Wikiposts

Withdraw

Old Jan 20th 2004, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Withdraw

I can't take this anymore so does anyone know how to withdraw my applications in the US so I can file in Turkey?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 1:37 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Withdraw

Originally posted by tmushen
I can't take this anymore so does anyone know how to withdraw my applications in the US so I can file in Turkey?
Simply send in a certified letter to the service center asking that your petition be withdrawn.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 1:39 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

but you're soo close.. I know its frustrating, believe me.. some people just seem to get hit with everything.. rfe's, waivers, more delays.. grrr... but the pot of gold is right there.. give it another couple of weeks.. I know its painful to wait.. I have no idea how long my wait will be.. its been 5 weeks.. which is nothing compared to some people.. however I am sure anyone waiting right now is yelling "hurry up already, I NEED to be with my honey!

and then we wait some more..
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

JanFree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by souls canuck
but you're soo close.. I know its frustrating, believe me.. some people just seem to get hit with everything.. rfe's, waivers, more delays.. grrr... but the pot of gold is right there.. give it another couple of weeks.. I know its painful to wait.. I have no idea how long my wait will be.. its been 5 weeks.. which is nothing compared to some people.. however I am sure anyone waiting right now is yelling "hurry up already, I NEED to be with my honey!

and then we wait some more..
Don't give up!! As soon as you do your approval may come then what? I know it is so damn frustrating to be in limbo but it will happen...most of us have waited a long time and do understand what you're going through but we also know that it does happen which is why I would encourage you to hang on.
My husband has been waiting since July of 2002, we had some bad advice from our first attorney which delayed us for months. Then we had to start the process all over again...we did and now he is waiting for his interview date. It's hell I know...but starting over may cause you even more time.

We are pulling for you here...

Jane
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:15 am
Danny Davis

I have a question about this myself.
Do you have to withdraw your petition to file in your spouse/fiancé's home
country?

If you don't have to withdraw You may get your approval while you are
preparing to go. Then if not, can you withdraw ex post facto?

Hang in there. I know limbo well. the events of 9/11 changed my plans from
DCF to K1. I didn't know what to do for 3 months after.

Good Luck,
Dan Davis
"tmushen" <member16500@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I can't take this anymore so does anyone know how to withdraw my
    > applications in the US so I can file in Turkey?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Danny Davis
I have a question about this myself.
Do you have to withdraw your petition to file in your spouse/fiancé's home
country?

If you don't have to withdraw You may get your approval while you are
preparing to go. Then if not, can you withdraw ex post facto?

Hang in there. I know limbo well. the events of 9/11 changed my plans from
DCF to K1. I didn't know what to do for 3 months after.

Good Luck,
Dan Davis
"tmushen" <member16500@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I can't take this anymore so does anyone know how to withdraw my
    > applications in the US so I can file in Turkey?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am so confused as what to do and I am paying a lawyer who is good for nothing. Basically the decision is up to me as he is not pushing me one way or the other.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:02 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am so confused as what to do and I am paying a lawyer who is good for nothing. Basically the decision is up to me as he is not pushing me one way or the other.
Did you get in touch with your congressman or your senator?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Dorceia is an unknown quantity at this point

Try not to give up! I know its difficult. They lost our first petition we sent two years ago and we didn't find out until several months later. I miss my husband madly. We are approved now for the I130, but the wait continues. Good Luck to you and your wife. It will happen.

Last edited by Dorceia; Jan 20th 2004 at 7:02 am.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

try to hang on please.... it won't be long now...
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:43 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Who says you have to withdraw? The consulate hasn't received anything from the NVC, so there's nothing to withdraw. If you succeed with the DCF, then you should go ahead and withdraw the pending petitions with USCIS.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Who says you have to withdraw? The consulate hasn't received anything from the NVC, so there's nothing to withdraw. If you succeed with the DCF, then you should go ahead and withdraw the pending petitions with USCIS.
This is what I was thinking of doing. I say I am confused because I thought about doing this in November before we got our RFE. I said in November I will wait a little longer. I don't want to be saying the same thing in 3 months from now that I should have filed through DCF in January. I have no faith in this system especially after talking to these morons on the 800 number.

When you get responses from Immigration Officers like why are you calling here or I know you feel like your getting railroaded but this is the the why it is there is only so much a person could take. By the way the Officer's name who told me this shit and then proceeded to hang up on me goes by the name of Officer Wilkins. I actually got her twice in a row. The first call she told me my application was pending without even asking for my receipt number.

I thought about filing a complaint but why should I waste my time it won't change anything. Getting abck to what I was saying even after approval because my wife is from turkey I am sure the approved application will sit at NVC for months.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:54 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

We were watching out for your approval.....we still don't have ours either.

Since Sid will be here this weekend we had made plans about just going down to Frankfurt embassy and ask if DCF was possible. There is contradicting info about Germany's requirement of US citizen residing in Germany in order to do DCF.

After long talks we just decided to keep our original K3 plans.

It just seems too insecure to trade in our long wait at MSC for something which might have its "bumps in the road" again.

We understand your desperation....

A little bit off topic, but then again not. I had posted about my personal misery of not having a job etc because of premature plans. Since 1st jan I have been unemployed with no unemployment money to draw. I had put in some job applications and made lots of ph calls. Last Sunday I was very desperate and asked for a job at Burger King. I could have been hired right away, but not fulltime. I gave it a quick thorough thought...was this really what I wanted and needed? I had a few ads pending.
And do you know what....I am so glad I waited. Today while I was on my way for another job interview I had the relieving call from a place I had applied at....I had a fulltime job. Temporary for the next few months as long as I need it...and its not a bad job either. At least in my situation. I can even sit on my butt and do a bit of computer work.
This is my little story in these painfull times....my guts told me to wait just a little bit longer.

Wishing you all the best on what ever you will decide!
Sid & Angelika
Old Jan 20th 2004, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SidAngelika

Since Sid will be here this weekend we had made plans about just going down to Frankfurt embassy and ask if DCF was possible. There is contradicting info about Germany's requirement of US citizen residing in Germany in order to do DCF.
Hi

In order to do DCF in Germany, the US citizen must hold a residency card in Germany. We had looked into it as well.

Kari
Old Jan 20th 2004, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by SidAngelika
We were watching out for your approval.....we still don't have ours either.

After long talks we just decided to keep our original K3 plans.

It just seems too insecure to trade in our long wait at MSC for something which might have its "bumps in the road" again.

We understand your desperation....

A little bit off topic, but then again not. I had posted about my personal misery of not having a job etc because of premature plans. Since 1st jan I have been unemployed with no unemployment money to draw. I had put in some job applications and made lots of ph calls. Last Sunday I was very desperate and asked for a job at Burger King. I could have been hired right away, but not fulltime. I gave it a quick thorough thought...was this really what I wanted and needed? I had a few ads pending.
And do you know what....I am so glad I waited. Today while I was on my way for another job interview I had the relieving call from a place I had applied at....I had a fulltime job. Temporary for the next few months as long as I need it...and its not a bad job either. At least in my situation. I can even sit on my butt and do a bit of computer work.
This is my little story in these painfull times....my guts told me to wait just a little bit longer.

Wishing you all the best on what ever you will decide!
Sid & Angelika
I happy to here that you got a job. Each day I get more angry because my father who is almost 80 year old (Yes he was 50 when I was born) is getting more ill. He was perfectly healthy until a few months ago and all of sudden his blood pressure went through the roof. This is on my mind and the what if scenario. It makes me so upset that I have to think about this stuff but I would like my father to see me and wife as husband and wife. Yes he has met my wife but he has never met her children or seen us together as husband and wife.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 6:11 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

He can outline your options and give you the pros and cons of each, but ultimately the decision is yours to make.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.