WATER

Old May 4th 2016, 11:46 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WATER

Ever tried asking for tuna at the deli? That one can be fun

I had the same problem asking for water on a trans-atlantic flight with Delta. Because clearly Brits asking for a drink of water is something that a trans-atlantic air stewardess doesn't often deal with...
Old May 4th 2016, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Ever tried asking for tuna at the deli?
Old May 4th 2016, 12:06 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
Most of the time I just make my wife say the order from the passenger seat. I hate doing drive-thru orders.
Yeeeeup.
My local taco place does amazing food but it's a total dive. Their drive thru speaker system is one level up from a yoghurt pot on a piece of string.
Chuck an accent on top of that and you're guaranteed to get 30% of something you didn't order in your bag.

Worth it though, their fish tacos kick arse.
Old May 4th 2016, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
How ****ing stupid do you have to be not to understand when someone with a different accent says the word water. The single celled amoeba taking orders at the drive thru McDonals was completely stumped when I tried to get a water with my daughters happy meal. I ended up basically screaming at the speaker and demanding someone takes over that actually understands English!!!! And he still effed up my order!!! I ended up telling him to cancel the order in not the most politest way. What is the matter with these people though? Water!!! W A T E R!!!!!!!!! I'm raging!!!
You have an accent that people don't hear all the time. You're speaking through a drive thru with noise going on everywhere. Just because your pronunciation of a word is different than someone else's it really shouldn't cause you so much anger.

I think you should a) Control your temper
b) Quit going to fast food drive thru's
c) Remember not everybody has the same abilities as you.
and always carry bottles of water with you in a cooler so you never have to utter the "w" word again..
Old May 4th 2016, 1:45 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You have an accent that people don't hear all the time. You're speaking through a drive thru with noise going on everywhere. Just because your pronunciation of a word is different than someone else's it really shouldn't cause you so much anger.

I think you should a) Control your temper
b) Quit going to fast food drive thru's
c) Remember not everybody has the same abilities as you.
and always carry bottles of water with you in a cooler so you never have to utter the "w" word again..
Old May 4th 2016, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

How ****ing stupid do you have to be not to understand when someone with a different accent says the word water. The single celled amoeba taking orders at the drive thru McDonals was completely stumped when I tried to get a water with my daughters happy meal. I ended up basically screaming at the speaker and demanding someone takes over that actually understands English!!!! And he still effed up my order!!! I ended up telling him to cancel the order in not the most politest way. What is the matter with these people though? Water!!! W A T E R!!!!!!!!! I'm raging!!!
How are you pronoucing water? Waa aah or Wa tur?
Old May 4th 2016, 1:50 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
"Whiner"
Old May 4th 2016, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta
Old May 4th 2016, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, get a grip there. Should have

1. Asked for a bottle of the stuff fish swim in; or

2. Ordered apple juice or milk for the kiddies; or

3. Spelled the darn thing; or

4. Walked into the store and do a face to face ordering.

Old May 4th 2016, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I'm lazy so first time it was wa'er. Then it was watur.
I agree with a previous post that fast food is bad for you so should be avoided, but it taste soooo good. It's my once a week treat.
Anyhoooo, I'm sat in a bar currently pissed. Luckily the bar tender understands my pronuoncition of the word beer!
Old May 4th 2016, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm lazy so first time it was wa'er. Then it was watur.
I agree with a previous post that fast food is bad for you so should be avoided, but it taste soooo good. It's my once a week treat.
Anyhoooo, I'm sat in a bar currently pissed. Luckily the bar tender understands my pronuoncition of the word beer!
Never had a problem with the word beer, not sure McDonalds serves beer in the US, but could be a water substitute.

I did find it fun having beer in the Ikea restaurant when I went to Iceland, it was next to the coffee machines. They didn't have the obligatory soda machine.
Old May 5th 2016, 12:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The first time me and the husband went through a drive through - Dunstable I believe, I didn't have my glasses so he was reading the list out. Dozy bint behind the microphone decided we wanted everything he said. She was mighty pissed off when he explained he wasn't actually ordering.
Old May 5th 2016, 1:20 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure the correct way to pronounce "water" is "large regular, 3 milk, two Splenda and a shot".
Old May 5th 2016, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
Always ask for light ice too or you get a bucket of ice and a thimble-full of pop.
And they save one cent on the item that has more than 1000% markup.
Old May 5th 2016, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

Best cool down a bit before you try and buy a banana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.