Thank you

Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Tonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really nice
Default Thank you

Thanks everyone who helped me during my visa application.
Even though it got suspended last month, because my wife is in the UK and they wouldnt accept her parents I864a forms as she isnt living with them my wife went back and opened a bank account and sent me the papers, and i sent em off to the embassy on 25th sep and got my visa through the post this morning. So all went well, immigration officer im pretty sure never checked my medical exam either lol i havnt been asked to get health insurance even though i have diabetes, which im amazed some people on here in good health have been asked to get it first.

So thanks everyone for your help
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you

Originally Posted by Tonyuk
i havnt been asked to get health insurance even though i have diabetes, which im amazed some people on here in good health have been asked to get it first.So thanks everyone for your help

Congratulations on getting your visa

I have never heard of USCIS requesting that someone get health insurance. I think you might be getting confused with people on here who have written about how they have been managing their health (myself included) by arranging health insurance.

I wanted to clarify that because a lot of people read these forums and I don't want them thinking that they would be asked by the USCIS to have health insurance arranged.

USCIS assess a person's health and public charge status via the medical carried out by an appointed doctor (aka panel physician). It is not a requirement of any USCIS visa process that a visa applicant has health insurance arranged. It helps, of course, but that's very different to it being required.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
I have never heard of USCIS requesting that someone get health insurance. I think you might be getting confused with people on here who have written about how they have been managing their health (myself included) by arranging health insurance.

I wanted to clarify that because a lot of people read these forums and I don't want them thinking that they would be asked by the USCIS to have health insurance arranged.

USCIS assess a person's health and public charge status via the medical carried out by an appointed doctor (aka panel physician). It is not a requirement of any USCIS visa process that a visa applicant has health insurance arranged. It helps, of course, but that's very different to it being required.
A while back, there was a rash of posters who had visa interview in London and were specifically asked to show proof of health insurance up front. It happened sporadically for a period of time, but seems to have calmed down again. It's not a requirement, but as I said for a while the ConOffs were requesting it.

Rene
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Tonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
A while back, there was a rash of posters who had visa interview in London and were specifically asked to show proof of health insurance up front. It happened sporadically for a period of time, but seems to have calmed down again. It's not a requirement, but as I said for a while the ConOffs were requesting it.

Rene
Ah thank you, was starting to doubt myself there lol

Fries you moved yet?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Thanks Rene, I just wanted to clarify that it isn't a requirement. I've been following these boards closely for nearly a year and I'd never come across it. If they were requesting it then thankfully it's stopped now However, as a balance against that, I wrote this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post7879775

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Oct 6th 2009 at 10:52 am.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not confuse CIS people with the consular people who issue (or deny) visas.

Regards, JEff

Thanks everyone who helped me during my visa application.
Even though it got suspended last month, because my wife is in the UK and they wouldnt accept her parents I864a forms as she isnt living with them my wife went back and opened a bank account and sent me the papers, and i sent em off to the embassy on 25th sep and got my visa through the post this morning. So all went well, immigration officer im pretty sure never checked my medical exam either lol i havnt been asked to get health insurance even though i have diabetes, which im amazed some people on here in good health have been asked to get it first.

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Congratulations on getting your visa

Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So thanks everyone for your help

Congratulations on your success. Next stop, the USA.