Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When they don't know you're British

When they don't know you're British

Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:28 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice
Default Re: When they don't know you're British

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Lots of Americans mention Man U to me, and it confuses the hell out of them when I say I have never heard of them. "Do you mean Man City?" I ask.
lol, too funny! I hear there are many LFC supporters out there as well? BTW, LFC Vs Man City this weekend...
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:43 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Master_Bulldog
lol, too funny! I hear there are many LFC supporters out there as well? BTW, LFC Vs Man City this weekend...
There are some, but I would say Livrpool are the least popular of the bigger EPL clubs, (An American who has an adjacent Seattle Sounders tickets to me is an LFC fan, and is planing a trip out there) The US being a little late to the wonders of football, means many dont quite remember LFC's glory days. Something else that confuses your average American fan is to tell thm that Liverpool are the most successful English club (that may change this year of course, if the devil gets his way).

There is a bigger LFC fan base up the road in Vancouver. I am betting you will be the only one in Tri-Cities
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:46 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

There are some, but I would say Livrpool are the least popular of the bigger EPL clubs, (An American who has an adjacent Seattle Sounders tickets to me is an LFC fan, and is planing a trip out there) The US being a little late to the wonders of football, means many dont quite remember LFC's glory days. Something else that confuses your average American fan is to tell thm that Liverpool are the most successful English club (that may change this year of course, if the devil gets his way).

There is a bigger LFC fan base up the road in Vancouver. I am betting you will be the only one in Tri-Cities

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe I should start a LFC supporters group in Washington? LOL I've converted my girlfriend to be a LFC supporter...so that's at least 2 in the Tri-Cities!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I should start a LFC supporters group in Washington?
Count me in

I've converted my girlfriend to be a LFC supporter.
Well done, my wife decided to support Arsenal. She knew supporting a certain other team would mean divorce, but she did not know that I still have a liking for Arsenal, going all the way back to their handling of the aftermath of Hillsborough, so its not as annoying to me as she was hoping. (I still dont get why she did not go for Everton, that would have annoyed)
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:02 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Count me in

Well done, my wife decided to support Arsenal. She knew supporting a certain other team would mean divorce, but she did not know that I still have a liking for Arsenal, going all the way back to their handling of the aftermath of Hillsborough, so its not as annoying to me as she was hoping. (I still dont get why she did not go for Everton, that would have annoyed)

Funny, I too have a respect for Arsenal! I see them as the LFC of the south!

Always nice to know that I have a fellow Anfield man in Washington
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I support (all be-it from a distance) MUFC
Typical Manure supporter, from a distance
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:18 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark
Typical Manure supporter, from a distance
haha, yup! I once dated a lady who lived in Manchester and I happened to be waiting for her one time in a bar when the local derby game was due to be played later that day. On hearing my southern accent so many guys wearing Man Utd shirts asked me if I knew the way to Old Trafford!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Calling them all Jim-Bob has a similar effect!

BTW, are you a LFC supporter?
That would be a "YES" to that one.

Jim.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:14 am
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
That would be a "YES" to that one.

Jim.
Excellent! Seems there are a lot of LFC supporters in the States! Going to watch the game against Man City on Monday?

YNWA
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Seems there are a lot of LFC supporters in the States! Going to watch the game against Man City on Monday?

YNWA
Working, unfortunately.

I have to drive for one of the top Mid-West Division III College Teams, on Wednesday. The first 15 minutes will consist of my apologies for England's dismal World Cup Performance.

I'll remember to take some Cookies to give to the Official's Guide Dogs, whilst I'm at it. Officials, in the US are just shit - simple as that, especially at the Amateur level. They stop the game for trivial crap, and miss blatant fouls.

Rant Over!

Jim.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Master Bulldog - yes you should start up a LFC supporters club in DC - we live there and my 21 year old son is a mad Liverpool fan - so you already have your first 3 members! Hope you make it over.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:38 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Originally Posted by katybluewater
Master Bulldog - yes you should start up a LFC supporters club in DC - we live there and my 21 year old son is a mad Liverpool fan - so you already have your first 3 members! Hope you make it over.
I'll be in Washington state, not DC

Still, nothing stopping me doing a American national LFC group!

YNWA!