Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Walgreens for British passport photo

Walgreens for British passport photo

Old Apr 13th 2015, 1:36 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Walgreens for British passport photo

I'm sure I read here on the forum that Walgreens was ok for passport photos. Are they? Anyone had problems? I made sure that the sizing.positioning was correct.

I'm asking because my aussie neigbour had hers done at Walgreens, made sure all was correct but it was rejected because of picture quality. Are the aussies more particular than the brits?

Anyone had any problems or can someone please confirm that they used Walgreens recently and it was fine?

thanks
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:13 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walgreens for British passport photo

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I'm sure I read here on the forum that Walgreens was ok for passport photos. Are they? Anyone had problems? I made sure that the sizing.positioning was correct.

I'm asking because my aussie neigbour had hers done at Walgreens, made sure all was correct but it was rejected because of picture quality. Are the aussies more particular than the brits?

Anyone had any problems or can someone please confirm that they used Walgreens recently and it was fine?

thanks
ive used cvs with no issue. get USA standard passport photo sizes and send them as they are (ie let the UK dept trim them to what they want). The head dimensions/rations are to the same standard (worldwide) so its not an issue with that.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:42 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby just had his done there. They take your photo against a white drop down background with a digital camera, then they stick the card into their machine and choose the option for a passport photo. There is a drop down box for different countries passport sizes, pick UK, size up your photo so your head fits in the parameters on screen and then print it out. They even cut them to size.

The reason I told you all that is that the first woman said 'No we don't do that" and we had to tell her yes you do and show her how...

The only issue he had (in person at the passport office in Glasgow) was that they said they could see a faint shadow in the back of the photo and 'would have to see' how it came out on the passport, but it was fine, it wasn't actually a shadow it was the crease in walgreens pull down screen, hubby couldn't even see what they were talking about without putting his readers on.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just print it in the US size, as long as everything else meets the requirement, passport office will scale the image as it's all digital.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:33 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've got the photos now. They look fine and they are the right dimensions for the UK Just a final question...I think my son doesn't look too different from 5 years ago and so I ticked that box online, it seems that I now don't need to get a countersignatory. That right?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 12:51 am
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've got the photos now. They look fine and they are the right dimensions for the UK Just a final question...I think my son doesn't look too different from 5 years ago and so I ticked that box online, it seems that I now don't need to get a countersignatory. That right?
Technically, no, you don't. However it seems to be a bit luck of the draw as to which person at the other end gets the application to process. Out of 2 such applications in the last 24 months one was accepted but the other, where the person looked unmistakably the same as on the old passport, was rejected as needed a countersignature. My advice would be better to get one (and it not be needed) than have the hassle of a rejection.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 2:23 pm
Austin. TX.

Thanks celticgrid, I thought I would do as you suggested but since I filled in the questionnaire online ticking the box that my son is still recognisable they didn't send me the countersignatory form. I can't seem to amend anything and download the form. Anybody know how to do this?

In the meantime, I've realised that his L2 visa with photo is in this passport. Since the visa is not that old and he is really clearly recognisable with that photo and the new passport one, I've added a letter asking them to check that photo as well if they are in doubt.

But, one last go at the countersignatory form..anyone?
Old Apr 27th 2015, 3:57 pm
Austin. TX.

Walgreens photo was obviously ok since the status of the passport renewal is showing as "dispatched"
6 days after they received it. Not bad.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I used Walgreens for my son who at the time was only about 4 months. The tech was great and took a few shots for me to pick from. Never had an issue with the sizing, I asked for the UK size (I didn't trim them) and they were approved first time by the UK passport agency,
Old Feb 6th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

u2jrmw is an unknown quantity at this point

Walgreens photo was obviously ok since the status of the passport renewal is showing as "dispatched"
6 days after they received it. Not bad.
Did you send it with a white background? The instructions say it should be cream or light gray...
Old Feb 6th 2016, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

They are ok, used them before.