Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Wise.com - New verification Process

Wise.com - New verification Process

Old Nov 7th 2023, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wise.com - New verification Process

Originally Posted by fidobsa
When I use them I can't do it at home on my desktop as I live in a rural location with no phone signal. The bank and Wise both send verification codes by text, although with Wise you have the option of getting the code by Whatsapp. I have to go to a cafe that has wifi and do the transfer using my phone. Last time I did it I had forgotten that they also ask for postcode, which I could barely remember and is not on my residence card. In future I will have to remember to take something with my address.
I have the Wise app downloaded on my phone it is used for verification when logging in. When I log in I am asked to authenticate through the app, when I open the app it asks me if I am trying to login and if so to click confirm. Works much better than text messages with verification codes to receive then type in.

My bank is the same, it’s app is used as the authentication for logging in.
Old Nov 8th 2023, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxibob
I also had to go through this verification process at the end of last week. Have been using Wise for a few years. This was the first time I have had to verify my identity
Same here. When I tried to transfer my pension payment I was required to enter my SS number and take a photo of my ID (driving license) and of myself with my cell phone, which I did. There was no message that the verification had been successful, I was just able to then carry on and do the transfer.

The fee for my transfers now works out at 0.45%. It used to work out at 0.37%.

Old Nov 16th 2023, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Another data point: I just put through a transfer and wasn't asked for any additional verification. I am in the US. This was logged in through a browser rather than the app.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

FIs are required to keep accurate records of their customers and overseas transactions, so they will ask to re-confirm ID from time to time.
Old Dec 6th 2023, 6:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It seems that the best part of four weeks isn't enough notice for my pension payer to change which account receives it so I used Wise again. Transfer went through as usual. No additional ID needed.
And again for this month's payment. Same process again.
Old Jan 4th 2024, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

I was certainly glad that I read the B.E. Information on the new Wise verification. I used Wise for the first time in a year yesterday and was prepared for the new process. Yes, did all the requirements that other posts had suggested and the whole process took about ten minutes extra.
without reading the B.E. Posts first I probably would have thought “ Red Flags” ...... Thanks all.
Old Jan 6th 2024, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm US based and recently did a Wise transfer to here... and, yes, I too had to go through this new verification process.
Old Jan 7th 2024, 12:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
And again for this month's payment. Same process again.
Ditto this month as the civil service pension has once again not been updated yet.

Canada based, no additional verification needed.
Old Jan 8th 2024, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I did a transfer today, the first since mid October last year. This time there was an additional verification stage. A photo was divided into boxes and I had to click on the ones containing motorcycles. I think I got it wrong first time as I also clicked boxes that may have only been the rider, not the bike. Second image was of 2 bicycles, this time I didn't click on the riders and it let me in.
Old Jan 8th 2024, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

I recently went through the verification but in my case, I was trying to update the phone number on my account prior to receiving a transfer from Blighty.

They required a selfie with my passport visible in the picture. Took less than an hour to authorize.
Old Jan 8th 2024, 5:37 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by chawkins99
They required a selfie with my passport visible in the picture. Took less than an hour to authorize.
I saw something the other day that mentioned people dying taking selfies.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 8:55 pm
Oscar nominated

The agency making my civil service pension payments has yet again failed to change the bank so I had to use Wise again.

Still no change in the procedure, although I did notice a slightly different appearance on a couple of the screen pages.
Old Apr 4th 2024, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

ging will become famous soon enoughging will become famous soon enough

I am thinking about signing up with Wise to bring my UK gov’t pension over to Canada, and thought I’d get general opinions, good and bad, from you current users. Anything to watch out for?
Old Apr 4th 2024, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Very good.... easy to set up and easy to transfer money.... I set up with Wise to transfer my UK State pension when Citibank stopped UK accounts.
Old Apr 4th 2024, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ging
I am thinking about signing up with Wise to bring my UK gov’t pension over to Canada, and thought I’d get general opinions, good and bad, from you current users. Anything to watch out for?
I have been very pleased using Wise and have it linked to my US pension account for bringing the money over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.