yanks and pies

Old Dec 31st 2014, 1:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yanks and pies

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Is that an observation about the people you meet or what you do to people you meet?
Just a blanket observation on the phenomenon of other people. I don't talk to strangers as a rule, which makes it quite hard to annoy them. Unless they're the kind of self-absorbed sort that thinks utterly everyone has to listen to and talk to them, then I suppose it's easy
Old Dec 31st 2014, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

So it's December 31st. WGAF? Every year is the same as the last. Full of bills and annoying people.
And people clogging up the gym trying to be "the new me" for the first two weeks of January
Old Dec 31st 2014, 1:44 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
And people clogging up the gym trying to be "the new me" for the first two weeks of January
Yes, this too
Old Dec 31st 2014, 1:54 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people always say shit like that?

"It's a new year, so do something I have decided for you that you should do?"

So it's December 31st. WGAF? Every year is the same as the last. Full of bills and annoying people.
I see that the gym membership issue has already been covered.

A Somewhat Tolerable New Year to you, too.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 1:56 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
A Somewhat Tolerable New Year to you, too.
See, now this is more like it
Old Dec 31st 2014, 5:02 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

See, now this is more like it
Happy Hump Day.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 5:20 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
Happy Hump Day.
DFO ...

Old Dec 31st 2014, 6:17 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

DFO ...

Old Dec 31st 2014, 10:42 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

A new year is upon us. You should resolve to get yourself some English comprehension skills.
I'll settle for you explaining how the Australian pie culture is one wit different to what it is in the UK. Because my English comprehension skills are perfectly fine. Other than some vague statement that it is different you've yet to explain how. (I assume Pulaski is from the UK hence his original statement).
Old Dec 31st 2014, 10:46 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
It seems FB no longer do a Chicken Curry pie - that was my favourite
This is my theory but I'm not sure it is in fact the case.

I'm pretty sure that Fray Bentos (or whatever the company is in fact legally called) did the Army rations and the main entreƩ was chicken curry. So the MoD went to pot noodles some time ago, and so no more chicken curry.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
This is my theory but I'm not sure it is in fact the case.
I looked on US mail order sites (ie British food importers) and UK shopping websites (Tesco's etc) and all either said unavailable or didn't even list it. Not scientific research I know! Perhaps I should ask family to look when they next go shopping.

I'm pretty sure that Fray Bentos (or whatever the company is in fact legally called) did the Army rations and the main entreƩ was chicken curry. So the MoD went to pot noodles some time ago, and so no more chicken curry.
Hmm.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 11:01 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Er, he already is convinced of that.
I tend to think Americans aren't very good at arguing actually, in person they seem to get emotional and irrational. The fact that Ted Cruz was apparently a debate master when he was at Harvard but comes across as a lunatic on TV lends credence to what I'm saying. People seem to think this guy is good at arguing. Getting emotional and yelling nonsense more loudly doesn't stop it from being nonsense.

As for the cultural aspect, drinking in a public place is largely illegal in the US so I suspect RWLP has never experienced watching someone completely drunk walk out of a chip shop with a steak and kidney pie on a Saturday night and urinate into a gutter while eating it.

Being the masters of culture that the British are, they have however mastered this art and passed it onto their brethren in Australia, so that they too can get s--tfaced on lager, eat savoury pies and then vomit them profusely into the street outside a football stadium.

God Save the Queen.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 12:35 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Because my English comprehension skills are perfectly fine.
A lengthy rebuttal in English would be ironic and a waste of time.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 2:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think Americans aren't very good at arguing actually, in person they seem to get emotional and irrational. The fact that Ted Cruz was apparently a debate master when he was at Harvard but comes across as a lunatic on TV lends credence to what I'm saying. People seem to think this guy is good at arguing. Getting emotional and yelling nonsense more loudly doesn't stop it from being nonsense.

FWIW the Ted Cruz of today is a completely different iteration than the one that attended Harvard. Regardless, I don't know of any Americans, other than other lunatics, who think Ted Cruz is "good at arguing".
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 4:01 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

A lengthy rebuttal in English would be ironic and a waste of time.
Yes because you lost the argument.

I dunno where Pulaski is from but I'm here to tell you I've eaten plenty of pies while very drunk indeed and I can't see how "Australian" pie culture is one wit different from British pie culture. Are Australian pies somehow more portable in some way that makes them easier to take into a football stadium than a British pie?

Given that you went to Australia once and are thus clearly an expert on Australian culture I would love to know.

Frankly being drunk and eating a pie is the only way you'll ever get me to watch a football game, whether it be British or AFL.

All those years my parents criticized me for all the pies I ate and how bad they were for me - little did they know it would one day gear me up for a pointless argument about the subject on the internet...

But like I said, it is somewhat a regional thing, pies and savoury things like that tend to be more popular in places where mining is or was popular, imx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.