WTF in America

Old Dec 18th 2018, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
We're steering this one down a road we'd do well to leave alone

But that is a known phenomenon and from all accounts, it's only going to get worse.
And your in your 40's..............................live long and prosper my good man
Old Dec 18th 2018, 4:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
And your in your 40's..............................live long and prosper my good man
Not until next year. Still in my 30s right now
Old Dec 18th 2018, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not until next year. Still in my 30s right now
4 1/2 months roughly for me. Seems like yesterday I was 20....lol

My body isn't aging well though, too many years of physical labor is catching up to me.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 6:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

My body isn't aging well though, too many years of physical labor is catching up to me.
A week over six months just about for me, so you'll be there first. As far as I'm concerned, the 90s were still less than fifteen years ago

Though my wife has us both beaten, she made it to 40 this year but she still looks like she's about 27. I'm very lucky.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A week over six months just about for me, so you'll be there first. As far as I'm concerned, the 90s were still less than fifteen years ago

Though my wife has us both beaten, she made it to 40 this year but she still looks like she's about 27. I'm very lucky.
My wife looks like she is early 30's, she isn't aging as rapidly as I am...lol

I still have hair though on my head, so I suppose thats a plus but its thinning, probably within 5 years will have a bald spot.

I mention things from the 90's at work and most give me blank stares, they were just too young, most born in the 97 to 2000 range of years. And watching TV shows from even 2000 are looking dated now. guess the 90's are oldies now and the rest are super oldies...lol

Hard to believe my dad is going to be 60 next month too, same age now as my grandfather when his health started to decline (he died at 63).

Not liking this aging thing at all.

They say 40 isn't old but doesn't seem young to me.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 18th 2018 at 7:59 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:02 pm
I have a comma problem

My wife looks like she is early 30's, she isn't aging as rapidly as I am...lol
I can understand it in the case of my wife, she doesn't drink, has never smoked once in her life and gets lots of sleep whereas I smoked 20 a day between the ages of 17 and 25, drank regularly during that time and get by on 4-5 hours of sleep on average a night

I drink more water than her though, so score one for me I guess.

I still have hair though on my head, so I suppose thats a plus but its thinning, probably within 5 years will have a bald spot.
I honestly wouldn't see having hair as a plus anymore to be honest. My daughter keeps asking if I wish I had hair and I always tell her I'm much happier without it. Until I drag a razor across my head the wrong way, of course, those bastards take a while to heal up

I mention things from the 90's at work and most give me blank stares, they were just too young, most born in the 97 to 2000 range of years. And watching TV shows from even 2000 are looking dated now. guess the 90's are oldies now and the rest are super oldies...lol
As much as I love, and have uncurable nostalgia for all things 90s, I kind of like the dated feel of the early 2000s as well. Great times.

I still play games from the 80s and 90s via emulation though, or in the case of Civilization 2 and Age of Empires - just right on my computer. They still stand up even 20-30 years after their release IMO.

Hard to believe my dad is going to be 60 next month too, same age now as my grandfather when his health started to decline (he died at 63).
My dad just turned 75 . My parents had me way late though.

Not liking this aging thing at all.
At least we're all in the same boat - nobody can age in reverse.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

I can understand it in the case of my wife, she doesn't drink, has never smoked once in her life and gets lots of sleep whereas I smoked 20 a day between the ages of 17 and 25, drank regularly during that time and get by on 4-5 hours of sleep on average a night

I drink more water than her though, so score one for me I guess.

I honestly wouldn't see having hair as a plus anymore to be honest. My daughter keeps asking if I wish I had hair and I always tell her I'm much happier without it. Until I drag a razor across my head the wrong way, of course, those bastards take a while to heal up

As much as I love, and have uncurable nostalgia for all things 90s, I kind of like the dated feel of the early 2000s as well. Great times.

I still play games from the 80s and 90s via emulation though, or in the case of Civilization 2 and Age of Empires - just right on my computer. They still stand up even 20-30 years after their release IMO.

My dad just turned 75 . My parents had me way late though.

At least we're all in the same boat - nobody can age in reverse.
My parents had me young..... My wife's parents are older, her mom is 72 or 73 and her dad is 83 or 84, but she doesn't talk to her dad.

My wife doesn't drink, doesn't smoke etc either. I never smoked, but did spend 18 years surrounded by second hand smoke as my mom smoked as did my grandfather, and never was a big drink either, i drink maybe once a year if that on average.

The So. California sun is what aged me, working outside for many years + working outside up north in Canada also in summer, the sun doesn't do nice things to skin.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:38 pm
I have a comma problem

My parents had me young..... My wife's parents are older, her mom is 72 or 73 and her dad is 83 or 84, but she doesn't talk to her dad.

My wife doesn't drink, doesn't smoke etc either. I never smoked, but did spend 18 years surrounded by second hand smoke as my mom smoked as did my grandfather, and never was a big drink either, i drink maybe once a year if that on average.

The So. California sun is what aged me, working outside for many years + working outside up north in Canada also in summer, the sun doesn't do nice things to skin.
My wife and I are the opposite. Her parents are 61 and 60, whereas my dad is 75 and my mum would be 73 if she was still alive. Both her grandmothers are still alive (mid-80s) but mine would be 99 and 106 respectively if they still were

What aged me was 100% too many B&H and not enough sleep. Probably wasn't even the drink - smoking is terrible for your skin. I've looked in my 30s since I was like 18 but whatever, not much I can do about it now, even though I quit years ago.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

30 years since I've done 'it'.

But I just bought this...

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b.../fx-2/p/17455/

Let the hands of time roll back...
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

My wife and I are the opposite. Her parents are 61 and 60, whereas my dad is 75 and my mum would be 73 if she was still alive. Both her grandmothers are still alive (mid-80s) but mine would be 99 and 106 respectively if they still were

What aged me was 100% too many B&H and not enough sleep. Probably wasn't even the drink - smoking is terrible for your skin. I've looked in my 30s since I was like 18 but whatever, not much I can do about it now, even though I quit years ago.
I have one grandparent left my mom's dad, he is I believe 85.

My mom has been smoking for at least 40 years, probably longer, and its aged her a lot, she looks a good 15 years older then she is.

One thing I am glad I never picked up smoking. Never saw the appeal.

One thing I do know for certain, my dad was way better off at 40 then I will be, I dont think I will ever have as comfortable a life, and own a house etc like he was able to. Certainly wont be retiring at 58 with a pension like he was able to.

My wage today is what he was making like mid 1990's, kind of sad how wages are so blah these days.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 18th 2018 at 9:17 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:26 pm
I have a comma problem

I have one grandparent left my mom's dad, he is I believe 85.

My mom has been smoking for at least 40 years, probably longer, and its aged her a lot, she looks a good 15 years older then she is.

One thing I am glad I never picked up smoking. Never saw the appeal.

One thing I do know for certain, my dad was way better off at 40 then I will be, I dont think I will ever have as comfortable a life, and own a house etc like he was able to. Certainly wont be retiring at 58 with a pension like he was able to.

My wage today is what he was making like mid 1990's, kind of sad how wages are so blah these days.
Oh yeah, smoking aged the shit out of me. I started at 15 but didn't smoke regularly until I was in my last year of high school, maybe a month or two before my 18th birthday. Even though I quit in my 20s, I basically ****ed my skin in those 8-9 years or so

I don't know what my dad made when he was 40 (1983), and it would have been in pounds anyway so wouldn't be a fair comparison, but I think I might be a bit better off than him just because the cost of living is cheaper where I live now than in the UK. Either way, minimum wages haven't kept up with inflation anyway, otherwise it'd be over $20.00/hr now (or so I have read), so yeah we're all kind of boned.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till you are 55! My knees and ankles are like a click/crack marathon takes me a good 5 mins to loosen up, midnight wee's are not a quick event nowadays!!
Old Dec 19th 2018, 12:38 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking to three other old guys down at the local watering hole yesterday Ben said that when he has to get up for a pee at 5 AM it takes him around 15 minutes to start a trickle. Mark said that it generally takes about 25 minutes to pass a turd and that only after a lot of heaving and straining which plays havoc with his hemorrhoids. Jack on the other hand said he had no problem with either. Like a twenty year old. So what's the gripe Ben asked.
"Cos I'm still not out of bed when it happens" Jack replied.

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 19th 2018 at 12:41 am.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

We're steering this one down a road we'd do well to leave alone

But that is a known phenomenon and from all accounts, it's only going to get worse.
There was a very funny comment by Tyrion in GOT about Grand Maester Pycelle ... can't find it now ... I'll just have to watch the entire series again ...
Old Dec 19th 2018, 1:05 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dj6372
Wait till you are 55! My knees and ankles are like a click/crack marathon takes me a good 5 mins to loosen up, midnight wee's are not a quick event nowadays!!
Was that due to inactivity, excessive activity or are we all ****ed either way?

I'm trying to be more active now to try to avoid problems down the line, mostly because heart attacks run in my family but also just general mobility. Suppose I'd rather be thin with bad knees than fat with bad knees though so I'm going to carry on regardless, as the song goes.

Originally Posted by Steerpike
There was a very funny comment by Tyrion in GOT about Grand Maester Pycelle ... can't find it now ... I'll just have to watch the entire series again ...
Was it: "You must be proud to be as funny as a man whose balls brush his knees"? Did a quick search and that's what came up

Always worth a rewatch, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.