney stones at her office in Toronto...as you say no out of pocket costs at the point of service. Same would apply in the UK.
Off topic: My husband suffers with Kidney stones and one night I went out with the girls and was dropped off "slightly tiddly" (ok, pissed as a fart) and at 2am he was in so much pain he needed to go to the hospital.

because I was still too drunk, I made him drive himself - but I did go with him to hold his hand...

What an awful wife I am
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Off topic: My husband suffers with Kidney stones and one night I went out with the girls and was dropped off "slightly tiddly" (ok, pissed as a fart) and at 2am he was in so much pain he needed to go to the hospital.

because I was still too drunk, I made him drive himself - but I did go with him to hold his hand...

What an awful wife I am
I think I can beat that.

Early 90's in the UK. Saturday afternoon...I picked up my new sports car that morning. Guys being guys...hubby decided to jack the new car up to look underneath it. While it was jacked up I decided to give the front wheel a spin. Problem was I didn't know hubby had his finger in the alloy wheels...until he said 'my fingers off'.

One bag of frozen peas and a towel later...not to me mention moi driving 3 exits up the motorway at 120 mph...he had his finger re-attached.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:41 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

So come on then....its way past my bedtime, the bottle of reds all gone, and still no answer.....? The way you're going, you're gonna end up being reincarnated as a screenplay writer for Eastenders!!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:45 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen your karma message.....how about if I move the decimal point to the right...?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:33 pm
`

One bag of frozen peas and a towel later...not to me mention moi driving 3 exits up the motorway at 120 mph...he had his finger re-attached.
Ergh
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:34 pm
`

What an awful wife I am
You are my type of girl.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

What an awful wife I am
Oye. That is just cruel. Two of my attacks were while I was driving. No chance when they hit that I could keep the car on the road as the pain was so severe that it doubled me over. Ended up on someones front lawn the first time and nose down off the shoulder on the highway the second time.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think I can beat that.

Early 90's in the UK. Saturday afternoon...I picked up my new sports car that morning. Guys being guys...hubby decided to jack the new car up to look underneath it. While it was jacked up I decided to give the front wheel a spin. Problem was I didn't know hubby had his finger in the alloy wheels...until he said 'my fingers off'.

And you're still married? Very forgiving guy.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

And you're still married? Very forgiving guy.
34 years and counting....

He is.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

34 years and counting....

He is.
Good on him.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Good on him.
I'll drink to that.

Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll drink to that.

You'll drink to anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.