Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Who else is concerned about trip to UK for Christmas with family?

Who else is concerned about trip to UK for Christmas with family?

Old Dec 20th 2020, 6:13 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is concerned about trip to UK for Christmas with family?

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
me too.
I cancelled my trip 3 hours before check in.
Good for you. Not a good time to travel anywhere really.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 6:20 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I have to agree with Hiro11. Simply cannot fathom why anyone would put their health or the health of loved one and friends in the line of fire by flying there for the holidays.

Frankly, my oldest daughter is dying of cancer and has perhaps 2 months left to live and it is only now that her one and only sibling will be chancing flying here to see her sister before the end. All precautions will be taken to keep the virus from her by her sister getting the c-19 test before visiting and wearing a mask and washing and sanitizing her hands.

I'd rather see family and friends online, zoom, facetime or skype than face to face this holiday season. I consider the fact they are healthy to be a gift that I would not jeopardize by needing a physical hug.

So sorry Rete. I had a SIL die of cancer two months ago, and the other SIL has lung cancer. She just got over having Covid! She is in a rehab facility, as the cancer caused her not to be able to walk. Covid was brought in by the staff, as no visitors allowed. Our niece is an RN there, and she caught it also. Hope your other daughter has a safe trip. Thinking of you.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the US is under pressure to ban all flights from the UK.

I wouldn’t travel anywhere during this pandemic. Things can change so quickly...you may not be able to get back home.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 11:37 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

So relieved I did not make plans to travel to Hull this week. I was originally undecided, but I went with my gut and so glad I did.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

jammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I wouldn’t travel anywhere during this pandemic. Things can change so quickly...you may not be able to get back home.
Where did you read the US is under pressure?
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jammiie
sorry I can’t remember. Maybe I should have said ‘reviewing’ flights from the UK.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jammiie
One obvious example is the State of New York. The Governor has said, and with some justification, that flights from UK to US should be suspended for a while.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1776953.html
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Hiro11. Simply cannot fathom why anyone would put their health or the health of loved one and friends in the line of fire by flying there for the holidays.

Frankly, my oldest daughter is dying of cancer and has perhaps 2 months left to live and it is only now that her one and only sibling will be chancing flying here to see her sister before the end. All precautions will be taken to keep the virus from her by her sister getting the c-19 test before visiting and wearing a mask and washing and sanitizing her hands.

I'd rather see family and friends online, zoom, facetime or skype than face to face this holiday season. I consider the fact they are healthy to be a gift that I would not jeopardize by needing a physical hug.
Independently of everything else, I am very sorry for your news and what you and your family must be going through.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

jammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
One obvious example is the State of New York. The Governor has said, and with some justification, that flights from UK to US should be suspended for a while.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1776953.html
He's now calling for pre-flight testing instead which BA have agreed to already.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-...-to-ny-1349358

Hopefully, this becomes the precedent instead of a ban.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

After reading about a lady who had 4 covid tests done with only 1 coming back positive, I wonder how accurate these pre-flight tests are and if they are effective and reducing infected from getting on a plane.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 6:55 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

My son was en-route from Edinburgh back to the USA when BoJo did his announcement. The original plan ( made a few months ago) was that he and I would meet in London and have lunch/dinner together and he would continue on to Austin the following day. Then that got changed when London went into Tier 3 - so we arranged to meet at my mate's house near Banbury. Then I cancelled and we immediately brought his flight forward 24 hours. Apparently a lot of other people on his flight had done the same thing - it was a whole 30% full!
BA gave me a "future travel voucher". If they're still in business I will use it but not planning to go anywhere anytime soon.
I'm certain it was the right thing for me to do but I am gutted. The last 6 months have been really, really hard for me ( not just CV19 stuff) and this short vacation had been the light at the end of the long tunnel that kept me going.
Rete - I am so unbelievably saddened to hear your news about your daughter. My most heartfelt wishes to you all. That and a big virtual hug.

Old Dec 21st 2020, 7:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, PF.

My daughter passed away this morning. She didn't even have the 2 months they originally gave her. Her light will join with the Bethlehem Star this evening.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, PF.

My daughter passed away this morning. She didn't even have the 2 months they originally gave her. Her light will join with the Bethlehem Star this evening.
Oh Rete i am so so sorry. Thinking of you and your whole family . Big hugs, take care my friend x
Old Dec 21st 2020, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, PF.

I am sorry to here Rete.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Please post your condolences to Rete here

https://britishexpats.com/forum/loun.../#post12948537

I have moved a few posts from this thread over to that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.