Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Today's gripe - avoid this company

Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's gripe - avoid this company

Honestly, I don't understand the gripe. Yes, I'd be a bit miffed that they didn't have what I wanted, but they refunded your money for it. If it was the only item in your order, I can understand wanting a shipping refund as well. However, it wasn't the only item and you still have to pay for the shipping for the other items. Besides, most of the time, when I've read fine print, shipping fees are always non-refundable - that is pretty much bog standard for anything I've ordered online. I've also read fine print that allows companies to substitute similar items for an item they don't have in stock (I've seen this on several food sites) without asking the customer's permission to do so.

You're now free to reorder said item from them again, or take your business elsewhere. At least you got your money back.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Just wondering but are you going to ship back the incorrect item?
They haven't asked me to, presumably because the shipping would be more than the cost of the item.

But the item isn't really any use to me, I'll just chuck it or throw it away.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Honestly, I don't understand the gripe.
That's because it didn't happen to you.

I see where you are coming from, but the fact remains that to obtain the item I originally ordered and which I paid for in good faith, I have to go further out of pocket.

I have taken copies of their FAQs and Ts & Cs page, none of which states that they can ship a replacement item if they have no stock. But this company doesn't stock anything anyway, apparently they shop for everything when ordered. They just appear to have a shopper (or packer) who's a moron who can't tell the difference between two products whose containers look nothing alike.

It's not even the money.....I just hate it when companies think they can railroad you and blow you off on the cheap to get rid of you, when they have messed up.

If I owned a company and this happened, I'd feel morally duty bound to just ship the correct item for free.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Nov 20th 2009 at 1:50 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Because for me to obtain the item I originally ordered, I must pay shipping charges on it. To obtain said item, it will cost me more than what I was refunded by them.

I had a contract with them for supply of an item. That contract was accepted (and I was charged accordingly), yet I neither received the item, or a refund sufficient to obtain said item.
Let me see if I get this straight:

1. (#'s are made up) You paid $10 for Brand X but was shipped Brand Y. Brand Y is only $7.50. You were charged $10 for Brand X but only refunded $7.50 for Brand Y which was subsituted so you are out $2.50.

or

2. You paid $10 for Brand X and but was shipped Brand Y. Brand Y is only $7.50. You were charged $10 for Brand X and received a refund of $10.

In either case you are bitching because now you have to reorder Brand X but are out the new shipping charges to ship the Brand X so you want the company to either refund the entire shipping charges for the last order and/or pay for the shipment of the correct item?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have had this happen to me before and upon further invetigation, noted in the small print of the order process, which stated that if the original brand name was not availiable then a generic name may be used in place (or words to that affect) its wrong to my mind, for all we know they may never had the original brand name in the 1st place.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Nov 20th 2009 at 2:44 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:45 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna know what you ordered!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:47 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
I wanna know what you ordered!!!!!
Lol so do I
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Lol so do I
The Sun and he got The Guardian instead.....
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:42 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
The Sun and he got The Guardian instead.....
No he ordered the Daily mail and got the guardian..........
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

A company with good customer service would now send you the correct item for free, but life's too short to be working yourself up about it
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:54 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
No he ordered the Daily mail and got the guardian..........
or perhaps its a box of tissues.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:01 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Actually - all joking apart, I understand your irritation.

Perhaps you wouldn't have placed the whole order if you had known that you'd not get this one item.

However, those are the breaks.

You paid shipping for multiple items - and a refund for the item that wasn't right.

I think it would have been better customer service for them to have sent you the item you wanted and for them to absorb the shipping, but I don't think they are obliged to do that.

Sorry, I'd chalk this one up to experience.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna know what the item is now don't we
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete

1. (#'s are made up) You paid $10 for Brand X but was shipped Brand Y. Brand Y is only $7.50. You were charged $10 for Brand X but only refunded $7.50 for Brand Y which was subsituted so you are out $2.50.

or

2. You paid $10 for Brand X and but was shipped Brand Y. Brand Y is only $7.50. You were charged $10 for Brand X and received a refund of $10.

In either case you are bitching because now you have to reorder Brand X but are out the new shipping charges to ship the Brand X so you want the company to either refund the entire shipping charges for the last order and/or pay for the shipment of the correct item?
I prefer Brand Y, Brand X allways leaves me wanting.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
No.

I want a refund for the cost of ordering brand X, including shipping of that item only. What I've got is the cost of ordering brand X, excluding shipping.

That is all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.