Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

You can't keep a good man down!

You can't keep a good man down!

Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default You can't keep a good man down!

So I guess we can say that M is feeling fit and healthy again

We have a 3 day weekend with gorgeous weather and I am thinking maybe we can go for a motorcycle ride somewhere, walk round Galveston, even go to a state park.
No, he has a better idea! He says let's insulate the attic....

So we have spent the last 5 hours spraying insulation into loft area. He was up in the attic and I was outside loading the bags of insulation into the green hopper.

I am now showered and cleaned up but with an aching back, arms, legs, you name it, it hurts. M is full of himself, telling me that is the most fun he has had in weeks

(It was supposed to say...You can't keep a good man down....)
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You can't keep a good man down!

Great stuff!

No holiday down our way, except the kid is off school.

Our spring like weather is over. Was supposed to get a sludge of snow/rain today, but we've been hammered in snow and we just got back from a little jaunt and it almost killed us
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

That's really great but now he'll start feeling invincible and you'll end up a worn out mess with all the things he'll line up.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 11:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
So I guess we can say that M is feeling fit and healthy again

We have a 3 day weekend with gorgeous weather and I am thinking maybe we can go for a motorcycle ride somewhere, walk round Galveston, even go to a state park.
No, he has a better idea! He says let's insulate the attic....

So we have spent the last 5 hours spraying insulation into loft area. He was up in the attic and I was outside loading the bags of insulation into the green hopper.

I am now showered and cleaned up but with an aching back, arms, legs, you name it, it hurts. M is full of himself, telling me that is the most fun he has had in weeks

(It was supposed to say...You can't keep a good man down....)
That sounds like my husband's idea of a good time too.

Glad M is back on form SM.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
That's really great but now he'll start feeling invincible and you'll end up a worn out mess with all the things he'll line up.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That sounds like my husband's idea of a good time too.

Glad M is back on form SM.
I have to admit it was pretty cool to do, and other than hurting all over I enjoyed being his labourer again.

The good thing about the insulation is it is "green" so it has no fiberglass in it. It looks like dry pulped paper. It seemed very simple and was, except the hose blocked at one point and flew off the hopper so I was rained on with recycled insulation

The clean up afterwards was also annoying. It made a lot of dust, but hey, at least the whole house is clean and well insulated
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

I have to admit it was pretty cool to do, and other than hurting all over I enjoyed being his labourer again.

The good thing about the insulation is it is "green" so it has no fiberglass in it. It looks like dry pulped paper. It seemed very simple and was, except the hose blocked at one point and flew off the hopper so I was rained on with recycled insulation

The clean up afterwards was also annoying. It made a lot of dust, but hey, at least the whole house is clean and well insulated
I am sooooo over all this DIY stuff. Lucky for me our daughter is keeping him busy.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

It's only when I came to the U.S that a big kid's day out became a walk around Lowe's and Home Depot.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:39 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear M is doing well!
Beautiful day though - hope you both got to spend some of it mover covered in insulation.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by hotscot
It's only when I came to the U.S that a big kid's day out became a walk around Lowe's and Home Depot.
My husband can spend hours and hours gazing at screws, nuts and bits of wood etc.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like my husband's idea of a good time too. ....
I was rolling out additional insulation in the attic today too. It was nasty, dusty and dirty work, but what else would I do on a Saturday afternoon?

I'm glad to hear that M is back and firing on a least 7 cylinders!

My husband can spend hours and hours gazing at screws, nuts and bits of wood etc.
Me too. I was quite a fan of B&Q and Homebase, but Lowes and Home Depot are much better. I am fairly certain that I have been into Lowes an average of once a week since we moved here eleven years ago. I certainly go there most weeks, but two or three times a week is quite common, and twice a day is not unheard of. The staff at the Lowes I visit most often recognise me, especially the sales assistants on the commercial desk where I usually check-out.

I was in there last Thursday evening for some timber, 4' fluorescent tubes, roofing tar, 2" drain pipe, and ..... a heavy duty 40' ladder, on special order

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 19th 2014 at 1:18 am.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:11 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
Don't forget your hot dog on the way out B&Q is for poofs who need a wheelbarrow with a ball instead of a wheel up front
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Arizona, whats insulation? LOL
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
To keep the heat out.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Errr...I'm in Texas but still need insulation.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:27 am
Account Closed

To keep the heat out.
I knew i'd get a bite

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Jan 19th 2014 at 1:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.