Tom

Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:05 am
Just Joined

calltom2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tom

Born and lived in Motherwell lanarkshire Scotland, until moving to Canada.
I am a senior citizen having lived in Canada since the eary 50.s
Planning on spending at least five months in Scotland.
Can someone advise as to coverage for health care.Will I be covered
or will I have to pay up front for any required health care.
Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tom

Emergency treatment is free but for routine treatment you are supposed to be permanently resident.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a Canadian passport?

If not (and you're not a Canadian citizen) you will need to get a permanent resident card and if you stay away too long you may not be able to return.

You need to be resident in the UK to use the NHS, not a visitor.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you got a Canadian passport?

If not (and you're not a Canadian citizen) you will need to get a permanent resident card and if you stay away too long you may not be able to return.

You need to be resident in the UK to use the NHS, not a visitor.
Thank you
Yes I have a Canadian Passport, and yes I am a Canadian Citizen
Being a resident does that mean having a permanent address in the U K ??
Tks Tom
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Emergency treatment is free but for routine treatment you are supposed to be permanently resident.
Tks Sally.
Is there any web pages that you may know that could give me a answer to this ???
Again Tks. Tom
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calltom2000
Tks Sally.
Is there any web pages that you may know that could give me a answer to this ???
Again Tks. Tom
Jerseygirl has been keeping up to date with the latest on this issue - if she doesn't see this post it may be worth sending her a private message to ask about it.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calltom2000
Thank you
Yes I have a Canadian Passport, and yes I am a Canadian Citizen
Being a resident does that mean having a permanent address in the U K ??
Tks Tom
Being resident means just that. That it is where you live, where your belongings are, your home. Usually people have an address. Hard to make this any simpler to be honest. Being in the UK for five months with the intention of returning to Canada means you are not UK resident.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I read about what constitutes a resident, it said you lived in the UK for at least 180 days per year and had a permanent home there.
For the life of me I can't remember where I was reading though