Withdraw

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:56 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Withdraw

Originally posted by ironporer
Not to speak for TM nor Turkey, but normally in DCF the USC must be there at the initial filing interview, but not at the final interview with the beneficiary.
Really?? I didnt know that!!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Tmushen!!!

Wihdraw?? Why dont you start DCF while your application with the USCIS is pending for approval?, I believe this is possible, correct me someone if I am wrong.
I am pulling for you too!!!, I am sorry to be late to this thread, My sister has been on the computer all day long.
If you need to vent some more.. count on us.. we will be here to support you, we are all in the same boat after all
GO TMUSHEN GO TMUSHEN GO!!!
Thanks Hyper.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Noorah101
.....But not for the initial filing?? Sorry, feeling a bit dense today!

Rene
The intial filing is just sending in the documents so I don't think you need to be there for that. I emailed Turkey quite a few times stating that I would fly in for just the interview if we choose that route and they never said anything about that.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not to speak for TM nor Turkey, but normally in DCF the USC must be there at the initial filing interview, but not at the final interview with the beneficiary.
This is what I was trying to say. I might have not been clear but all the USC needs to do is be present at the initial interview. I don't think there is any follow up interview in Turkey
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:02 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tmushen
The intial filing is just sending in the documents so I don't think you need to be there for that. I emailed Turkey quite a few times stating that I would fly in for just the interview if we choose that route and they never said anything about that.
Hmmmmm.....I'd double check that. Perhaps they confused interview(s). I am 99.9% sure you must be there to actually file the initial I-130 and associated documents- or at least Madrid was that way.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:04 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hyper.
Dont need to thank me
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahaaaaaaaaa! Now I see. I didn't realize there were two interviews when DCF-ing. Or, as T says, perhaps only the first one but not the second one. This keeps getting more interesting!

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmmmmm.....I'd double check that. Perhaps they confused interview(s). I am 99.9% sure you must be there to actually file the initial I-130 and associated documents- or at least Madrid was that way.
I have the insturctions from Turkey already and the initial filing is only accepted via UPS. They don't accept anything in person. In the instructions it says if everything is in order they will grant an interview 5 days later. If the docuemnts are wrong or missing they send everything back to you with a checklist to correct whatever is wrong.

Hmmmmm maybe a process BCIS should follow. If documents are missing or wrong when they arrive then issue an RFE and not after 90 days. If you can cash our checks at the begining you can surely check to see if we have all documents in order.

Thus RFE issued after 90 days should be to actually prove something to the officer instead of correcting a form (N/A vs NONE) or sending in a missing form.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:14 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I have the insturctions from Turkey already and the initial filing is only accepted via UPS. They don't accept anything in person. In the instructions it says if everything is in order they will grant an interview 5 days later. If the docuemnts are wrong or missing they send everything back to you with a checklist to correct whatever is wrong.

Hmmmmm maybe a process BCIS should follow. If documents are missing or wrong when they arrive then issue an RFE and not after 90 days. If you can cash our checks at the begining you can surely check to see if we have all documents in order.

Thus RFE issued after 90 days should be to actually prove something to the officer instead of correcting a form (N/A vs NONE) or sending in a missing form.
I see- I didn't know that the initial petition was only accepted by UPS (nor that UPS was in Turkey )

In Spain we were given an interview when we applied/filed together; then 4 weeks later Cathy was given one. Neither one was very inetense, nor frightening.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Right from the Packet:

STEP 1: Send a petition and application for an immigrant visa to the Embassy via UPS. You may not drop off your documents at the Embassy. You will receive a response to your UPS five working days after it is received. If your petition is incomplete, it will be returned to you with instructions on what documents are missing. If your petition is complete, we will send you a letter scheduling an appointment for an interview. Your appointment is usually scheduled for a few days after you receive this letter.

STEP 2: Attend an interview at the Embassy. Both the U.S. citizen petitioner and foreign spouse must attend an interview at the Embassy in Ankara. At the interview, you will be asked to provide a few additional documents as well as proof of your relationship. If the consular officer conducting the interview is satisfied with your documents and relationship, you will receive a receipt for an immigrant visa. A visa will be sent via UPS to your address in Turkey within five working days. NOTE: Some Turkish applicants and all Iranian applicants require extensive security checks prior to issuance of the visa. These checks generally take between six to eight weeks or longer. No visa for these applicants can be issued until all clearances are received.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:18 pm
Mrraveltay

Hypertweeky wrote:

> Originally posted by ironporer
    >
    >
    >>Not to speak for TM nor Turkey, but normally in DCF the USC must be
    >>there at the initial filing interview, but not at the final interview
    >>with the beneficiary.
    >

> Really?? I didnt know that!!
    >

They have to be there for filing because the USC has to file the I-130.
The actual visa interview is the same as for a non DCF filed I-130,
where there is no requirement for the USC to be present.

Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Right from the Packet:

STEP 1: Send a petition and application for an immigrant visa to the Embassy via UPS. You may not drop off your documents at the Embassy. You will receive a response to your UPS five working days after it is received. If your petition is incomplete, it will be returned to you with instructions on what documents are missing. If your petition is complete, we will send you a letter scheduling an appointment for an interview. Your appointment is usually scheduled for a few days after you receive this letter.

STEP 2: Attend an interview at the Embassy. Both the U.S. citizen petitioner and foreign spouse must attend an interview at the Embassy in Ankara. At the interview, you will be asked to provide a few additional documents as well as proof of your relationship. If the consular officer conducting the interview is satisfied with your documents and relationship, you will receive a receipt for an immigrant visa. A visa will be sent via UPS to your address in Turkey within five working days. NOTE: Some Turkish applicants and all Iranian applicants require extensive security checks prior to issuance of the visa. These checks generally take between six to eight weeks or longer. No visa for these applicants can be issued until all clearances are received.
So, it sounds like according to this, if I were to fly there, get married, and DCF, the whole thing might take about 3 or 4 months. I added time for doing the actual marriage and filing papers for that, if any...and because Sadegh's security check will take a good 8 weeks at least. Something to keep in mind if we get denied the K1 for some reason. I wonder if a K1 denial would affect the ability to DCF?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Noorah101
So, it sounds like according to this, if I were to fly there, get married, and DCF, the whole thing might take about 3 or 4 months. I added time for doing the actual marriage and filing papers for that, if any...and because Sadegh's security check will take a good 8 weeks at least. Something to keep in mind if we get denied the K1 for some reason. I wonder if a K1 denial would affect the ability to DCF?
Let's see my I130 was supposdly put on an Officer's desk on 12/29. I was told depending on the workload on his/her desk it will take 2 to 4 weeks. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks. Maybe I will wait a few more weeks but that doesn't stop NVC from holding it there for months which according to our luck seems very possible.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:40 pm

Let's see my I130 was supposdly put on an Officer's desk on 12/29. I was told depending on the workload on his/her desk it will take 2 to 4 weeks. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks. Maybe I will wait a few more weeks but that doesn't stop NVC from holding it there for months which according to our luck seems very possible.
Aww Tmushen.. lets pray for a quick I-130 processing!!!
You might as well get your I-129 approved before though
Old Jan 20th 2004, 10:45 pm

Sorry for harping on the same issue....might be my dense feeling today...but,

Wouldn't NVC's Condor security check time frame remain unchanged no matter how you went through the process (i.e. I-129F, I-130, DCF)

I thought even when you DCF, the consulate still sends security checks through NVC. So if you're worried about a long wait at NVC at this stage, you'd probably worry about it during DCF as well.

Am I wrong in my thinking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.