Why Americans don't like Obamacare

Why Americans don't like Obamacare

Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Why Americans don't like Obamacare

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Wow. Just, Wow.
and wow, wow, wow.........from me too.....
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I seriously despair of someone who thinks it's right for a teacher to be packing heat.
They are seriously in need of help......
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Their teachers should be able to carry, as should their parents.
I strongly disagree, Charteuse! Schools should be a place of safety, well as safe as can be expected. The thought of anyone walking around a school with a concealed weapon, whether it be staff, parent or child is just crazy.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:20 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
They are seriously in need of help......
Perhaps, as you say, it's a sign of sever mental illness and folks who hold that view should be locked away without due process. Or weren't y'all saying that wouldn't happen? Didn't take long, did it?

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I strongly disagree, Charteuse! Schools should be a place of safety, well as safe as can be expected. The thought of anyone walking around a school with a concealed weapon, whether it be staff, parent or child is just crazy.
That's OK. It's a free country, we're allowed to disagree with each other.

But since folks are, apparently, worried that there's all these psychos running around murdering everyone, surely an armed teacher or two would make the school more safe, rather than less?
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Schools as with home should be a safe haven for kids; not some war zone.

It is not the "right" of any individual to bear arms.......
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Steerpike
You seriously think I'm advocating an end to the war on drugs because it will be a 'convenience' for me? Are you suggesting that I am a drug-user (or seller?) who would personally benefit from such a change?! I'm over 50 years old and haven't seriously contemplated using illegal drugs for decades. I had a wonderful time at University, indulging in every manner of mind-altering substance, but at this point I struggle to finish a second beer. Prescription pain-killers are perhaps my closest foray into 'drugs' at this point. And if I wanted to indulge in illegal drugs, I have enough friends with contacts that it makes no difference to me whether they are illegal or not. I'm opposed to the 'war on drugs' because it causes our jails, our courts, our probation systems, etc to be filled with people who don't really belong there and who displace 'real' criminals who should be in that system. It gives purpose to an entire underworld of 'serious' drug cartels, with all the attendant problems they cause (look at Mexico, Columbia...). Further, de-criminalizing drugs will open a much-needed source of revenue. This is a very serious topic and has nothing whatsoever to do with 'convenience' for me.

Unlike you, though, I don't believe that every politician is inherently evil and every politician's action is motivated by greed.

Why do you always have to revert to attacking the motives, or the mental ability, of a poster? It should not matter what a poster's motives are - either their argument is valid, or it is not, and you should address the 'content and substance' of the argument, rather than attempt to diminish the argument because of the poster's motivations. You frequently adopt a superior attitude in your posts, dismissing those who disagree with you based on your perceived superior intellect or moral position.
Actually, I was referring to the employment related bit of your post. It seemed relevant, in the context of the smug way you're always going on about all the hiring and firing that you do.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps, as you say, it's a sign of sever mental illness and folks who hold that view should be locked away without due process. Or weren't y'all saying that wouldn't happen? Didn't take long, did it?

That's OK. It's a free country, we're allowed to disagree with each other.

But since folks are, apparently, worried that there's all these psychos running around murdering everyone, surely an armed teacher or two would make the school more safe, rather than less?
Chartreuse, we need schools to be safe. Children need to know that they can go to school and not have to worry about what teacher is going to go off the deep end because Johnny can't figure out how to multiply and they're tired of explaining for the umpteenth time.

Seriously, I'm not a gun fan, and never have been. It saddens me to know that some people think its necessary to own one. But that's their life, not mine. However, I draw the line at even thinking that guns belong in schools. In fact that is so far removed from a rational thought that it doesn't bear discussion. I'm going to go with the thought that you're pulling our legs.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:42 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Their teachers should be able to carry, as should their parents.
I would no sooner rely upon a school teacher to prevent crime than I would rely upon a policeman to teach history or biology.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Adding more guns to the mix won't make it safer, unless they're trained to use them in a stressful situation.

It's just like the whole idea of guns for personal protection, generally, it's a bit of a myth ain't it.

Like the article said above, person didn't know who was good/bad, didn't want to get mistook, didn't want to make matters worse. There are plenty of people who are not that level headed and would have made a bad situation worse.

That does not mean I don't think people should be allowed guns, but don't go pretending it's for the better of society and safety to have one, certainly in carrying one around in every day life.

Cops, pimps, hookers and dealers are about the only folks who can probably honestly say having a gun will make them more safer.

The rest, they have guns just because they want them and are allowed. That's a perfectly fine reason in itself. Why dress it up?
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

andy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Healthcare... perhaps, but I'll give it 10-20 years before deciding if it's been an historic change.

Bringing troops home? I don't think any leader has ever gone down in the history books for bringing troops home from wars without a decisive victory.

Being black? He will most certainly be in the history books for that, and I think it's a great thing for America... but it neither adds nor detracts from his political achievements.
er? VIETNAM ?
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
I would no sooner rely upon a school teacher to prevent crime than I would rely upon a policeman to teach history or biology.
Clearly we need to recruit teachers on their ability to shoot as opposed to their ability to teach.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy1
er? VIETNAM ?
Yes that was a watershed moment in the history of America's most popular and beloved president of all time.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Clearly we need to recruit teachers on their ability to shoot as opposed to their ability to teach.
Might be a better idea than recruiting them on the basis if their ability to play union politics as opposed to their ability to teach.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Yes that was a watershed moment in the history of America's most popular and beloved president of all time.
The sarcasm drips.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
The sarcasm drips.
Sometimes I just shake my head.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.