Thank you BE

Old Oct 15th 2017, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you BE

Congratulations on the job. Will you next venture be an inter-state relocation consultant?

I have learned through BE how different some states can be.

When are you writing your book or is it on kindle already?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:17 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Well spotted!
Some BE posters know me in real life and know that I've been kinda writing stuff over the last year. The more on-the-job experience I get, the more hints and tips I learn and it is these hints and tips that I think are really valuable alongside the more general advice given out either in forums or by the mobility companies.

I think I've shared most of them on BE already at various times and I will continue to do so. Lord knows when this book might be ready as even Friday, I overhead a conversation at a leasing office for an apartment complex so I questioned one of the managers about it. Basically, a way round poor credit if you've been out of the country without having to stump up double the deposit. She's going to let me know if her HQ allowed it,so if they do, then that might useful.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Well spotted!
Some BE posters know me in real life and know that I've been kinda writing stuff over the last year. The more on-the-job experience I get, the more hints and tips I learn and it is these hints and tips that I think are really valuable alongside the more general advice given out either in forums or by the mobility companies.

I think I've shared most of them on BE already at various times and I will continue to do so. Lord knows when this book might be ready as even Friday, I overhead a conversation at a leasing office for an apartment complex so I questioned one of the managers about it. Basically, a way round poor credit if you've been out of the country without having to stump up double the deposit. She's going to let me know if her HQ allowed it,so if they do, then that might useful.
Have you looked at surety bonds? A lot of States have, or are thinking of, a maximum security deposit, quite often 1.5x rent. Surety bonds take away some of the risk for landlords. This does not exclude a landlord from asking for first and last months rent on top of the deposit.

The laws are an ever changing minefield and can vary a lot by city and State. For example Seattle now requires landlords to give tenants voting information. Overseas tenants do not needs this, and they should be well informed that they cannot vote.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 4:01 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Have you looked at surety bonds? A lot of States have, or are thinking of, a maximum security deposit, quite often 1.5x rent. Surety bonds take away some of the risk for landlords. This does not exclude a landlord from asking for first and last months rent on top of the deposit.

The laws are an ever changing minefield and can vary a lot by city and State. For example Seattle now requires landlords to give tenants voting information. Overseas tenants do not needs this, and they should be well informed that they cannot vote.
those bonds are really popular with the apartments. $75 to purchase but it's instead of a refundable deposit which can be low anyway. It doesn't get round the lack of good credit though. Most apartments will specify an absolute minimum of 650 just to be cleared on the lease application.
As for the rest.... you see my point about my book! State specific advice that is constantly changing. I have a plan though.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck PF! They are lucky to find someone with the knowledge you have.