Welcome to the UK

Old May 30th 2013, 6:21 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welcome to the UK

Manchester Airport Hertz.

Car book some months ago and paid for a week before we come over. Get to Hertz sorry don't have your car, but we can upgrade you, but it is manual not an auto is that alright. No I want an auto. Only auto they had was a group lower and it wasn't ready. Got told if you want an auto you'll have to wait while we clean it. How long about 15 minutes, and how much less is the smaller car, oh we can't give you any money back you pre paid. Told to go to the waiting area and they would let us know when it was ready. 30 minutes later, walk back to counter and ask when it would be ready. OH didn't we tell you been ready for 20 minutes. Welcome to UK customer service. No sorry or anything.

Only thing that stopped me telling them to shove it, was I booked through United getting their frequent flyer discount. When I booked everyother quote I got was 50% more.
Old May 30th 2013, 7:15 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to the UK

What more did you want? Bells on it?
Old May 30th 2013, 7:32 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

It was somewhat disappointing to find that my first encounter with UK customer service was just as I has expected.
Old May 30th 2013, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
It was somewhat disappointing to find that my first encounter with UK customer service was just as I has expected.
Nah, That's just Manchester Airport service. Snottiest staff of any airport on the planet.
Old May 30th 2013, 12:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Car book some months ago and paid for a week before we come over. Get to Hertz sorry don't have your car, but we can upgrade you, but it is manual not an auto is that alright. No I want an auto. Only auto they had was a group lower and it wasn't ready. Got told if you want an auto you'll have to wait while we clean it. How long about 15 minutes, and how much less is the smaller car, oh we can't give you any money back you pre paid. Told to go to the waiting area and they would let us know when it was ready. 30 minutes later, walk back to counter and ask when it would be ready. OH didn't we tell you been ready for 20 minutes. Welcome to UK customer service. No sorry or anything.

Only thing that stopped me telling them to shove it, was I booked through United getting their frequent flyer discount. When I booked everyother quote I got was 50% more.

Old May 30th 2013, 12:32 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

We had something very similar at Hertz at Heathrow several years ago. We had prepaid, so we got a car; but it was a diesel eight seater minivan, when we'd ordered a subcompact. I've never used Hertz since, and never will.
Old May 30th 2013, 12:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I will never rent another car from Hertz at Manchester Airport again. A few years ago I ordered and paid for a compact auto...when I got there all they had was an auto sports car. I said I didn't want that but that's all they had. I asked to speak to the area manager...they reached him on the phone and he offered me a free tank of gas upon acceptance and that I could take the car back empty and they wouldn't charge for refuelling.

On my last morning around 11 am...I had a puncture. The wheels were locked and there was no wheel lock...so I called Hertz and explained I needed the key to unlock the wheel nuts. Waited a couple of hours before a van came out...no wheel lock...the driver said he'd have to arrange to get the car towed back to MAN. About 3 hours later the tow truck arrived. The driver had to use the GPS because he didn't know where the airport was...I was just of the M62/M6 junction...about 20 minutes away from MAN.

It was after 6 pm when we arrived at the Hertz office at MAN. That ruined my plans for the last day in the UK.
Old May 30th 2013, 12:59 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

These stories are making me glad I don't rent a car when I go over, but I am lucky with where I need to go.

Heathrow (T5), National Coach right at the door... maybe 50 feet away. It runs hourly, on the hour all day and drops off 3 miles from my parents house.

Dealing with this stuff, especially after a flight (or under a time constraint to catch one), would wear out what little patience I have when dealing with people really, really quickly.
Old May 30th 2013, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I've only dealt with Hertz once, Long Beach airport in California. That was enough!
Old May 30th 2013, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I've always said there needs to be a big sign at Heathrow and the other airports

"Welcome to Britain - It's a bit crap"
Old May 30th 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I once picked up a car from New Orleans airport with the booked drop-off at the Amtrak/Greyhound station, clearly stated on the doco. A few days later, when attempting to return the car, I couldn't find where to return it. I eventually found a location a couple of miles away and dropped it there, mentioning that I couldn't find the drop off at the station. He said we don't have one there, been closed for years.
Old May 30th 2013, 4:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
I once picked up a car from New Orleans airport with the booked drop-off at the Amtrak/Greyhound station, clearly stated on the doco. A few days later, when attempting to return the car, I couldn't find where to return it. I eventually found a location a couple of miles away and dropped it there, mentioning that I couldn't find the drop off at the station. He said we don't have one there, been closed for years.
On the bright side, there wasn't an earwig in it. Or was there?
Old May 30th 2013, 4:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
I've always said there needs to be a big sign at Heathrow and the other airports

"Welcome to Britain - It's a bit crap"
No it's not.
Old May 30th 2013, 4:18 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No it's not.
+1
Old May 30th 2013, 4:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No it's not.
Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
+1
What they said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.