Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:21 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Sounding impatient here..... Did you really need to go on (with three paragraphs) to explain your post? Was I coming to her defense? Do I care that she karma'd you and all is right with the world? Am I bored even typing this response to your post?
In a word, whatever.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
What's that supposed to mean? You DO jump in to defend people who haven't asked you to and you DO often miss the subtleties of posts.
OMG, Sally. You don't? You don't jump in to defend someone? And while I may miss some of the posts..... who hasn't?

I asked a question and wonder why it was automatically assumed I was defending anyone?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
In a word, whatever.
I know....

I should have used that word when I posted as well.....
Old Sep 29th 2010, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
OMG, Sally. You don't? You don't jump in to defend someone? And while I may miss some of the posts..... who hasn't?

I asked a question and wonder why it was automatically assumed I was defending anyone?
Not wishing to drag this out, but what exactly was the reason for pointing out the 'mistake' in the first place?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Not wishing to drag this out, but what exactly was the reason for pointing out the 'mistake' in the first place?
Surely you can handle this question, Sally.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:46 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Right you lot pack it in it's supposed to be a bloody harmless post about contact lenses, I am very flattered with all the help and kindness but FFS chaps call it a truse.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Well I mastered it but only had them in an hour and to be honest I can just read my computer screen and key board and drove home but its all pretty blurry is this the normal I have multi focals on!!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, well done
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Right you lot pack it in it's supposed to be a bloody harmless post about contact lenses, I am very flattered with all the help and kindness but FFS chaps call it a truse.
Is that the english spelling of truce?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:08 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Is that the english spelling of truce?
Told you my vision was blurry
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Mother, mother there's too many of you crying. brother there's far to many of you dying. You know weve got to find a way to bring some loving here today. War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate. What's going on......you know we've got to find a way to bring some understanding/love here today. Brother, brother
Old Sep 30th 2010, 3:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I mastered it but only had them in an hour and to be honest I can just read my computer screen and key board and drove home but its all pretty blurry is this the normal I have multi focals on!!
Yay!! Yes, it will be blurry for a bit. Give your brain time to get accustomed to contacts rather than glasses.

When do you have to go back? If it's still blurry at your next check (should be in a week or so) ask the optician to change the Rx for you.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember my single vision contacts were like that until your eyes get used to them. Same when you switch back to glasses...although that doesn't last very long.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:50 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I think they actually sent me a coupon for the full cost of my flight. I say I think because nowhere in what they sent is that clear (it arrived in the mail, too soon after my complaint for it to have been related). But ... it makes mention of booking flights and has an expiration of September 2011. I guess I'll have to call to figure out what I'm looking at ... just a form with no accompanying letter is a bit confusing to say the least.
Excellent!
Something is better than nothing then, right?
Maybe they actually DID decide to reimburse you before you complained?
I wouldn't call them to clarify it too soon, they may decide that they'll send you something else to cover your complaint as well.
So tell us, are you feeling a bit better about it already?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:29 pm

Hey well done! Shall I say "I told you so"?

The vari-focal lenses weren't fantastic for driving at night to start with for me, and initiially I had probs seeing properly with them if I was anywhere with a lot of bright overhead lights ("Best Buy" was a good example). It takes a few days but if you persevere you'll find that your brain should adjust to how to use them within a few days of wearing them, or at least mine did.
Like the other poster said, your optician will change them out for you if they aren't working well when you go back for your follow up appt. I've had them adjust my scrip a little before when I went back because it was throwing my distance vision off.

I actually stopped wearing vari-focal contacts about 6 months ago and have the "mono vision" system now (one eye for distance one for close). It took me a few days to get used to that idea too. Works like a charm as soon as you're used to it though and I see much clearer with them than anything I ever had before.

Keep at it, and take note of how it feels each day, if it improves or not.
The other thing is, make sure and wear them as much as you can to let your brain work out how to use them.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I seem to remember my single vision contacts were like that until your eyes get used to them. Same when you switch back to glasses...although that doesn't last very long.
Yeah I think once your brain becomes used to the idea, it's kind of like getting on and off a bike. Take a second for it to adjust and it remembers how to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.