British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Where is the anger? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/where-anger-940577/)

karenkaren1 Sep 12th 2021 8:35 pm

Re: Where is the anger?

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 13050594)
Don't like being called out do we?

You don't get to determine how someone responds to you on a public forum. We Americans like our free speech :nod:

”we Americans” 🙄. You must really u enjoy being sanctimonious on an immigration forum as you aren’t in the process yourself. Maybe you should get a new hobby.

civilservant Sep 12th 2021 8:42 pm

Do you even know what sanctimonious means?

I certainly don't know where I've claimed to be morally superior. I just don't agree with your opinion in any way at all. Apparently there are others that agree with me.

I do however stand by my original point. You know the rules when you came in, and you should have considered the possibilities. Failing to do so is not cause to now throw your toys out of the pram, and certainly isn't a reason to go running around BE throwing labels around.

As long as COVID remains a global threat, I am in favor of suspension of all international travel, so no, I'm not angry about it at all.

I'm certainly not angry enough to be calling people names!!

on an immigration forum as you aren’t in the process yourself,
I must have missed that in the forum rules :rolleyes:

robin1234 Sep 12th 2021 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050597)
”we Americans” 🙄. You must really u enjoy being sanctimonious on an immigration forum as you aren’t in the process yourself. Maybe you should get a new hobby.

Remember this is not just an immigration forum. In fact, most people who hang out here & chat have done with immigration, years or decades ago. I guess civilservant can be a bit of a sanctimonious pillock, but hey - it’s all part of life’s rich tapestry. ;)

civilservant Sep 12th 2021 8:45 pm

I guess civilservant can be a bit of a sanctimonious pillock, but hey - it’s all part of life’s rich tapestry.
That's how to insult someone and make them laugh about it :nod:

robin1234 Sep 12th 2021 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 13050601)
That's how to insult someone and make them laugh about it :nod:

There you go! Now I’m off to TIO.

Jerseygirl Sep 12th 2021 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050597)

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 13050599)
Remember this is not just an immigration forum. In fact, most people who hang out here & chat have done with immigration, years or decades ago. I guess civilservant can be a bit of a sanctimonious pillock, but hey - it’s all part of life’s rich tapestry. ;)

FYI this is the general US forum…it is not one of BE’s many Immigration forums.

Now everyone play nice please and stop the sniping.

karenkaren1 Sep 12th 2021 9:46 pm

excellent article
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...ff563ipuoamd4M

jjmb Sep 12th 2021 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 13050607)
FYI this is the general US forum…it is not one of BE’s many Immigration forums.

Now everyone play nice please and stop the sniping.

where's the fun in that, Jerseygirl :rofl: nothing like a good old tiff in the forum. Turns out Karenkaren has a very apt name.

civilservant Sep 12th 2021 9:51 pm

I can answer the question posited in that article in one word.

Politics.

Right now there is no political upside for Biden to do this, only downside.

Turns out Karenkaren has a very apt name.
:rofl:

Jerseygirl Sep 12th 2021 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by jjmb (Post 13050616)
where's the fun in that, Jerseygirl :rofl: nothing like a good old tiff in the forum. Turns out Karenkaren has a very apt name.

I did consider asking her if she wanted to change her unfortunate username. :D

karenkaren1 Sep 12th 2021 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by jjmb (Post 13050616)

thankfully not my real name. happy to be anonymous on public forums albeit im sure it makes a few of the members on this thread feel like they are in good company. now remember what u have been told....no more sniping !

Jerseygirl Sep 12th 2021 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by karenkaren1 (Post 13050622)
thankfully not my real name. happy to be anonymous on public forums albeit im sure it makes a few of the members on this thread feel like they are in good company. now remember what u have been told....no more sniping !

If you do decide to change your username, PM me with a new name.

Former Lancastrian Sep 12th 2021 10:24 pm

Should have chosen Canada as we are more friendlier. :yield:

scrubbedexpat097 Sep 12th 2021 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13050628)
Should have chosen Canada as we are more friendlier. :yield:

I'm on my way!! Ooops...will you unlock the door and let me in;)

johnbrown1938 Sep 12th 2021 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 13050617)
I can answer the question posited in that article in one word.

Politics.

Right now there is no political upside for Biden to do this, only downside.

:rofl:

Perhaps we should threaten once again to cease intel sharing with the U.S and refuse U.S military access to UK airspace or waters, kick them out of all the bases oh and of course revoke their access to the fylindgales portion of the early warning detection grid whatever they call it. Apparently some or all of this has been threatened before or is understood to be the likely consequences of the UK's removal from the visa waiver program and the U.S has folded.