Toddlers

Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toddlers

..and the real joy of having kids is when they have kids and they tell you how hard it is when you haven't slept, your nipples are sore, baby has a restless crying time every evening, there just isn't time to enjoy a long soak in the bath..

Oh karma, how I love you
Old Jul 6th 2016, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Teckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
..and the real joy of having kids is when they have kids and they tell you how hard it is when you haven't slept, your nipples are sore, baby has a restless crying time every evening, there just isn't time to enjoy a long soak in the bath..

Oh karma, how I love you
Thanks for the sympathy, Sugarmooma....I guess I'll just have to be patient and await revenge! 😜
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teckelspass
Thanks for the sympathy, Sugarmooma....I guess I'll just have to be patient and await revenge! 😜
You're welcome

Just enjoy this time, these little people will one day exchange roles and will be there for you.
That will be your revenge
Old Jul 7th 2016, 2:52 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
I'm desperately trying to convince SmallChog (3) that she doesn't need to be 8 inches away from me at all times. I feel like she's judging me for my parenting choices...

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/d...pter%20kid.jpg
That is so me. I just want to say 'leave me alone for 2 mins PLEASE' all the time.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
IME, it doesn't!

We only have one, little Miss P who is currently nine, and she was stubborn, difficult and opinionated as a toddler, and hasn't changed much. I don't know where she got those traits from.
My two year old granddaughter is the same. Everyone says it must have skipped a generation...as they look at me.

Edit: Her new 'tantrum' is crying because she claims something has hurt her. Kiss it better grandad...kiss is better...as she hobbles across the room...tears rolling down her face. One kiss from grandad and she has a big smile on her face. Everything in her life is good again.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 8th 2016 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 12:37 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You're welcome

Just enjoy this time, these little people will one day exchange roles and will be there for you.
That will be your revenge
Being on a transatlantic flight, and when the baby starts crying, it's not yours. Oh, the memories! I feel sorry for the parents - but I didn't think anyone ever felt sorry for me!
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Teckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Being on a transatlantic flight, and when the baby starts crying, it's not yours. Oh, the memories! I feel sorry for the parents - but I didn't think anyone ever felt sorry for me!
Thank you for feeling sorry for the parents - as you say, many do not. We have done long international flights with our toddler to visit family, and it is stressful and tiring. She actually ended up doing well and sleeping in the fold-down bassinet (she was still just under 2) for most of the flight, but I was nonetheless worried. My biggest fear was not having to stay awake, walking her up and down etc., it was inconveniencing others.

There are obviously some parents, particularly those with older kids, who let them do whatever...kick the seat in front of them, be rude etc. and they deserve some blame. But most parents, especially those with infants and toddlers, really do their best and sometimes, after having tried food, drinks, toys, etc there is really only so much you can do. I would happily pay a little more for a kid section in the plane if one existed!
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I fear we may be entering a biting phase...
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I love toddlers, they're so challenging yet utterly charming in their naivety. Enjoy that time while you have it! They soon get shi**y and obnoxious but only for a few years.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for feeling sorry for the parents - as you say, many do not. We have done long international flights with our toddler to visit family, and it is stressful and tiring. She actually ended up doing well and sleeping in the fold-down bassinet (she was still just under 2) for most of the flight, but I was nonetheless worried. My biggest fear was not having to stay awake, walking her up and down etc., it was inconveniencing others.

There are obviously some parents, particularly those with older kids, who let them do whatever...kick the seat in front of them, be rude etc. and they deserve some blame. But most parents, especially those with infants and toddlers, really do their best and sometimes, after having tried food, drinks, toys, etc there is really only so much you can do. I would happily pay a little more for a kid section in the plane if one existed!
The FAA advises to use child seats for all children including under 2 during take off and landing. At the moment you are still allowed to not have a seat for infants under 2, but I think there is a push to require it.

Bit like it used to be ok not to strap your kids in the back of the car. Because it was allowed did not make it safe. I know flying is expensive, but it depends how much you kid's wellbeing is to you. There is a price for most things in life.

If using a CARES harness on an international flight , check the local regulations for coming back if you want to use it.

Child Safety
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pil...tbelt_web2.pdf
Old Jul 11th 2016, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrken30
The FAA advises to use child seats for all children including under 2 during take off and landing. At the moment you are still allowed to not have a seat for infants under 2, but I think there is a push to require it.

Bit like it used to be ok not to strap your kids in the back of the car. Because it was allowed did not make it safe. I know flying is expensive, but it depends how much you kid's wellbeing is to you. There is a price for most things in life.

If using a CARES harness on an international flight , check the local regulations for coming back if you want to use it.

Child Safety
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pil...tbelt_web2.pdf
Thanks for the info. When she was under 2, we opted to take her as a lap child, and it was still allowed. We considered the same concerns you outlined, but decided not to purchase a seat because (a) it is very expensive (b) she wouldn't sit in it for much of the flight and (c) during a catastrophic accident most people do not survive anyway. I completely understand that lots of people may decide differently, but suffice to say we thought long and hard about it and were not simply cavalier about it. Also, if you do get a seat with a bassinet, they are not allowed to be in the bassinet during takeoff and landing. I liked that the bassinet had straps that went over the top to prevent falling out during turbulence. It was also interesting that on the non-US airlines we flew, they provided seatbelt extensions that she had to wear during take off and landing sitting on our laps. Those were never provided or required on any US airlines we flew.

In any event, the whole point is now moot, bc she is way over 2 and legally needs her own seat now 😄
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I fear we may be entering a biting phase...
My sympathies...it usually does pass though with adult intervention and correction. At least it did for us. For my daughter it also seemed to correlate at times with a teething phase. So if that is an issue, giving her an alternative to a human being to munch on might help 😜
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... and (c) during a catastrophic accident most people do not survive anyway. ....
I have long suspected that the "put your head down" brace maneuver for airline passengers is designed to ensure that everyone breaks their neck and dies quickly.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

My sympathies...it usually does pass though with adult intervention and correction. At least it did for us. For my daughter it also seemed to correlate at times with a teething phase. So if that is an issue, giving her an alternative to a human being to munch on might help 😜
He's 4 and I think it is more related to acting out his frustrations with not getting what he wants right now now now!
Old Jul 11th 2016, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I have long suspected that the "put your head down" brace maneuver for airline passengers is designed to ensure that everyone breaks their neck and dies quickly.
You'd be surprised how many people survive airline accidents, the most famous one recently was the Hudson landing.

My favorite incident was the Gimli Glider story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.