What would you do

Old Oct 6th 2018, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Kimi31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What would you do

Hi all

so I'm just starting the visa journey with hubby sending in the I-130 in the next few weeks
that being said my quandary is not visa related
this could potentially be our last Xmas in the UK
but given current delays and waiting for the NVc stage of approx 6-9 + mths we could actually be here for Xmas 2019
so do we go to Florida for Xmas this year?
hubby has no leave and we're missing him.
Or wait it out and hope visa comes through quicker and we'll in Florida permanently Xmas 2109
what would you do ?? 😩
Old Oct 6th 2018, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Floridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do

My input for what its worth... moved to Florida 15 years ago after growing up and raising a family in the UK and really don't enjoy Xmas here. Take a look at the movie Love Actually (released the year I moved here). That's my memories of the festive season. Another one that reminds me of what i've missed is The Holiday with Kate Winslet,Diaz etc.....guess its time I returned
Old Oct 7th 2018, 2:19 am
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

My wife came over to the UK for my last Christmas and Hogmanay. It also gave her the opportunity to visit Scotland. Probably my last visit to Scotland for many years to come too.

Stay in the UK and make the most of the cold weather.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You and the kids have been apart from your husband and their father for many years with him living in Florida and you in the US. Of course, you are missing Christmas with him as a family. Which is more important to you and the children? Snow on the ground (possibly) or a holiday season with their father and your husband. If you are basing your decision on the weather, then you have lost the spirit of the season. If I'm wrong in that thought, my apologies.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I don't think I mentioned weather lol
i don't care if I'm in the cold
or warm
my query was I'm torn
the Gc could potentially take a long while meaning I will be in the uk for Xmas 18 & 19
my quandary was do I go to the USA this Xmas on the understanding I will "probably" still
be here in the U.K. to have a Xmas in 2019 with my family who lives here
then obviously what happens if the NVC miraculously start moving swiftly and I'm in the USA by the end of next year
i'dve missed a "last" Xmas with my grown up kids and mum
It isn't really a true advice post just a sounding off
Old Oct 13th 2018, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see that you won't be in the US before Christmas of 2019. Once the I-130 has been approved and NVC has been done and dusted it is only a matter of a few months until the US Embassy appointment will be done. I mentioned weather because your husband lives in Florida where snow and cold below 40 is a rarity while in the UK it is more normal to have those conditions.

Sorry, I didn't get that your post was a sounding off post but one where you were asking for advice and basing your decision on what others would do. Apologies for the misunderstanding. For the record when my husband and I were living apart for five years due his retirement and my continued working, one or the other would fly cross country to spend the Christmas holiday together.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

No problems
i wasn't being clear in my first post
i have that much info going through my head it often comes out garbled
lol
mynolder daughters don't have the time off over xmas
and my mum , I guess I could ask her if she wanted to come? That would be interesting lol
i'll have a look at flights and see what his nibs says
he still hasn't sent in the blasted i-130 (insert angry face here)
hes literally got everything just needs to get his fotos and photo copy the stamps in his passport showing visits here

Old Oct 17th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Cerig1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kimi,

Me, my husband and our 3 children are moving to Florida in July 2019 and are going to "make the most" of our last Christmas in the UK - Christmas markets etc!

We put through their i130 forms and tbh they were processed quite quickly.

Where abouts in Florida are you moving to? We're going to Port St Lucie.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Middleburg

hubby is in the USA tho and we are here
we're doing it from stateside first so he's submitting the I-130 etc and then we wait wait wait
he has no leave
I'm tied to school holidays and annual leave allowances
From the boards on here we could be in for a good 12 months before we're there and he hasn't even sent in the bloody forms yet 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️