British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Where is the anger? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/where-anger-940577/)

TexanScot Sep 13th 2021 11:12 pm

Re: Where is the anger?

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050960)
Vaccine may well help restrict symptoms to the individual but does zero regarding transmission or herd immunity

Case in point right here.

BEVS Sep 13th 2021 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by TexanScot (Post 13050963)

Yes. The poster illustrated your words exactly.

karenkaren1 Sep 13th 2021 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by TexanScot (Post 13050963)

and so it completely baffles me why there is the pressure to vaccinate healthy kids. crazy times indeed

BristolUK Sep 14th 2021 12:25 am

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050960)
thats really not true. look at Israel, a leader in vaccination per capita and HUGE covid spike despite that. Vaccine may well help restrict symptoms to the individual but does zero regarding transmission or herd immunity

There are numerous studies all over that have shown that fully vaccinated people, when they are infected, are infectious for a shorter period than the unvaccinated and that when transmitting the virus it is a much lower covid load.

See, that is what TexanScot is referring to when saying people don't always understand stuff and describes your incorrect claim that the vaccines have zero effect in transmission as a case in point.

tht Sep 14th 2021 12:36 am

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050968)
and so it completely baffles me why there is the pressure to vaccinate healthy kids. crazy times indeed

I think the idea is to keep them out of the ICU / from dying:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kids-sick-covid-are-filling-children-s-hospitals-areas-seeing-n1276238

In my experience all vaccines are given to health people.. that’s how they work…

And you will need a bunch of them if you plan to get your green card:
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...orms/i-693.pdf

TexanScot Sep 14th 2021 12:43 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13050982)
There are numerous studies all over that have shown that fully vaccinated people, when they are infected, are infectious for a shorter period than the unvaccinated and that when transmitting the virus it is a much lower covid load.

I believe the delta variant is significant in that IF vaccinated people become infected their viral load is as high as the unvaccinated, but the underlying point still holds in that they are still significantly less likely to become infected in the first place.

There’s also the oft under-appreciated fact that your symptoms are probably going to be a lot milder if you’re vaccinated, so if you DO contract the virus and your viral load IS higher then you’re still less likely to transmit the virus; you won’t be coughing and spluttering as much as you would be if you were unvaccinated.

So you’re less likely to catch it, less likely to pass it on, and if you ARE unlucky enough to catch it then you probably won’t end up in the ICU or the morgue.

Gosh, they’ll even be telling us that the vaccines are free next…

karenkaren1 Sep 14th 2021 12:43 am

[QUOTE=tht;13050984]I think the idea is to keep them out of the ICU / from dying:

'healthy' kids are neither in ICU or dying tho.... my neighbor works at a children's hospital in Miami, she has never seen a pediatric covid hospitalization to date that doesn't have pre-existing illness and/or obesity

karenkaren1 Sep 14th 2021 12:48 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13050982)

See, that is what TexanScot is referring to when saying people don't always understand stuff and describes your incorrect claim that the vaccines have zero effect in transmission as a case in point.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ted/ar-AAMLwaK

TexanScot Sep 14th 2021 1:19 am

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050987)

As I said, we’re talking about a reduction in your likelihood of becoming infected in the first place, not your viral load or your likelihood of transmitting it if you’re unlucky enough to become infected.

Two closely related but very different things.

if you want to argue the science then you need to understand the difference.

tht Sep 14th 2021 2:29 am

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050568)
and I am good enough to employ US citizens, do my bit for the economy and pay my taxes. FYI no-one knew there would be a pandemic with contradictory restrictions. Some of us work damn hard to be here, we aren't handed it on a silver platter by just marrying an American! seems that route gives 'some' people the right to be sanctimonious

I thought you were here on an L2? That’s just a derivative visa based on being a dependent, so basically the same thing… you get a visa by virtue of being married to the L1..

karenkaren1 Sep 14th 2021 2:45 am

Originally Posted by tht (Post 13051002)
I thought you were here on an L2? That’s just a derivative visa based on being a dependent, so basically the same thing… you get a visa by virtue of being married to the L1..

semantics. we both own the business and jointly decided which visas would be best....but good work detective

spouse of scouse Sep 14th 2021 3:53 am

Question: Where is the anger?

Answer: Found it, a whole thread full of it!

:getcoat:

scrubbedexpat097 Sep 14th 2021 4:27 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 13051016)
Question: Where is the anger?

Answer: Found it, a whole thread full of it!

:getcoat:

It has a bit of everything really. From Anger to sarcasm to medical experts and political experts. You know the usual..:p

spouse of scouse Sep 14th 2021 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 13051019)
It has a bit of everything really. From Anger to sarcasm to medical experts and political experts. You know the usual..:p

It's all here :lol:

I see there's a hurricane in your neck of the woods, I hope you and everyone there gets through it ok xx

BristolUK Sep 14th 2021 11:29 am

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050987)

One variant where there may be a similar load passed on by someone far less likely to get it in the first place and still less likely to pass it on because they are infectious for a shorter period.

"Case in point"

But this is, of course, why people have been promoting caution while vaccinated as opposed to discouraging the use of vaccines. :rolleyes: