Thank you BE

Old Oct 14th 2017, 3:01 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you BE

The last few months have seen me start a new career.

From being in dentistry and then medical/dental equipment sales and back to dentistry in France, I was rather at a loss as to what I could do to earn a living in the USA. Hygienist doesn't transfer - which tbh didn't bother me that much and I just thought I would figure something out.

I had a friend in France who started a relocation business because she knew that Airbus UK would be transferring 250 families in a few months. She loved it, was good at it and when she saw the tides turning at Airbus relocations she sold up and made a pretty penny.

I've learned a huge amount through BE and all you lovely people. I'm now working as a "DSC" = destination services consultant - and I love it. I wouldn't know a fraction of what I know to do my job well if it hadn't been for BE.

My first international assignees will benefit from all this acquired knowledge. Their journey into the big wide world of the USA will be easier because of you guys.

Thank you.

xxxxx
Old Oct 14th 2017, 3:42 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you BE

Good luck to you. But it kind of feels like you are monetizing what this forum provides. Not sure how I feel about that!
Old Oct 14th 2017, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. To do what you have done not only takes a technical skill set but also a psychological skill set.

I don't feel like PF is monetizing the forum, but if she is, so what? It takes money relocate and cash is thicker than blood.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 4:06 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's a nice job. If anyone else wants to do it, happy to help.
Also 4383 posts. it wasn't a one way street.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 5:17 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt you will split any commissions from IA with Pulaski. Hope you are succesful.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 5:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Presumably your first recommendation is North Carolina.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Orlando!
Old Oct 14th 2017, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, petitefrancaise! What a wonderful job, and I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

I'd suggest petitefrancaise is monetising her own experiences and the lessons she's learned along the way, not the forum itself. From what I've read, she is a seasoned expat! We all learn from other people. What don't we learn from other people! And we absolutely should put our good lessons to great use, no matter where or from whom we learned them, especially if it's to help others.

Bravo, I say.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:21 am
Austin. TX.

"monetising BE"??

that's a strange way to look at it. Funnily enough, when I sent out my resume, I realised that what these companies were looking for fit my life and work experience. Professional background, I've moved internationally several times, one of them required learning a new language, I've succesfully navigated my kids through 3 educational systems, bought and rented homes in all of those countries. Had 3 different driving licenses and 3 different social security numbers, had bank accounts etc etc I've now lived in Austin long enough to know the city really well.

The bit I picked up from BE in advance of my US move was about how hard it was to get a car.

Being on BE and giving out the same advice time after time and realising that the information I had was really useful, and filling in the odd spot that I didn't know was what I meant. It gave me the confidence to apply.

Working as DSC or Relocation consultant is freelance, reasonably well paid and enjoyable. My clients are corporate companies, (so no, I don't tout for business on BE) and I look after their employees. And taking commission from anyone is forbidden obviously.

Rather than say I am monetising BE I think of BE as having had the unpaid benefit of my experience for the last 4 years and 4000 posts. I have continued to contribute to BE in my spare time.

Anyway, like I said, if you fit the profile and would like some freelance work, it's a nice gig to have.

Last edited by petitefrancaise; Oct 14th 2017 at 11:39 am.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
"monetising BE"??

that's a strange way to look at it. Funnily enough, when I sent out my resume, I realised that what these companies were looking for fit my life and work experience. Professional background, I've moved internationally several times, one of them required learning a new language, I've succesfully navigated my kids through 3 educational systems, bought and rented homes in all of those countries. Had 3 different driving licenses and 3 different social security numbers, had bank accounts etc etc I've now lived in Austin long enough to know the city really well.

The bit I picked up from BE in advance of my US move was about how hard it was to get a car.

Being on BE and giving out the same advice time after time and realising that the information I had was really useful, and filling in the odd spot that I didn't know was what I meant. It gave me the confidence to apply.

Working as DSC or Relocation consultant is freelance, reasonably well paid and enjoyable. My clients are corporate companies, (so no, I don't tout for business on BE) and I look after their employees. And taking commission from anyone is forbidden obviously.

Rather than say I am monetising BE I think of BE as having had the unpaid benefit of my experience for the last 4 years and 4000 posts. I have continued to contribute to BE in my spare time.

Anyway, like I said, if you fit the profile and would like some freelance work, it's a nice gig to have.
Sounds like a fun deal for you.

I guess BE has probably gave you an understanding of the different visa categories, ability for spouse to work etc.

Not dissimilar to someone reading a book at a library and being inspired to go into business!

Good luck! I'm rooting for you.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Every time.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

With the second being Wells Fargo...
Old Oct 14th 2017, 8:07 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169

Good luck! I'm rooting for you.
Seconded! Kudos for seeing the opportunity and grabbing it with both hands.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
No doubt you will split any commissions from IA with Pulaski. ....
Prorated based on number of posts?
Originally Posted by RICH
Good luck to you. But it kind of feels like you are monetizing what this forum provides. Not sure how I feel about that!
Well we've got some new insights on several topics, notably including mortgages for expats based on her new job too.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 14th 2017 at 11:09 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. I've found your posts on BE incredibly helpful. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.