Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Old May 14th 2020, 10:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do we expect Trump to lift the travel ban against UK?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I'm glad you are in good shape, but with respect you don't know what my situation is and what I'm trying to solve.

With respect, I was replying to your statement "Retirement in the US if you don't have a lot of money is a pretty sad state of affairs. Medical care is a big worry. Overall, the obstacles are huge but I don't fancy the option of not overcoming them at all."

Your post didn't specify that you were referring to your situation but rather that you were speaking of retirement in the US in general. Peace.
Old May 14th 2020, 10:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I'm trying to do some "how do I turn this mess into an opportunity" thinking myself, with return in mind. Retirement in the US if you don't have a lot of money is a pretty sad state of affairs. Medical care is a big worry. Overall, the obstacles are huge but I don't fancy the option of not overcoming them at all.
Very difficult all round . All toes and fingers crossed that a good employment opportunity in the UK comes up for you or that at least you are able to gain some employment in the USA .
Old May 14th 2020, 10:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
And so it begins. France is protesting USA attempts to secure the vaccine first through a French company.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52659510
Did you notice the last paragraph of that article?
.... The candidate vaccine is expected to enter clinical trials in the second half of 2020 and to be available by the second half of 2021.
You might want to contact the BBC and let them know that your expectation is for the vaccine to be ready for mass production by November of this year followed by rapid to roll out to polling stations.
Old May 15th 2020, 10:37 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Did you notice the last paragraph of that article?

You might want to contact the BBC and let them know that your expectation is for the vaccine to be ready for mass production by November of this year followed by rapid to roll out to polling stations.
And we can give Trump a crash course to make sure he doesn't inject into people's lungs. . Can you imagine if it comes out for late October in the USA and trump is on the campaign trail vaccinating a couple of voters with the cameras on him. I really can by the way.
Old May 15th 2020, 11:01 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine if it comes out for late October in the USA and trump is on the campaign trail vaccinating a couple of voters with the cameras on him.
I prefer not to wast my time imagining impossibilities.

That simply isn't going to happen since a vaccine will not be alienable by then.
Old May 15th 2020, 11:05 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I prefer not to wast my time imagining impossibilities.

That simply isn't going to happen since a vaccine will not be alienable by then.
By no means certain the Moderna trial is still proceeding as is the Oxford and no news is good news as they say.
Old May 15th 2020, 11:11 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

no news is good news as they say
Is it fun in your head? You're delusional.
Old May 15th 2020, 11:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
Is it fun in your head? You're delusional.
These projects haven't failed yet have they? Lets have some hope here.
Old May 15th 2020, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I have hope that our court appointed moron gets cramp and can't post any more.
Old May 15th 2020, 3:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The point isn't whether they have "failed", it is what "success" means - which is a commerically available vaccine in the second half of 2021, at the earliest.
Old May 15th 2020, 3:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You're an idiot. We know there will be a vaccine. We also know it's not going to happen any time soon. That's not being without hope, that's being smart, realistic, understanding that creating a working, viable vaccine takes time so people don't die or suffer serious side effects from the vaccine. We also know it's going to take a bloody long time to get everyone who can be, vaccinated. Not everyone can be.
Old May 15th 2020, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well, hubby and I are being tested this afternoon. The elderly woman that we have been caring for has tested positive. We've no symptoms but on the advise of the clinic doctor and our own, we are doing the testing. Easy to make an appointment online through a patient portal, schedule the appointment, complete all the paperwork online and then e-check-in. The testing is done curbside.
Old May 15th 2020, 3:58 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Well, hubby and I are being tested this afternoon. The elderly woman that we have been caring for has tested positive. We've no symptoms but on the advise of the clinic doctor and our own, we are doing the testing. Easy to make an appointment online through a patient portal, schedule the appointment, complete all the paperwork online and then e-check-in. The testing is done curbside.
Oh dear . . . hope you are OK, Rete. Take care of yourself -- and hubby.
Old May 15th 2020, 4:01 pm

I hope that testing works out well for you, though I am not sure what that might mean? If I was recommended to get tested I am not sure if I would hope to test negative or "positive but asymptomatic", probably the latter.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 15th 2020 at 4:41 pm.
Old May 15th 2020, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve got everything crossed for you and him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.