British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Today's gripe - avoid this company (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/todays-gripe-avoid-company-641330/)

BritishGuy36 Nov 19th 2009 9:31 pm

Today's gripe - avoid this company

As we allegedly aren't allowed to 'name and shame' in public on the forum you will need to PM me for the name of this company.

As I often do, I order stuff including food from blighty.

Received an order last week, one of the items was incorrect. It was the correct kind of food item, but the wrong brand (which obviously tastes different).

The vendor (without asking if this was an acceptible solution) refunded my card for the amount of the item only.

Of course, this doesn't help me, because I don't have the item I ordered, and in order to obtain it, I'd need to order it again, and pay a second, high shipping charge.

Bunch of shiesters sent me the wrong stuff, but won't send me the correct item, and will not entertain any further refund etc.

PM me if you want to know who to steer clear of.

Jerseygirl Nov 19th 2009 10:08 pm

Re: Today's gripe - avoid this company

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36 (Post 8111065)
As we allegedly aren't allowed to 'name and shame' in public on the forum you will need to PM me for the name of this company.

As I often do, I order stuff including food from blighty.

Received an order last week, one of the items was incorrect. It was the correct kind of food item, but the wrong brand (which obviously tastes different).

The vendor (without asking if this was an acceptible solution) refunded my card for the amount of the item only.

Of course, this doesn't help me, because I don't have the item I ordered, and in order to obtain it, I'd need to order it again, and pay a second, high shipping charge.

Bunch of shiesters sent me the wrong stuff, but won't send me the correct item, and will not entertain any further refund etc.

PM me if you want to know who to steer clear of.

If you paid by CC call the CC company and have it put into dispute.

BritishGuy36 Nov 19th 2009 10:15 pm

I did pay by credit card.

Do you think they'd do a chargeback with something like this?

Jerseygirl Nov 19th 2009 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36 (Post 8111168)
I did pay by credit card.

Do you think they'd do a chargeback with something like this?

I don't know...call them and say you've received the wrong product and the supplier refuses to refund the shipping charges.

BritishGuy36 Nov 19th 2009 10:52 pm

Worth a shot I suppose! Might give them a bell tomorrow.

Jerseygirl Nov 19th 2009 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36 (Post 8111250)
Worth a shot I suppose! Might give them a bell tomorrow.

Check the small print to see if there's a clause about sending replacement products...if not it's their fault so they should refund the cost of shipping/

Michelmas Nov 19th 2009 11:19 pm

Seriously?? sounds to me like you're complaining over nothing. You got the money back for the wrong item AND still have the wrong item...for FREE. Excuse me if I don't shed any tears because you didn't get the right brand of pork pies, Bisto gravy or Walkers crisps.

Mistakes happen, sounds like they have done the best they can without either party losing a ton of money over it.

Sally Redux Nov 19th 2009 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8111296)
Check the small print to see if there's a clause about sending replacement products...if not it's their fault so they should refund the cost of shipping/

Sounds like only 1 of the items was incorrect, though.

Jerseygirl Nov 19th 2009 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8111344)
Sounds like only 1 of the items was incorrect, though.

Oooops :o.

BritishGuy36...in that case I don't think you're entitled to have the shipping charges refunded. It's worth having another try with the company though...maybe they will give you something towards the charges. Failing that perhaps they will send you the correct item...with free shipping.

Rete Nov 20th 2009 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8111149)
If you paid by CC call the CC company and have it put into dispute.

He was refunded the money for the item and it was only one of many items shipped. So why a refund on shipping charges?

Jerseygirl Nov 20th 2009 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8111662)
He was refunded the money for the item and it was only one of many items shipped. So why a refund on shipping charges?

I realise that now...see the post above yours. ;)

Toontje Nov 20th 2009 2:17 am

About a year ago I ordered some dutch goodies from the Little Dutch Girl in Spring, TX. It's a quaint little shop with lots of stuff that I like. Anyway, just like happened to BritishGuy, one of the items was incorrect. The had the brand right, but not the actual product.
I called them and two days later I received the correct product at no cost to me. And they didn't want the wrong item back.

That's what I call Service! :thumbup:

BritishGuy36 Nov 20th 2009 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 8111662)

Because for me to obtain the item I originally ordered, I must pay shipping charges on it. To obtain said item, it will cost me more than what I was refunded by them.

I had a contract with them for supply of an item. That contract was accepted (and I was charged accordingly), yet I neither received the item, or a refund sufficient to obtain said item.

BritishGuy36 Nov 20th 2009 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8111376)
It's worth having another try with the company though...maybe they will give you something towards the charges. Failing that perhaps they will send you the correct item...with free shipping.

They refuse to do either.

sime303 Nov 20th 2009 5:58 am

Just wondering but are you going to ship back the incorrect item?