Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well I didn't have a clue.

Well I didn't have a clue.

Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well I didn't have a clue.

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I'll finish it later. It was hard to write....

For a long time I felt guilty. I thought she might have felt pressured to come and visit even though she didn't feel well enough.

I have come to realize that you can't pressure people who know their life is winding down. They do what they need to and want to and that is just what your mom did. She wanted once more to see you in your new home, visit with you and the grandchildren, and enjoy one more visit with her sister.

Glad you no longer feel guilty for you shouldn't. Your mom had what she wanted most at that point in her life and that was to spend time with those she loved.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I have come to realize that you can't pressure people who know their life is winding down. They do what they need to and want to and that is just what your mom did. She wanted once more to see you in your new home, visit with you and the grandchildren, and enjoy one more visit with her sister.

Glad you no longer feel guilty for you shouldn't. Your mom had what she wanted most at that point in her life and that was to spend time with those she loved.
You are right, but it took a long while to realize that. Grief does strange things to you,

I updated the Blog yesterday. It took a long while, brought back a lot of memories and some tears. Strangely enough last night I had a dream with my mum and my sister in it........
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, but it took a long while to realize that. Grief does strange things to you,

I updated the Blog yesterday. It took a long while, brought back a lot of memories and some tears. Strangely enough last night I had a dream with my mum and my sister in it........
It's a strange feeling being an expat after your mother has died. Even though I went home before my mum died and went back for the funeral I still find myself "forgetting" she is gone in my "disconnected" life. I didn't get to speak to mum on the phone because she wore two hearing aids and even though I asked my dad to show her how, she never used email. The hardest thing I ever did was walk out of her house to go to the airport knowing I would never see her again. I was in tears and she told me "don't cry, you'll upset the children", typical of her. So glad you got that last holiday with your mum and to be there with her at the end.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Another cliffhanger!! :eek

SM I'm sorry if recalling the memories of those times upset you.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
It's a strange feeling being an expat after your mother has died. Even though I went home before my mum died and went back for the funeral I still find myself "forgetting" she is gone in my "disconnected" life. I didn't get to speak to mum on the phone because she wore two hearing aids and even though I asked my dad to show her how, she never used email. The hardest thing I ever did was walk out of her house to go to the airport knowing I would never see her again. I was in tears and she told me "don't cry, you'll upset the children", typical of her. So glad you got that last holiday with your mum and to be there with her at the end.

One of the biggest down sides of being an expat.

I've got to find something not so depressing to talk about next..... I'm sorry if I am depressing you all
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to find something not so depressing to talk about next..... I'm sorry if I am depressing you all
You're not depressing me...I find your story fascinating.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Why worry ..People get fed up with my resurrection .....
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You're not depressing me...I find your story fascinating.

It doesn't really depress me in fact in a way I think it is therapy. It is just hard to put into words how I really felt and how long it took me to get over it.

I am the person I am today because of my parents. Their story is really the fascinating one. Maybe one day I'll tell their tale..
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Why worry ..People get fed up with my resurrection .....

But you are unique.......
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Moving that big rock blocking the door was a bummer...
skinned my knuckles
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yeah they broke the mould when they made Ray...thank god.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Moving that big rock blocking the door was a bummer...
skinned my knuckles

That was what....the 3rd day, right??
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:16 pm
Ray

That was what....the 3rd day, right??
I spent the time drawing up boat plans for Noah ..
so not wasted .....
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Did this story carry on somewhere? I'm a little confused...I've read the blog, the last entry I can see is from Sat 5th July 2008 and I was enjoying the very moving, and inspirational read.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:11 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Did this story carry on somewhere? I'm a little confused...I've read the blog, the last entry I can see is from Sat 5th July 2008 and I was enjoying the very moving, and inspirational read.
Yup .its was so sad .. She went to see a circus and a rogue Elephant
trampled her to death ... just before christmas

But the Elephant was OK afterwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.