Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Heavens forbid, but the long term repercussions do worry me!
You sound like by husband...I didn't give that second thought.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:07 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is, "Pince Nez" with ear hook.

Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
My brother in law did a few years ago. He had to stop driving at night because the "starring" was so bad. Visited him last weekend and he was wearing glasses again because his eyesight has deteriorated further, and he also now needs reading glasses. Every time I think about doing it, one quick visit to him puts me off!
I think I would get the night vision problem, I already did with contact lenses.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:55 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I think I would get the night vision problem, I already did with contact lenses.
Weid isn't it?
When I first wore contacts I suffered from problems with bright lights, either in a building where there were a lot of bright lights or driving at night. I don't suffer from any at of that all anymore.
The thought that I'd have night vision problems and not have the option to take my lenses out would concern me, but probably only if a Lazik doctor told me that it was likely to happen and not disappear over time.
My vision is crappy enough, without adding a problem to it that I can't sort out.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Weid isn't it?
When I first wore contacts I suffered from problems with bright lights, either in a building where there were a lot of bright lights or driving at night. I don't suffer from any at of that all anymore.
The thought that I'd have night vision problems and not have the option to take my lenses out would concern me, but probably only if a Lazik doctor told me that it was likely to happen and not disappear over time.
My vision is crappy enough, without adding a problem to it that I can't sort out.
When I was researching Lasik I used to read a website ran by an eye doctor in Chicago...Dr Horne I think his name was. The aim of the website wasn't to promote his business but to educate the public and himself.

It was a great website (I don't know whether it still exists)...I learned a lot from it. One of the neat features was a night photo of Las Vegas...you put in your prescription and it would show you a picture of what you could expect to see after laser surgery.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:18 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Weid isn't it?
Thats my view too.
And the thing is, none of these doctors can give a 100% guarantee that you won't end up with some sort of problem. Even if its less than 1% chance, if you're the unlucky one it wouldn't help much that there are 99+ other people running around extolling the virtues!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my view too.
And the thing is, none of these doctors can give a 100% guarantee that you won't end up with some sort of problem. Even if its less than 1% chance, if you're the unlucky one it wouldn't help much that there are 99+ other people running around extolling the virtues!
You only have a certain amount of cornea to play with they are reducing that to change the vision.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:27 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

You only have a certain amount of cornea to play with they are reducing that to change the vision.
Yeah, I'm working on a paper linking eye problems with long distance flying....aiming to prove that once they've shaved enough off your cornea your eyes are going to burst as they depressurize the cabin for takeoff....(I'm sure thats what those little "Sleep" masks they hand out are really for - to contain the goo)....probably never get published though
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, I'm working on a paper linking eye problems with long distance flying....aiming to prove that once they've shaved enough off your cornea your eyes are going to burst as they depressurize the cabin for takeoff....(I'm sure thats what those little "Sleep" masks they hand out are really for - to contain the goo)....probably never get published though

My husband used to work with an eye consultant, I know she didn't feel it was a good idea.

If I were younger I might consider it as glasses are a right pain, but at my age I'll just live with it, and I can read in bed without them.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:55 pm

My opticians brother is an optician in the same practice. Both wear glasses, but "apparently" the brother has had one eye lasiked. He wasn't happy with the results so didn't get the other one done. Don't know how true that is - maybe its just a line to stop business walking out the door
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My opticians brother is an optician in the same practice. Both wear glasses, but "apparently" the brother has had one eye lasiked. He wasn't happy with the results so didn't get the other one done. Don't know how true that is - maybe its just a line to stop business walking out the door
Old Oct 4th 2010, 7:31 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When I was researching Lasik I used to read a website ran by an eye doctor in Chicago...Dr Horne I think his name was. The aim of the website wasn't to promote his business but to educate the public and himself.

It was a great website (I don't know whether it still exists)...I learned a lot from it. One of the neat features was a night photo of Las Vegas...you put in your prescription and it would show you a picture of what you could expect to see after laser surgery.
Sounds a good idea!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 7:37 pm

If I were younger I might consider it as glasses are a right pain, but at my age I'll just live with it, and I can read in bed without them.
Listen to the "old" girl.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Can you imagine the mess and the horror. Dh is convinced yours eyes just fall out after x number of years.
I'll stick to glasses
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
OMG Can you imagine the mess and the horror. Dh is convinced yours eyes just fall out after x number of years.
I'll stick to glasses
He's right... you mean you didn't know that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.