Where would you go?

Old Jun 21st 2021, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where would you go?

If you were to find yourself in the US with nothing but the clothes on your back, where state or city would you go to?

Old Jun 21st 2021, 11:22 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where would you go?

Are we assuming that you are 'fresh off the boat' and therefore have no access to credit or any type of finance?

Probably back on the plane from whence I came in that situation.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 1:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Calais, Maine.
Then I could pop across the border to St Stephen and be back in New Brunswick

Seattle maybe?
Old Jun 21st 2021, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

San Fran

Free shopping
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 12:19 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If you were to find yourself in the US with nothing but the clothes on your back, where state or city would you go to?
How can you go anywhere without a DL or ID for flying?

Assuming I had ID and I could find an actual pay phone I would call United on the 800 number to book a miles ticket to Maui, I have a card already linked for the minimal domestic taxes. And then call the IHG or Hilton 800 number and cash in some points for a beach front room, if I had my passport I would probably do Tahiti instead.

You can explain to the MRS where I went…
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 4:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Is this about survival or just starting afresh with some resources?

Homeless and penniless you'd need somewhere to stay, so somewhere with resources that can offer that sort of thing. That would usually mean the bigger cities but the problem there is that everyone in that situation heads there and it's all oversubscribed.

So you need a smaller city which has much less funding for such things but maybe you can get into the system more quickly.

If it's uprooting, then probably something similar to what made me pick Moncton.

But research, if you can do it, for both scenarios.