WATER

Old May 16th 2016, 11:59 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WATER

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
I'm absolutely superior to most yanks.
Well everyone needs a trip to fantasyland occassionally
Old May 16th 2016, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Well everyone needs a trip to fantasyland occassionally
If you want to equate yourself with a good deal of them then that's your choice.
Old May 16th 2016, 2:09 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They just drive like dickheads. The worst drivers, for actually being bad at driving would be a close toss up between CT and NJ...verging on CT as the winner.

Southie, though, yeah, definitely a interesting bunch
Funny, in CT we believe that drivers from MA are the worst of the worst!😉
Old May 16th 2016, 2:13 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

In what way?
Old May 16th 2016, 5:26 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
In what way?
Ever heard of the old saying "a legend in his own mind" ?
Old May 16th 2016, 5:59 pm
Banned

I've seen some bad driving when in Florida. Cars with New York license plates are pretty common there in winter. One thing a NY driver doesn't yet seem to realize is that a pedestrian on a crosswalk has the right of way. We nearly got flattened by a lady in a car with NY plates who insisted on cutting us off as we tried to reach the opposite side of the road. No way was she going to slow down for us. You can always tell a NY driver also in a traffic slowdown. He's the one who thinks blasting his horn will clear the traffic.

For the most part I think the driving standards in California aren't bad at all. Most people here rely very much getting to work by car since Los Angeles and the greater area still lag behind other cities in a widespread commuter network system. It's therefore important to maintain a clean driving license not only to keep insurance rates down but to make sure one doesn't lose it. The police both in L.A and surrounding cities seem to be strict on enforcing traffic laws. I believe that if they hand out enough tickets over the month they get a 100 dollar gift certificate to Dunkin Donuts Coffee shops. The worst state for handing out tickets is Arizona in my experience. The speed limit on the I-40 is 75 MPH on most stretches but the Highway Patrol have the habit of parking their cars in the dip between the east and west bound lanes and you never see them until it's too late and you've been seen barreling along at 90 or more
Old May 17th 2016, 9:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, in CT we believe that drivers from MA are the worst of the worst!😉
Yeah, but I think that's just because they're aggressive and generally, just dick heads, rather than actually being technically bad at driving.

It doesn't help that you have interstates with exit/entry ramps in the fast lane, bikes that weave traffic and jug handles. Though the worst jug handles have to be in either PA or NJ, they're terrible things.
Old May 17th 2016, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any facts to back this up. Being British alone is not proof as the literature does not support that claim.
Old May 17th 2016, 10:05 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Originally Posted by Bob

It doesn't help that you have interstates with exit/entry ramps in the fast lane, bikes that weave traffic and jug handles. .

Agreed, the left-hand exits off I-84 are brutal. You can't concentrate on exiting for looking in your rear view mirror to see if anyone is about to rear-end you.
Old May 17th 2016, 10:48 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, the left-hand exits off I-84 are brutal. You can't concentrate on exiting for looking in your rear view mirror to see if anyone is about to rear-end you.
You just need to exit faster.

Old May 18th 2016, 4:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This is the same in Tennessee. What the hell is up with the left hand exits?

I know I hated them when I would drive up I-95 through CT to get to Foxwoods.
Old May 18th 2016, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar experience when I first arrived in London, fresh from my native "Up North" (eeh bah gum land). I went into a hardware store and asked for a 'bulb' (light bulb). With my northern accent, it had a very hard, short 'U', as in bUlb. I literally had to say it 5 or 6 times, and the guy had to call over his colleague, who finally got it. He then said, "oh, you want a bOWb!" in his thick cockney accent. I had numerous similar experiences in London in the early days.

Luckily, I'm something of an accent chameleon and very quickly adapt to whoever I'm talking to, so the problem didn't last long.

If I were you I'd practice saying 'wadder' in your best 'American' accent and feel proud when you get the water you desire on the first try.
Old May 18th 2016, 10:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I had a similar experience when I first arrived in London, fresh from my native "Up North" (eeh bah gum land). I went into a hardware store and asked for a 'bulb' (light bulb). With my northern accent, it had a very hard, short 'U', as in bUlb. I literally had to say it 5 or 6 times, and the guy had to call over his colleague, who finally got it. He then said, "oh, you want a bOWb!" in his thick cockney accent. I had numerous similar experiences in London in the early days.

Luckily, I'm something of an accent chameleon and very quickly adapt to whoever I'm talking to, so the problem didn't last long.

If I were you I'd practice saying 'wadder' in your best 'American' accent and feel proud when you get the water you desire on the first try.
I've never had trouble ordering water even though with my Sheffield accent it comes out something like "wawteh"
Old May 18th 2016, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I've never had trouble ordering water even though with my Sheffield accent it comes out something like "wawteh"
Maybe there's a business opportunity in Sheffield for people thinking of emigrating to the US.

Sheffield always brings back the memory of the smell just off the motorway.
Old May 18th 2016, 10:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mrken30
Maybe there's a business opportunity in Sheffield for people thinking of emigrating to the US.

Sheffield always brings back the memory of the smell just off the motorway.
The "aroma" of fine beer from the breweries no doubt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.