Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Weighted toys may help kids get fit during playtime

Weighted toys may help kids get fit during playtime

Old Jul 1st 2006, 4:04 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weighted toys may help kids get fit during playtime

Originally Posted by Rompers
So let me get this right. You think my avatar looks less camp with a pair on underpants on its head
It's a funny old world.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I'll have a look. While we're on the subject, what happened to that Avatar you joined with?
The Godfather one?
Old Jul 1st 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
The Godfather one?
Yeah. I thought that was very you.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Yeah. I thought that was very you.
I would bring it back for a return performance but I've been told as soon as I do there are 2 women going to nick my "Eric" Avatar
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:06 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone think that a bit silly or a good idea? And anyone with kids, how much PE do they get in schools in your neck of the woods?
haha hit the nail on the head there...the schools here tried to change the school lunch ...for a short while stopped parents bringing cupcakes to school on their kids birthdays etc ...didn't last....they teach all this health and fitness too...but the kids hardly have any recess at all...some P.E lessons they've been shoved in front of a T.V program about fitness and health ..but given no time to run around...what's up with that?

stuck in the classrooms for hours on end...it's not right!

I hate seeing fat kids...10 times outta 10 they have fat parents......people down here are so fat ..the fat ones look normal because of all the morbidly obese ones..but then Houston did enjoy being the fattest city in the nation
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 4:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
haha hit the nail on the head there...the schools here tried to change the school lunch ...for a short while stopped parents bringing cupcakes to school on their kids birthdays etc ...didn't last....they teach all this health and fitness too...but the kids hardly have any recess at all...some P.E lessons they've been shoved in front of a T.V program about fitness and health ..but given no time to run around...what's up with that?

stuck in the classrooms for hours on end...it's not right!
Aye, it's weird that, especially how crazy some schools are about competitive sports, which all seem to happen after school hours, and isn't cheap, but actual PE for the masses seems very short if at all...just saved for the cream of the crop, which is a bit sad...
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, it's weird that, especially how crazy some schools are about competitive sports, which all seem to happen after school hours, and isn't cheap, but actual PE for the masses seems very short if at all...just saved for the cream of the crop, which is a bit sad...

Not just at school though. Its just as important for parents to ensure that their kids dont spend hours in front of the TV or playing video games on the computer, instead of spending the time outside playing.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Not just at school though. Its just as important for parents to ensure that their kids dont spend hours in front of the TV or playing video games on the computer, instead of spending the time outside playing.
I know, but if the folks don't, and a lot don't, either because they can't be arsed, or because it's to hot in places, or there aren't any parks etc...it's still the schools responsibility I think to provide some basic exercise, if nothing else, just to see if there's any talent out there for the future...
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:09 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
All TV's and X Box/Nintendo/other shite video games should come connected to an excersize bike or treadmill- 1/hour of pedaling= 15 minutes of play time. Or better yet- shit can the video games and limit TV to 1 hour a day- after2 hours of outside play.