Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

THANK YOU EVERYONE :)

THANK YOU EVERYONE :)

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all
Default THANK YOU EVERYONE :)

HI GUYZ!!!

I can't remember the exact date when I started asking questions and silly questions here in BE....and each questions I shoot I really get the answers I need to help me and relieve me with confusions...

I'm sorry if it took me awhile to post this, but I had my interview last June 22,2010 :

Our Appointment is at 10 AM we came 30 mins early and waited for an hour before they called us. BTW we are in Seattle state of WA.

He asked us to raise our right hand and swear to tell the truth.

He asked for our ID...asked if I'm working already...he got the documents like marriage certificate,joint bank accounts,leasing agreement,utility bills and read my birthday card coming from hubby

Confirmed all the info about me in the file:address which he changed since we moved and asked if we did AR-11 the change of address.Then the questions about have you been convicted...drugs...prostitution...etc..etc...whic h I know he didn't finished anymore....

He just asked my hubby about his work. How we met, when did we tie the knot.

Then he said : If he needs anything we will hear from him,nevertheless he thinks it will get approved and he only needs to review it. If it is okey I will received the card 2-3 weeks.

Ohh..and he reminded me that it is a probationary status and it is valid for 2 years and need to apply for a new one removing the conditions in this visa.

After 2 days I received a Notice: WELCOME TO AMERICA!!! your application for adjustment of status has been approved.

And I received my Employment Authorization Card the same day too. Plus, I received a call that morning and I got the job I'm applying This is the reason I was overwhelmed I wasn't able to post immediately.

I think I also need to share about my medical exam: I got the form coming from KnightBridge in London: I went to a clinic and I asked the receptionist how much they charge and they told me they dont know yet, the nurse took my BP and asked her again how much, no answer, and the doctor came...upon seeing my X-ray receipts which I didn't removed in the form he told me I need to get my blood test since I got my Xray exam. I told him I just need him to fill up the part of the form I need since I got my vaccines done already. He did but he was saying that I might get a problem at USCIS. Then he gave me a copy and sealed the envelope. BUT!!! paying time...BP and doctor's signature cost me $100 !!!! I was expecting like 30 or 40

ANyway here is the timeline:

Dec.23,2009 London Embassy Interview/ Visa Approved
Feb.4,2010 Point of Entry Chicago/arrived in US
Mar 5,2010 Civil Wedding
April 2010 Mailed all requirements to USCIS Nebraska
May 03,2010 Biometrics Appointment
May 17,2010 Interview date letter arrived
June 22, 2010 AOS interview day
June 24,2010 Received the letter of Approval of Adjustment of Status
Received Employment Authorization Card

AGAIN THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE HELP you guyz are awesome in doing this stuff and coming up with BE and updating it...I will definitely ask more questions after 2 years I know

More Power

Jeimz
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:07 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: THANK YOU EVERYONE :)

Congratulations! Now you can coast for the next 2 years!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeimz7
...I will definitely ask more questions after 2 years I know

Congratulations!

When your green card arrives, put your EAD away somewhere safe; you won't need it anymore.

Please! Don't stop paying attention to this topic now.. the next few months go very quickly, and there are things you can be doing now to prepare for your I-751 that will make filing easier at the time.

You are a Permanent Resident from the date of your approval (conditional or not). You'll want that date in case you also decide to file for naturalization.

But, celebrate this weekend!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations!

When your green card arrives, put your EAD away somewhere safe; you won't need it anymore.

Please! Don't stop paying attention to this topic now.. the next few months go very quickly, and there are things you can be doing now to prepare for your I-751 that will make filing easier at the time.

You are a Permanent Resident from the date of your approval (conditional or not). You'll want that date in case you also decide to file for naturalization.

But, celebrate this weekend!
I will keep it in mind and read about the I-751..on how I can prepare for it....better to put it on my calendar

Thanks