British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Well things are bad and I have submitted to... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/well-things-bad-i-have-submitted-687754/)

Poppy girl Sep 28th 2010 9:38 pm

Bifocal Contact Lens

The fact that no one makes bi-focal hard lense contacts you can only get them in soft lenses, I try cannot get them in or out!! :frown:

Amazing with modern technology today!

paranoidandroid Sep 28th 2010 10:30 pm

Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882657)
The fact that no one makes bi-focal hard lense contacts you can only get them in soft lenses, I try cannot get them in or out!! :frown:

In, try making sure your finger is really dry, or it'll stick to it. If it helps drip a drop of rewetting solution on your eye first too,
Out, drip a drop of rewetting solution on your finger and thumb (helps the lens stick to them)... and squeeze hard at the edges, and don't be scared, they'll kinda pop up in the middle and you just sort of grab the edge between finger and thumb and take it out. Oh and dont get pissed off if it takes a while to start with, just stay with it and you'll get used to it. :fingerscrossed:
I promise it gets easier and easier. Takes me about 5 seconds to put mine in and take them out. :)

traceym Sep 28th 2010 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882657)

See another reason why hard is better than soft!

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 8882812)
In, try making sure your finger is really dry, or it'll stick to it. If it helps drip a drop of rewetting solution on your eye first too,
Out, drip a drop of rewetting solution on your finger and thumb (helps the lens stick to them)... and squeeze hard at the edges, and don't be scared, they'll kinda pop up in the middle and you just sort of grab the edge between finger and thumb and take it out. Oh and dont get pissed off if it takes a while to start with, just stay with it and you'll get used to it. :fingerscrossed:
I promise it gets easier and easier. Takes me about 5 seconds to put mine in and take them out. :)

Good God it sounds like open heart surgery!

Poppy girl Sep 28th 2010 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 8882812)

Thanks but it doesn't lol I had a class on how to do it and followed exactly as you have mentioned above..why me :rolleyes:

paranoidandroid Sep 28th 2010 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by traceym (Post 8882835)
See another reason why hard is better than soft!

Good God it sounds like open heart surgery!

Ok, on your first comment; no comment! ;) :lol:

Second comment; I've never actually tried doing open heart surgery, but I probably couldn't manage that as well as I do the contacts.
Anyway she sounded like she needed guidance, or help or something. :D

And no, before you ask, I'm not equating the amount of hardness to the amount of guidance needed to put them in. ;)

Poppy girl Sep 28th 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 8882852)
Ok, on your first comment; no comment! ;) :lol:

Second comment; I've never actually tried doing open heart surgery, but I probably couldn't manage that as well as I do the contacts.
Anyway you sounded like you needed guidance, or help or something. :D

And no, before you ask, I'm not equating the amount of hardness to the amount of guidance needed to put them in. ;)

My problem is that I suffer from Rosacea and as soon as I put reading glasses on it irritates it, some days are hell my face just stings and stings.

paranoidandroid Sep 28th 2010 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882844)
Thanks but it doesn't lol I had a class on how to do it and followed exactly as you have mentioned above..why me :rolleyes:

There are such things as glasses, made specifically for the people that fail at puitting contacts in ;) :p

traceym Sep 28th 2010 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882857)
My problem is that I suffer from Rosacea and as soon as I put reading glasses on it irritates it, some days are hell my face just stings and stings.

Ouch I just googled it it must be so sore, I've no doubt the hot weather doesn't help, keep trying with those lenses, can you buy that nice soothing Optrex over here maybe you could sort of wet them with it?

paranoidandroid Sep 28th 2010 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882857)

Yeah that wouldn't be fun.
If you're using win7 you could use the magnifier to make the monitor easier to read, but obviously if you use bi-focs then you're needing them all the time.

Stick with the contacts and keep trying, you'll get there in the end. How long have you had them anyway?

Poppy girl Sep 28th 2010 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 8882872)
Yeah that wouldn't be fun.
If you're using win7 you could use the magnifier to make the monitor easier to read, but obviously if you use bi-focs then you're needing them all the time.

Stick with the contacts and keep trying, you'll get there in the end. How long have you had them anyway?

I haven't got them they won't let me have them because I can't get them out, the Opticians will not let me take them home until I can master the removal of them....I would be better playing around at home in my own time to be honest!!

paranoidandroid Sep 28th 2010 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882875)
I haven't got them they won't let me have them because I can't get them out, the Opticians will not let me take them home until I can master the removal of them....I would be better playing around at home in my own time to be honest!!

Yeah thats no good, you need time to adjust to it, but they were the same when I first got them.
My opticians let me stay there til I could get them in and out and then said I'd be ok. To be honest I wasnt confident (you think what happens if get them stuck in there, right) but after 2 days of it taking a few minutes something clicked in my brain and it was fine. Had them about 2 years now and its the best thing I ever did, much nicer and more convenient than glasses.
Try using a magnifying mirror too to start off with, it makes it a lot easier. :)
Go back and try again tomorrow and tell yourself "I can do this". :thumbup:

Poppy girl Sep 28th 2010 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid (Post 8882904)
Yeah thats no good, you need time to adjust to it, but they were the same when I first got them.
My opticians let me stay there til I could get them in and out and then said I'd be ok. To be honest I wasnt confident (you think what happens if get them stuck in there, right) but after 2 days of it taking a few minutes something clicked in my brain and it was fine. Had them about 2 years now and its the best thing I ever did, much nicer and more convenient than glasses.
Try using a magnifying mirror too to start off with, it makes it a lot easier. :)
Go back and try again tomorrow and tell yourself "I can do this". :thumbup:

Yes I am going to have to...sitting here with cotton wool under the frames so they metal does not aggravate my skin.

Poppy girl Sep 28th 2010 11:41 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to my world :rofl:

paranoidandroid Sep 28th 2010 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882916)
Yes I am going to have to...sitting here with cotton wool under the frames so they metal does not aggravate my skin.

You'll be ok with them tomorrow :thumbup:
Remember this too, if you can't get them in or out after a few minutes trying, give up for a couple of minutes and then start again. If you don't have a break you'll just get frustrated and then it becomes more difficult.

traceym Sep 28th 2010 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8882941)
Welcome to my world :rofl:

Ouch!