Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

US Border Patrol - Checking Buses & Trains In NY

US Border Patrol - Checking Buses & Trains In NY

Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Border Patrol - Checking Buses & Trains In NY

Originally Posted by Oregon4now
Poor thing ... clueless as usual and screeching about Lawsuits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_an...80.9D_statutes
It would be very much appreciated if you could reconcile your statement and your citation to the WikiPedia article. I happen to find the article to be cogent and a reasonable statement of the law.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:49 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

In the first three months he was in office, obummer had already outspent Pres Bush and just about every other pres we have had. ...!
Are you referring to programs that had been put in place by the Bush administration? Presumably much of the money was disbursed during the succeeding administration...?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
Snopes take on some of these "statistics":

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
This might sound like nitpicking but can you please use his real name. You may not agree with his policies but he is still the president and deserves the respect that the office provides.

Anyway, the Islamic community center 2 or 3 blocks away from the former World Trade Center has provided a convenient smoke screen for those Republicans who voted against health benefits for the WTC rescue workers.
NO ...
I do not care who the hell he is, he certainly does not deserve my respect and last time I checked I was still able to use freedom of speech... Though for how much longer I am not sure..

Agree it is terrible about the health benefits for the WTC workers.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:54 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you read up then...
You really are making no sense. If you think Gestapo tactics involved "calling for investigations" then you are very naive or ignorant of 20th century history. Just in case you don't understand me; the Gestapo didn't have to "call for investigations." If they wanted to investigate, they did so. If they wanted to arrest someone or interrogate them, they did so. They were subject to political pressure, but not legal constraints (except when it suited the State or the powerful.)
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

NO ...
I do not care who the hell he is, he certainly does not deserve my respect and last time I checked I was still able to use freedom of speech... Though for how much longer I am not sure..
Fair enough, I just want to point out that if you want to be taken seriously in this discussion rather than a raving loon who parrots Glen Beck, a certain level of decorum would be appreciated.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Snopes take on some of these "statistics":

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp
I read the article and it pretty much backs up what I posted, I guess the numbers could be off by a few % either higher or lower.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:02 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to live in a country guided by law and order, not to be able to pick and choose as you go along..

, making 380,000 babies automatically U.S.citizens and, under our laws, entitled to invite the rest of their family to join them.
Again you are confusing -- you are in total contempt of the Constitution, but want to live in a country "guided by law and order." Were two words "law and" a typo on your part.

Also, on the "anchor baby" thing, where do you get the idea that "under our laws, entitled to invite the rest of their family to join them." What "law" are you talking about? I believe that the Constitution, Acts of Congress and the court cases interpreting them pretty much constitute "law."

I will also admit to treating all tables as suspect [from anybody] unless they are explained. To my mind, facts are often necessary to reach conclusions. A common fallacy is disguising conclusions as fact. [If you are going to do that, then say so -- e.g. "axioms" in Euclidean geometry].
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Fair enough, I just want to point out that if you want to be taken seriously in this discussion rather than a raving loon who parrots Glen Beck, a certain level of decorum would be appreciated.
Agreed... BTW I am not a Fan of Glenn Beck nor a tea party player, I am capable of making up my own mind all by myself.
This is BE if you had not noticed, show me where the decorum is when discussing politics or anything that goes against the popular perception of the forum regulars... Oh wait, I guess that just applies to me.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest with you, looking Latino would provide them with reasonable suspicion
Without going any further in your post, that said it all to me.....

My ex-husband's father (and obviously paternal relatives) are all hispanic. My older daughter looks slightly hispanic.....brown eyes, good tan. Wonder if that would be enough to have someone ask her?

Anyway, my ex-FIL died at the beginning of this year, lovely man (shame his son was such a butt, but you find them everywhere....) I would have been very sad and extremely angry had a police officer stopped him to ask where he was born. What a crock of shit....
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Commentator

...last time I checked I was still able to use freedom of speech... Though for how much longer I am not sure..
You are 100% correct that the Constitution protects freedom of speech for those in contempt of the Constitution. You seem confident that freedom of speech might be destroyed -- but there a lot of people sworn to uphold the Constitution.

I happen to think that it is great that the Constitution is enshrined for what the United States stands for.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

BritishExpats.com Site Rules:

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

This post falls at random.

edit to add: some of you may want to consider going back and editing your posts to remove the personal attacks.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Without going any further in your post, that said it all to me.....

My ex-husband's father (and obviously paternal relatives) are all hispanic. My older daughter looks slightly hispanic.....brown eyes, good tan. Wonder if that would be enough to have someone ask her?

Anyway, my ex-FIL died at the beginning of this year, lovely man (shame his son was such a butt, but you find them everywhere....) I would have been very sad and extremely angry had a police officer stopped him to ask where he was born. What a crock of shit....
Do not take what I wrote out of context .
I did not say that I agreed with it, I stated the obvious response to a question that sunflwrgrl13 asked me... BTW, I AM CHILEAN = HISPANIC.

Last edited by Oregon4now; Aug 30th 2010 at 8:31 pm. Reason: playing nice.. : )
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Do not take what I wrote out of context and try to paint me as a racist, that will not work .
I did not say that I agreed with it, I stated the obvious response to a question that sunflwrgrl13 asked me... BTW, I AM CHILEAN = HISPANIC.
So do you honestly think that judging someone by their looks is acceptable? That we should all just sit back and accept outright profiling of people based on skin color or accent? If you accept it because 'ah well, that's just the way it is' then you should be ashamed of yourself. We are no better than racist pigs if we allow discrimination against any person/group of persons..that is not what this country it founded upon.

If this bus/train checking is to become common practice, then everyone needs to be held to same line of questioning and be expected to produce documentation, not just those that fit a convenient profile. Anything less is a slap in the face of our freedoms.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Do not take what I wrote out of context and try to paint me as a racist, that will not work .
So you, above all, should have more empathy for the US citizens that would be affected by this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.