Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

US Border Patrol - Checking Buses & Trains In NY

US Border Patrol - Checking Buses & Trains In NY

Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Border Patrol - Checking Buses & Trains In NY

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Oh dear -- you're one of those!

Well I'm a USC. And I object most strongly to living in a police state and having my constitutional and civil rights eroded by rabid people like yourself. Shouldn't you be attending a tea party or something?
Originally Posted by Burn1911
This is so right - if all goes to plan next year and we naturalize and become US citizens I wonder how you would ever prove so without carrying a passport.

Having a foreign accent shouldn't immediately make people think you are a foreigner.. after all was America not settled by immigrants? The idea you can be stopped and asked your status - hmmm land of the free and all that!
The question (from the article) that they ask is where you were born. If you answer the question as a naturalized citizen, you may have then provided them with probable cause to detain you. I see lawsuits.
Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Thing is, you could replace "illegal aliens" with "US citizens" in that quote and it would make just as much sense.
Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Hey:

Even if are native born, it may not help. Imagine answers like "Odessa," "London," "Newark," "York," "San Juan," "Santa Cruz," "Madrid," or "Moscow."

I agree that lawsuits may happen.

p.s. -- given the news about Arizona these days, there are fair academic questions on whether or not Barry Goldwater or John McCain were "native born" American citizens. George Romney [Mitt's dad] was born in Mexico, but was a citizen at birth -- he ran for president.
Yep -- actually, I'll qualify my statement if I may. I hope that lawsuits will happen. Big lawsuits with plenty of $$$ in them.
I couldn't agree more with these posts. Here in KY alone, we have 'London', 'Glasgow', 'Paris', 'Versailles', 'Somerset' and I'm sure there are more. I refuse to carry some document that shows my right to be on a bus, or walking around somewhere. We do not live in some fascist state where our 'papers' can be demanded at any time.

You better believe that the first time my OH gets asked for his proof citizenship, there will be a lawsuit brewing.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I couldn't agree more with these posts. Here in KY alone, we have 'London', 'Glasgow', 'Paris', 'Versailles', 'Somerset' and I'm sure there are more. I refuse to carry some document that shows my right to be on a bus, or walking around somewhere. We do not live in some fascist state where our 'papers' can be demanded at any time.

You better believe that the first time my OH gets asked for his proof citizenship, there will be a lawsuit brewing.
I feel that your opinion is clueless, screeching about Lawsuits seems to be the American way when one does not get their way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_an...80.9D_statutes

Last edited by Oregon4now; Aug 30th 2010 at 8:23 pm. Reason: taking out personal attacks
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oregon4now
Poor thing ... clueless as usual and screeching about Lawsuits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_an...80.9D_statutes
I'm sorry, but please explain to me how sitting on a bus/train gives an officer any kind of 'reasonable suspicion' to ask me questions about my status? What crime am I committing that they would be suspicious of? If I'm sitting there, looking out the window, listening to my ipod, what potential crime am I being suspected of? Breathing where I'm not supposed to?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:02 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I am serious...deal with it.

Seems that if the Federal government refuses to enforce the laws of the US Constitution, it would be called "Mutiny" on a ship. In a country it's called TREASON.
Nine tenths of Washington DC needs to be imprisoned.
Are you foaming at the mouth, I can deal with you easier if you are.

How was the Glenn Beck Rally? Did he give you a stiffy?

Do you rate Bush over Obama? Really?

Genuine questions.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I'm sorry, but please explain to me how sitting on a bus/train gives an officer any kind of 'reasonable suspicion' to ask me questions about my status? What crime am I committing that they would be suspicious of? If I'm sitting there, looking out the window, listening to my ipod, what potential crime am I being suspected of? Breathing where I'm not supposed to?
To be honest with you, looking Latino would provide them with reasonable suspicion considering this day and age we live in, I agree that this is a sad state of affairs but how would you propose in dealing with the the over 12 million illegals who 81% are Hispanics that who are raping our system and destroying our public schools and hospitals, draining state welfare budgets with their anchor babies when this country and its legal citizens are having such a horrible time finding work or getting Govt benefits that they themselves have paid into for many years ? I am tired of the Libs turning their backs on Americans only to support the illegals and their rights ?
The only reason why that disgrace in the White house is supporting them is for future votes... Let's take care of the USA and it's own first. Deport the criminals... Why is it that the Libs are for the rights to People who are braking our Laws ??.. You yourself want to challenge and take on the law all for your so called rights, but you and your kind want to deny myself and my family our rights to living in a country that observes and respects the LAW, I have seen your Opinion on the USA and the Illegal immigrants.. You say we are denying them Basic human rights, I say Bullshit ! Send them back !
Times have changed I am sorry to say, some peoples rights stop where others begin... I prefer to live in a country guided by law and order, not to be able to pick and choose as you go along..

For your viewing pleasure.... some stats that perhaps back up my view, though I am sure the numbers are slightly higher in 2010.
INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigrants
2006 (First Quarter)

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or "transport coyotes".
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

BIRTH STATISTICS
380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the U.S. in 2005 to illegal alien parents, making 380,000 babies automatically U.S.citizens and, under our laws, entitled to invite the rest of their family to join them.
97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers.
66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

As always, spread the word.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...#ixzz0y7R1wSme

Last edited by Oregon4now; Aug 30th 2010 at 8:29 pm. Reason: trying to take out any personal attacks..
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Are you foaming at the mouth, I can deal with you easier if you are.

How was the Glenn Beck Rally? Did he give you a stiffy?

Do you rate Bush over Obama? Really?

Genuine questions.
Don't you worry about my stiffy.....

I would much rather have Bush again if I had to choose the lesser of 2 evils, at least with that idiot we knew what he was about.
So far the only thing Obummer has done is to outspend Bush, and Obummer is proving to be at least a better liar then Bush... scary really !

Last edited by Oregon4now; Aug 30th 2010 at 7:19 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:25 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

I would much rather have Bush again if I had to choose the lesser of 2 evils, at least with that idiot we knew what he was about.
So far the only thing Obummer has done is to outspend Bush, and Obummer is proving to be at least a better liar then Bush... scary really !
So, is it the money, or the immigrants? Because you know Bush wanted to give them all amnesty, right?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:33 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

No, Bush spent more, and Bush lied more.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:34 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
So we get rid of all illegal aliens, and then....

100% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for US citizens.

The mind boggles.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ridski
So, is it the money, or the immigrants? Because you know Bush wanted to give them all amnesty, right?
Actually I thought and still do think Bush was an idiot.... Obummer and his cronies scare the hell out of me.

Example :: Nancy Pelosi called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque ...
Gestapo tactics.... From Obummers cabinet..say it ain't so !!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

60k every year, and growing. 11k in Dallas' Parkland Hospital - where a staggering 74% of births are to non-citizen mothers, most illegal. Even though the Dallas paper tries to make this about race, it is about financial sanity. Illegals cost the U.S. $113 billion annually - that's $200 billion more than the ENTIRE cost of ObamaCare over the next decade. No immigration "reform" will stop it. Neither will the figleaf "border security" bill the Senate just passed - with a puny 1,400 unarmed Guard troops and a mere 2 drones to cover 1,951 miles of border. Let your legislator know: there can be no discussion of "reform" without first securing the borders - for real - and second the elimination, by whatever legal means required, of so-called "birthright citizenship": http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Read this then lecture me about the Constitution.

.http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7169978.html
OK, I'm now confused. You posit an excellent argument for legalization of many aliens in the United States. But you seem to be in contempt of not only Article III, Section 3, but also Article II, Section 2, and Amendment 14, section 1. Inasmuch as the president of the United States, members of Congress, members of the military and all federal employees take an oath to defend and uphold the "Constitution," it appears that you have contempt for all members of the government.

My last stint as a Federal Employee was as a member of the United States Army -- and I took a quite solemn oath to defend the Constitution.

I have the utmost respect for those who take oaths to defend America.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:44 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I thought and still do think Bush was an idiot.... Obummer and his cronies scare the hell out of me.

Example :: Nancy Pelosi called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque ...
My reading of the history of Germany in the Nazi era indicates that "calling for an investigation" was not a major Gestapo tactic.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin1234
No, Bush spent more, and Bush lied more.

In the first three months he was in office, obummer had already outspent Pres Bush and just about every other pres we have had. It is time for obama to finally get a backbone and start trying to lead by accepting the blame for the TRILLIONS that we now owe.
I think tyranny comes in when the feds take over banks, car manufacturers, and the world's largest insurance company as obama has. To say nothing of all the people who have been added to the pres' inner circle. We have 'tsars' for almost everything now. It's starting to look like the old soviet union!

"The majority of bailouts came under Bush." hahaha Bullshit !

Not true now! obummer has him beat by TRILLIONS of dollars!
obummer is NOT cleaning up ----- he is making everything worse as he usurps power for himself and the dems!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

This might sound like nitpicking but can you please use his real name. You may not agree with his policies but he is still the president and deserves the respect that the office provides.

Anyway, the Islamic community center 2 or 3 blocks away from the former World Trade Center has provided a convenient smoke screen for those Republicans who voted against health benefits for the WTC rescue workers.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin1234
My reading of the history of Germany in the Nazi era indicates that "calling for an investigation" was not a major Gestapo tactic.
I suggest you read up then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.