WTF in America

Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Not saying this only happens in America, because I'm sure it doesn't, but i didn't know where else to put it....

Last week a 42 year old High School teacher in the next school district over was arrested and suspended for giving a student a "full contact" lap dance for his birthday...in front of the whole class!

Today it was announced that a 46 year old Junior High teacher was arrested after she was caught in a compromising position with a 14 year old student in a classroom yesterday (Sunday) afternoon by a routine patrol.

WTF is going on?
Cripes
Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You have school on Sunday.

That is odd.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:13 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Radio this morning reporting that Texas has the highest rate of inappropriate relations between educator and student in the country. Well that's a nice list to top, isn't it!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:25 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Radio this morning reporting that Texas has the highest rate of inappropriate relations between educator and student in the country. Well that's a nice list to top, isn't it!
Lock up your children!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:41 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

When I was at school, we didn't have any of this going on.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:51 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
We had Miss Campbell. After school computer lessons before people knew what a computer was. She was fresh out of college, looked like Victoria Principals twin sister, and seemed totally oblivious to the fact that her after school class was full of early-teen boys for reasons other than learning about computers But as far as I know, no one ever got past the "dreaming" stage. I'm sure we'd have heard if they had!

We did have a PE teacher that really should be on Yewtrees radar though....he had a no underwear rule when we were doing outside sports, and used to line the whole class up and check before we were allowed out
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Lock up your children!
Kind of ironic that all the child abuse advice is to "tell a trusted adult...parent, police officer, teacher....."
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's a change from FL, SC, or MS being the top of the list of whatever embarrassing statistic is being reported.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:24 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

We did have a PE teacher that really should be on Yewtrees radar though....he had a no underwear rule when we were doing outside sports, and used to line the whole class up and check before we were allowed out
Now that's weird!

We had Mr Taylor who used to stand at the bottom of the girls' staircase and watch us going up and down. He campaigned quite vigorously for the girls to be allowed to wear open neck blouses instead of shirt and tie.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't either, though one of our English teachers was rather "odd" and I heard was later fired from another school, a private one in Nottingham, IIRC. None of us were surprised.
We had Miss Campbell. After school computer lessons before people knew what a computer was. She was fresh out of college, looked like Victoria Principals twin sister, and seemed totally oblivious to the fact that her after school class was full of early-teen boys for reasons other than learning about computers. But as far as I know, no one ever got past the "dreaming" stage. I'm sure we'd have heard if they had! .....
Ditto my O' level French teacher. Except she was slim, fairly tall, and with a light brown bob. She made French almost tolerable, and used to go red when she was embarrassed, which, teaching a class of 15-16 year old boys, was fairly often!

....he had a no underwear rule when we were doing outside sports, and used to line the whole class up and check before we were allowed out
We had that rule too, though thankfully no one checked. And if you think I'm going outside in a drafty pair of rugby shorts when it's close to freezing, blowing a gale, and trying to rain without any additional layers down their, you'd better think again!

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 29th 2014 at 12:39 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is going on?
I know. Why couldn't some of my teachers have been like that?
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:01 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We had a metalwork teacher in our first year at Grammar school, he also ran a metalwork club after school where we were going to make a scale model steam loco. During the second term all the pupils, including me, had a visit from detectives asking about 'inappropriate activities' in the metalwork store room. It appears that several boys had reported him, some from my class, and he was never seen at the school again.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:04 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I know. Why couldn't some of my teachers have been like that?
Miss Vernon (music teacher) didn't like me cos I had an accident with her piano.

(Being 14 may also have played into it a bit).
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:43 pm

Miss Vernon (music teacher) didn't like me cos I had an accident with her piano.

(Being 14 may also have played into it a bit).
Couldn't get to the toilet on time?
Old Apr 29th 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Couldn't get to the toilet on time?
I may have been hiding in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.