WTF in America

Old Apr 20th 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
If Heaven is real, I'm pretty sure I'm farked. Litany of crimes; sloth, arrogance, underachievement, laziness, gluttony, coveting my neighbor's wife and oxen, immoral thoughts, masturbation, weird pr0n kinks, spitting, dislike of chilruns, jealousy, pettiness, spitefulness, avarice, envy, Manchester City.
Hey I have my faults, but Man City isn't one of them, I'm not that sick!!
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

People forking out $450 to join a "church" and drink bleach to cure illness.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-miracle-cure
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Amazon Lockers are the solution for you! No more pesky deliveries! And more earth-friendly!
Nearest one is over 15 miles away and I'm not sure if Fedex can use them?
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

I swear...I wish we had different planets to live on
We can have a planet for the stupid, way over there...do food drops and suchlike.

Honestly, I have a really low opinion of the bulk of humanity and don't give the slightest damn if we're wiped out.
We're, collectively, if not individually, just pond scum on the universe.
Not special.
Not precious. (With deference to those who have offspring.)

I've got 20 years to do the top 100 restaurants in the world.
Then I'm done...checking out.

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 20th 2019 at 3:35 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

If police aren't at that resort closing these arseholes down before anyone else is harmed, then I absolutely despair. The photo attached to the linked article is horrible, it's an in your face photo of sickening child abuse.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
I swear...I wish we had different planets to live on
We can have a planet for the stupid, way over there...do food drops and suchlike.

Honestly, I have a really low opinion of the bulk of humanity and don't give the slightest damn if we're wiped out.
We're, collectively, if not individually, just pond scum on the universe.
Not special.
Not precious. (With deference to those who have offspring.)

I've got 20 years to do the top 100 restaurants in the world.
Then I'm done...checking out.
I'm the opposite, I have a really high opinion of the bulk of humanity. It's just that the damage done by the minority is so far reaching, so horrendous, so evil, that it sits at the forefront of our minds.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're right...why aren't these criminal abusers being arrested right now?
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm the opposite, I have a really high opinion of the bulk of humanity. It's just that the damage done by the minority is so far reaching, so horrendous, so evil, that it sits at the forefront of our minds.

I feel it's the minority that does good things.
The bulk of the rest don't really care about others.
That's why we have Trump. Not like he's a force for good, equality, justice is he?
Most didn't vote for him.
Enough did.

Yes, people care about their pets, and loved ones, and (some) family.
The next door neighbor? Not really.
Two doors down? Do you even know them?
Wee Jimmy and Sue on the other side of town? Nope

I know I sound cynical but I prefer realistic.
Life is great, actually fantastic, healthy, rich, altruistic, but no grand plan.

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.'

Never a truer word...

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 20th 2019 at 4:02 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Nearest one is over 15 miles away and I'm not sure if Fedex can use them?
Only if the product is from Amazon

Have you asked them why they feel empowered to trespass? If you have a sign up saying 'no solicitors', 'no trespassing', or similar, then for them to ignore that is for them to disobey your request, and you'd think that 'honoring the requests of others' would be high up there in their religious values.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What you say is true Steerpike.
But they're programmed to say..'I never noticed the sign.'
It's their get out clause.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 4:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That's why we have Trump. Not like he's a force for good. ....
Maybe as a result of living in California and/ or being British, or both, but you have that completely upside down. The problem is the people who think they "care" trying to foist their world view on everyone else.

Far from the urban core, the professional eletes, and TBH the West Coast, people are tired of being told what to do and how to think, political correctness has run amok, and the result was Donald Trump, .... and Brexit.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 4:16 pm
Concierge

That's why we have Trump. Not like he's a force for good.

Yes, people care about their pets, and loved ones, and (some) family.
The next door neighbor? Not really.
Two doors down? Do you even know them?
Wee Jimmy and Sue on the other side of town? Nope

I know I sound cynical but I prefer realistic.
Life is great, actually fantastic, healthy, rich, altruistic, but no grand plan.

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.'

Never a truer word...
Bloody hell, I'm just about to go to bed and I'm going to have nightmares after reading some of that!

You don't sound cynical but you do sound a bit defeatist, as though you've given up on the whole human race. I haven't despite my eyes being wide open to the many threats and challenges. As I think most people do, I do care about people whether I know them personally or not, and again like most people, I do what I can within my own limitations to support others. Who's to say which one of us is right about the percentage of goodies and baddies in the world and it doesn't really matter, we think what we think.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Maybe as a result of living in California and/ or being British, or both, but you have that completely upside down. The problem is the people who think they "care" trying to foist their world view on everyone else.

Far from the urban core, the professional eletes, and TBH the West Coast, people are tired of being told what to do and how to think, political correctness has run amok, and the result was Donald Trump, .... and Brexit.

No, not completely upside down.
I agree with what you state here.
And Trump is certainly not a force for 'good' even if some if his policy positions are admirable re. illegal aliens, sorry undocumented immigrants. (I forgot, pretty savior boy Newsom is hanging over my shoulder.)

Hey, life is great personally
Who gives a damn.

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 20th 2019 at 4:28 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Bloody hell, I'm just about to go to bed and I'm going to have nightmares after reading some of that!

You don't sound cynical but you do sound a bit defeatist, as though you've given up on the whole human race.
Naw just realistic.
We're just animals. Nothing more. Still driven by prehistoric urges.
Ever been to Wally World? There's your evolution.

Personally life is great though
(But we'll be leaving out fortune to feminist writers and starship development.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 20th 2019 at 4:40 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 4:39 pm
Concierge

Just animals. Nothing more. Still driven by prehistoric urges.
Life is great though
Ok. Goodnight Jack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.