WTF in America

Old Feb 24th 2021, 12:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Steerpike
You are making me realize that 'gender reveal' is so 'yesterday'. Soon, it will be a 'future gender reveal' party, predicting what gender the baby will have when it turns 20!
Or, I don't know, people could just tell the very very few people who give a shit and forget about the whole utter nonsense. They could also, gasp, horror, wait until the child arrives.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 12:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Or, I don't know, people could just tell the very very few people who give a shit and forget about the whole utter nonsense. They could also, gasp, horror, wait until the child arrives.
It's mad isn't it. One of my nieces had a 'gender reveal' party. No explosives involved, but what a bloody hullabaloo.

She chose a particular place to have the ultrasound that would show the gender of the baby. This place doesn't tell the mother or father the gender, instead they put 'boy' or 'girl' and relevent details on a card and mail that card to a company. This company makes up a huge beribboned box, filled with either pink or blue hellium balloons and delivers that box to the expectant couple.

The expectant couple open the box in front of all the saps family and friends they've invited to the party, and pink or blue balloons float out and up. And everyone yells YAAAAY! and OOOOOOHHH! and HOORAY!!!!! and does weird stuff like jumping up and down like they're on a pogo stick and hugging the person next to them, even it's someone they hate with stinky breath and they haven't spoken to in 30 years.

Bah!

Old Feb 24th 2021, 2:09 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

You are making me realize that 'gender reveal' is so 'yesterday'. Soon, it will be a 'future gender reveal' party, predicting what gender the baby will have when it turns 20!
There should be no surprise why these events have boomed now (The first one to have an impact is dated to 2008). Not everyone who has them is doing it for reactionary political reasons, many are just going with the flow of a new fad; but cultural phenomena have cultural reasons to exist.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 2:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's mad isn't it. One of my nieces had a 'gender reveal' party. No explosives involved, but what a bloody hullabaloo.

The expectant couple open the box in front of all the saps family and friends they've invited to the party
Should all just stand around the end of the bed and watch it pop out.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Should all just stand around the end of the bed and watch it pop out.
Yeah. And then we could use the placenta for a game of footy out the back.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But, but - they have to buy the pink paint (girls room) or blue paint (boys room)!

Come to think of it (serious question) ... don't they have tests for this kind of thing? Are these people intentionally not finding out and doing the gender reveal party instead?!
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine the scenario years later when the child turns around and tells the parents that they got the gender party wrong. Look mum and dad I know that you had a gender party and the balloons/confetti and my room were all done out in blue but I no longer consider myself to be male so are we going to have another party.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The expectant couple open the box in front of all the saps family and friends they've invited to the party, and pink or blue balloons float out and up. And everyone yells...
Congratulations...it's a baby.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I say stop the gender reveal, stop telling the parents when ultrasounded what they believe the gender is on the ultrasound. Stop having baby showers. Use colors in the nursery that are pastel shades that look clean and pretty.

Just wait until the baby is born and then announce the gender so family and friends can buy the baby gifts that babies need like diapers, wipes, bottles, baby grows, baby lotion and shampoo, diaper cream. New borns don't need so many fancy clothes and gadgets that are on baby shower lists nowadays. People just seem to want to out do each other with the fanciest and most expensive gift for the baby.

Yes I'm grumpy today.

Old Feb 24th 2021, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. And then we could use the placenta for a game of footy out the back.
You bloody heathen, you're supposed to fry it up and, presumably, serve it with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

She chose a particular place to have the ultrasound that would show the gender of the baby. This place doesn't tell the mother or father the gender, instead they put 'boy' or 'girl' and relevent details on a card and mail that card to a company. This company makes up a huge beribboned box, filled with either pink or blue hellium balloons and delivers that box to the expectant couple.

The expectant couple open the box in front of all the saps family and friends they've invited to the party, and pink or blue balloons float out and up. And everyone yells YAAAAY! and OOOOOOHHH! and HOORAY!!!!! and does weird stuff like jumping up and down like they're on a pogo stick and hugging the person next to them, even it's someone they hate with stinky breath and they haven't spoken to in 30 years.

Bah!
Not the biggest issue in the world but I'd ban helium balloons personally! I seem to find them when I go hiking in beautiful natural areas; they've presumably gone 'up', burst, and fallen back to earth and are now in some irretrievable location! I've also heard they short out electric cables ... Basically they are litter ...
Old Feb 25th 2021, 5:12 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Came across this in a mag - and I shall quote:
"March 2020 was the first March without a school shooting since 2002. True story. School administrators across the U.S. aren't' taking it for granted though and are still requiring students to undergo active shooter training while learning remotely from home. ... America".
Old Feb 25th 2021, 10:44 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Community fridges

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-56176965

Somehow, as well meaning as it is, this doesn't seem sustainable.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Not the biggest issue in the world but I'd ban helium balloons personally! I seem to find them when I go hiking in beautiful natural areas; they've presumably gone 'up', burst, and fallen back to earth and are now in some irretrievable location! I've also heard they short out electric cables ... Basically they are litter ...
There have been a lot of reports about people wanting to ben 'Balloon races' not the big hot air ones, but those that use little ballons sent of from garden parties etc. , as you say they litter all ove, most never found. There are similar calls to stop these 'lantern' festivals where hundreds of lanterns, with burning sources for the hot air they use, are released. There have been lots of reports of wildfires being caused where these land.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:19 am
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

And it is a non-renewable resource, used in far more important devices than balloons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.